AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-27, 17:36   Link #1
Antonik

Best "new" series?

whoever follows the new season of anime could tel me whats really good? I watch Bleach but thats not enough.

and is it okay to follwo gundam seed destiney even if i didnt watch gundam seed?

cheers
Old 2004-11-27, 19:18   Link #2
2otaku
What is it?

Send a message via AIM to 2otaku
I suppose one would need to know what your access is? Cable, dish, rentals? I have dishnetwork and will be watching Full Metal Alchemist tonight. I wonder if TechTV (now something else) will carry on with Last Exile when ... er, here;
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=5752

Yeah!
Old 2004-11-27, 19:53   Link #3
Antonik

naw i meant shows that just came out and are like 6eps into the series... i saw last exile and FMA but i want to see some stuff thats airing right now, and dont knw if any of them ary any good.
Old 2004-11-27, 20:57   Link #4
shino bugged
shino

Sunabazo
Old 2004-11-28, 17:03   Link #5
EV|RockLee
Rock Lee PWNz

Send a message via AIM to EV|RockLee Send a message via MSN to EV|RockLee
IMO Gundam SEED Destiny takes it this season. But you SHOULD watch SEED preceeding it.

so...the shows not listed didn't really strike me as worth finishing

Ring ni Kakero - This one is a fun hot blooded boxing show with exaggerated attacks, and cool characters, based on the manga by Masami Kurumada of Saint Seiya Fame worth downloading for various reasons, including the GODLY opening song and good ED song. From what i understand, the manga has great character development and fights, and the 6 episodes i've seen RAW seem to verify this.
BlackJack - Very awesome show about a doctor with a "Godlike Scalpel" based on VERY awesome manga by THE Osamu Tezuka. great opening and ending songs. Anyone missing out on this show is missing out on a lot! Great twists, tons of intensity, and likable charcters
Meine Liebe - Interesting show about bishounen in germany...kinda has a Gundam Wing-without-Mecha feel to it. Doesn't feel like a Bee Train Series at all. I don't know how others feel, but i like it.
Gankutsuou - Gonzo take on the classic novel by Alexander Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo, ABSOLUTELY gorgeous, could be gonzo's best anime, superior to Kaleido Star.
Sunabouzu - Funniest shounen this season ^_^ A perverted midget in the desert with a winchester = INSTANT WIN
Gakuen Alice - Funniest shoujo this season ^_^. Might turn out kinda like a funny take on the idea of X-Men from what i've seen (ep 1) Very good opening song.
Kannaduki no Miko - Started off fairly generic, right down to the lesbians, but when the story picks around ep 8, improves tenfold Note:Has lesbians and Super Robots
Rozen Maiden - awesome OP by Ali Project + Killer Dolls + cool soundtrack = Win
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha - Possibly one of the best Mahou Shoujo series in a while. Has a very CCS feel to it. Still can't be as good as Princess Tutu though >_>
Kappa no Kaikata- Funny, but short episodes
Mai~Hime - Cool show with girls..

the others:

I didn't like Genshiken or School Rumble much, but others find them funny. Uta Kata will satisfy your loli needs, but it's not too great. Tactics and Fantastic Children i haven't seen, but i hear they are good. Viewtiful Joe is generic, gets somewhat better later on. Yugiou GX sucks horribly compared to the excellent DM (uncut). Tsukiyomi~Moon Phase is a cool show. Kakyuusei 2 and W-Wish are Harem series, so i didn't Bother, as they seem fairly generic. Futakoi i hear is very funny, haven't downloaded it personally. Bleach and Beet the Vandel Buster are both good (Beet gets off to a slow start, improves), but since they will be so long, might as well wait a year or so before starting them Zipang is another i've yet to see. Ryusei Musumet Sentai is just abysmal, and hence no sub group did it. Yakitate! japan is a great manga that i love dearly, but the anime ruins it. BECK is a fun show, although it's manga is better. Worth checking out for the HILARIOUSLY BAD ENGRISH. Grenadier is pretty lame, it's not very interesting, but it has big boobies.

Last edited by EV|RockLee; 2004-11-28 at 22:51.
Old 2004-11-28, 20:49   Link #6
Antonik

Thanks alot for taking your time writing your summaries, Sunabouzu and Gankutsuou sounds good, thanks alot I really appreciate it.
Old 2004-11-28, 21:21   Link #7
EV|RockLee
Rock Lee PWNz

Send a message via AIM to EV|RockLee Send a message via MSN to EV|RockLee
both of those are GONZO series, it's a weird season when GONZO makes my "Best of season" list

Do check out Black Jack and Ring ni Kakero as well, they are higher on my list for this season! And give Gakuen Alice a shot, it's very funny!
Old 2004-11-28, 22:05   Link #8
DaFool
Resident devil

If you have the resources (i.e. broadband) and the time, just download the first ep of every new show (even the raw if there's no sub yet)

Cross off those shows that are in your opinion terrible just by the first episode alone. Watch a few more episodes of the rest to see what direction they're taking. By that time you would have pinpointed your favorite series, and at the same time not missed out on anything else. You can then classify the shows as priority watches or something to pass the time. The rest you would just drop and your encyclopedic knowledge of anime would be increased.

That way when someone goes ranting, "#$&%" is so "%*%(^" good, you will immediately know whether to be interested or not, since you've at least seen a preview.

It's hard to recommend unless we know exactly what your tastes are.

As for shounen fighting shows like Bleach,... Bleach is pretty much it this season, unless you consider Ring ni Kakero as a shounen fighting anime (i would say sports anime, since shounen typically has ninja or magic in it). And you cannot understand Gundam Seed Destiny unless you watch every single Gundam before it. Nah, j/k.
Old 2004-11-29, 13:13   Link #9
Aquillion

Personally, I'd have to say either BECK or Fantastic Children look like the best. Gakuen Alice is surprisingly good, too, though it's hard to tell where it's going to go after just one episode.

School Rumble is also good, but its jokes are sort of hit-or-miss, and when it misses it still tries to stretch them out for ten minutes, which is a mistake. Still, it's good.
Old 2004-11-29, 13:54   Link #10
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

for the new season it's Fantastic Children, Windy Tales, Mai-HiME, Gankutsuou and Kannaduki no Miko for me. For the currently running shows MONSTER and KURAU are great.
Old 2004-11-29, 14:36   Link #11
UnDeaD

Starting this season Bleach, Gankutsou and Fantastic Children are my favorite (Beck is enjoable too... but its really slooow....), Monster isnt really a new series... but its still going and i really recomend you to chek it out...
Old 2004-11-29, 20:24   Link #12
ZeroSystem

Send a message via Yahoo to ZeroSystem
Not exactly new but worth mentioning

So yeah it's half over already but if you haven't checked out Standalone Complex you're missing too much, go back and catch up! Second season is rip roaring with a fair ammount of character development.
Oh and I might get flamed for this but worth the wait: Initial D 4th Stage... if you're even vaguely interested in cars it's defiantely working it's way through the story.
Old 2004-11-30, 11:04   Link #13
Wilcon

Send a message via ICQ to Wilcon Send a message via MSN to Wilcon
Final Approach - Just 10minute episodes, mostly comedy with a touch of romance(some ecchi at times). I really like the episodes which'r going plain comedy, cause when the romance come in you can't really take it serious(its not a serious show, so they should keep to the comedy only).

Grenadier - Action/comedy, with a big boobed girl Nice action, good comedy, not so good sentimental scenes...but it'll do. I like the main-character.

Kannazuki no Miko - Trust me, do not watch this for the mecha...it's reeeally boring, if not ridiculous. Didn't really like any of the fight-scenes.
Well, that's the negative part, the good part is that everything between the fights is great. I would call it Drama/romance(both hetero and lesbian ).
It's worth watching just for the drama/roamcen, trust me. Great opening also.

Mai Hime - Best show so far. It's mainly action/comedy/romance. I love the character-designs and the animation overall(great characters also. Main-character is great).

School Rumble - Mainly comedy. It reminds me of Azumanga, in both the animation and comedy-style. I love it

Both School Rumble and Mai Hime are highly recommended.

Last edited by Wilcon; 2004-11-30 at 11:40.
Closed Thread