AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-06, 15:13   Link #81
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I think its more a recap on the little more complicated DF users, Mr 3 is pretty straightforward where as Bon-chwans and Buggys have got more to em.

but yea seems they are just a little reminder of their DF ability, it has been awhile since they have shown up.

and also think I'll go with the Wardens DF being a Logia for time being, till told otherwise.
Old 2009-02-06, 15:18   Link #82
Change of Pace
Shameless Zoro Fangirl

BOOOOOON CHAAA~~~~NNNNNN <33333

ASDFFFFFFFF I'm so glad he's helping Luffy, I'd expect no less from the greatest Okama EVAR.

... Though I, too, almost had a heart attack when ZORO popped up (Dammit, Oda-sama, that was CRUEL! My fangirl heart can't take that kind of feint!!) but still Bon-chan is amazing. LET'S GO TOGE~THER.
Old 2009-02-06, 15:42   Link #83
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Everyone has a weakness, so why are we trying to make one specific weakness absolutely impossible for potential characters to have?
Fair enough. I am done with this argument. I'll admit that my argument is speculation, but quite frankly it is axiomatic (assumed to be true without proof) when looking at the history of shounen mangas. Let's just wait for the upcoming war with the Whitebeard pirates to commence. Hopefully, Hancock will be shown fighting some high level opponents and not just cannon fodder. Only then will we be able to completely confirm if her charms and petrification work on them or not.
Old 2009-02-06, 16:52   Link #84
james0246

First of all, did the Warden start to dissolve when he released his poison, or was that merely the poison seeping out of him that made the Warden appear to dissolve?

And secondly, Zoro's smile in this chapter was frightening...

Also, I have forgotten, but doesn't the VA for Buggy also do Bon Clay's voice as well?
Old 2009-02-06, 16:59   Link #85
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB
It's a koala. You can even tell by looking at the ears. I mean, even the marines noticed it....
Ok, I gave it a second glance, and I noticed The first time I looked I was thinking it was part of the door.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246
First of all, did the Warden start to dissolve when he released his poison, or was that merely the poison seeping out of him that made the Warden appear to dissolve?

And secondly, Zoro's smile in this chapter was frightening...

Also, I have forgotten, but doesn't the VA for Buggy also do Bon Clay's voice as well?
I don't see him disolving, but rather being covered with that poison. I'll say it's Paramencia, since Logia would be too hard to beat (I know that he's a chief and all).

Bon Clay has the same jap voice as Franky and Jango.

By looking at that Zoro's smile, you have to see that he's not himself - I mean that Bon-chan has trouble in acting not Okamaish XD
Old 2009-02-06, 17:17   Link #86
DSDSSDWE
Blah

I think it is kind of odd to say that nobody "stronger" than Hancock can/will be affected by her petrification powers. The truth, AFAWK, is that everyone with 1. not enough willpower and/or 2. interest in pretty women like Hancock will be affected by her powers to some degree. (Actually, I guess Haki seemingly plays a big role in defusing DF abilities as well.)

The fact that Jimbei, Ace and Crocodile weren't charmed by her looks (NOT her DF power) doesn't say much. Jimbei probably is not into human females and Ace is likely NOT very concerned with hot chicks at the moment, being beaten close to death multiple times, sentenced to die in a couple of hours and the cause of a major war that might see his "dad" WB killed. Oh, and something tells me Croc would find more enjoyment tearing Hancock in pieces than anything else, the hooked bastard.

Would her DF powers have worked on them (Ace/Croc) if she could have used them in a different situation? Who knows. The only reason it didn't work on Luffy had nothing to do with his strength or willpower: the guy simply isn't into women sexually (or men, not implying that he's gay FYI). If caught off guard, she may just well succeed (on some of them). Course, it is unlikely that the stronger guys are caught off guard easily. When you're in the position that they are, I suspect they are prepared for hostilities mentally.

Example: I think we can all agree that that Perona chick from Thriller Bark arc is "weaker" than Zoro and co, yet she floored them all with her depression ghost things and they had to have their asses saved by Usopp.
Old 2009-02-06, 17:45   Link #87
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Bon Clay will be the perfect ally for Luffy when he's attempting his escape, there should be some good diversionary tactics when the time comes.

And gotta love the level 5+ cannon fodder.

Last edited by Tommy; 2009-02-06 at 17:59.
Old 2009-02-06, 17:45   Link #88
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I truly enjoyed this chapter initially for Sadi-Chan then one of my favorite character re appeared Bon Clay Sama . Sadi the name's so beffiting cant wait to see her work that whip once animated PX
Old 2009-02-06, 18:02   Link #89
Wolcik

I bet Sadi-chan will be very perverted XD I just wonder if Oda didn't give her some weird eyes that could make her look gross ^^'
Old 2009-02-06, 18:06   Link #90
Cinocard

Only if she fights anyone else but Okama. Who can be perverted to him?
Old 2009-02-06, 18:07   Link #91
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Just when you felt there wasn't a hoxier character than Hancock, Oda tops it up by introducing Sadi-Chan. Kinda slightly worried about bangs covering her eyes too...
Old 2009-02-06, 18:25   Link #92
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Fair enough. I respectfully disagree, but, I'm sure you already know that .
Told yall, Chapter confirms Boa never seen Jinbei!!!!
Old 2009-02-06, 18:34   Link #93
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Favorite part of the chapter.......KOALA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^
Old 2009-02-06, 18:46   Link #94
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Just when you felt there wasn't a hoxier character than Hancock, Oda tops it up by introducing Sadi-Chan. Kinda slightly worried about bangs covering her eyes too...
well I think this might be something akin to how we never see Sanji's left eye and I actually wouldn't mind if that was the case. Altho i would love to see her eyes the whole "not being able to" has got quite an alure to it

we've been shown quite the bevy of beauties of late
Old 2009-02-06, 19:06   Link #95
james0246

^My confusion came from reading a lower quality raw. Now that I have a higher quality to read, I can clearly see how the Poison is separate from the Warden's body (ala Mr. 3's wax abilities), whereas with the fuzzier quality I read earlier, it looked like the Warden was actually dissolving.
Old 2009-02-06, 19:21   Link #96
marvelB

Yeah, it's a little tricky to tell whether or not Magellan is a Logia at this point. Judging from the pics, it sort of DOES look like his whole body "transforms" into the poison, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he's a Logia. There's some Paramecia-type powers that also work in a kind of "pseudo-Logia" fashion as well (namely, Mr. 3's wax powers as already mentioned previously, and Califa's soap bubble powers). Personally, I'm still leaning towards Magellan being a Paramecia myself, but maybe we'll actually be told what type of user he is in the coming chapters.....
Old 2009-02-06, 19:36   Link #97
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I don't really see the confusion over the powers.
Wasn't the distinction always pretty clear? A Paramecia just consists of the relevant stuff, while a Logia not only consists of something, but can also control and create more of it (endlessly). And that's exactly the situation we have here: He creates a dragon of poison, outside of his body.
doesn't matter if the dragon is outside his body as both logia's and parmecias could do such a thing... Kizaru for instance created a light sword, and croc made blades of sand

Its a rather tough call cause as it is, you can't really tell if the warden is turning into poison, or if he is just becoming covered in poison.
Old 2009-02-06, 19:49   Link #98
ellifeedn
Thinker

But since the warden eats poison, you got to wonder.
Old 2009-02-06, 19:52   Link #99
Wolcik

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
But since the warden eats poison, you got to wonder.
but they said that he is getting sick because of poison he eats, and than sleeps very long and have diarrehea

Last edited by Wolcik; 2009-02-06 at 20:11.
Old 2009-02-06, 20:34   Link #100
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Excellent chapter. I really enjoyed it. My favorite part was when Magellan manifested that three headed poison hydra from his body and used it to shut up those prisoners since they totally deserved it. It was very interesting to note how Magellan simply purged his lust for Hancock when those prisoners were disrespecting him. He managed to free himself of her charms very easily, which tells us that anger is another way of not falling for her. Jimbei having never met Hancock was also a nice surprise. I wonder which other warlords have never met her before, considering how she despises men.