AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto - Episode 14 (TRUE ROUTE) Rating
Perfect 10 31 36.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 31.40%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 23.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 6.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.16%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-27, 06:04   Link #81
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Other than that this episode was quite entertaining. I was pissing myself when Akakgi revealed how messed up her game was and it's sweet that Kirino has had such a positive impact on Kuroneko.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycanid View Post
This little story arc thus far is only emphasizing the impact Kirino has had on Kuroneko's life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Was a good episode to help Kuroneko build more ties outside of her growing relationship with Kyousuke. It was good to see her just bust into that classroom and get help when she needed it. A certain unnamed character , had a good role in her doing this even while not being there. Still it was Kuroneko who made the decision to take that action and she deserves full credit for it.
Hm...am I the only one who thinks that Kirino wasn't the only person that Kuroneko referred to in that little speech...?

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2011-04-27, 06:54   Link #82
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
... and finally they get it, and make a spin-off manga based on Gokku* Ruri

In between the manga will be drawn by Ikeda Sakura, who has done several H-chapters in Megastore

* that's how I misheard her family name, and remembered Koban's take on how she became a white cat
This feels like To Aru, in that while the main protagonist is a guy and the girl in the title is the heroine, it's the (more popular and fan favorite) love interest supporting character that got the manga spin-off. I wonder if it's canon, because if so, an anime adaptation like Railgun will be much much anticipated for me. Also hoping that this won't mean that Kuroneko will be more sidelined in the Ore Imo main title...
Old 2011-04-27, 07:01   Link #83
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Wow, Kuroneko was in hyper-moe mode all the way throughout the episode. And man, what a funny episode it was. That all-home RPG would have sold well if there were more players like Akagi.

Have to say that Kyosuke, although a bit clueless at times, is an excellent protagonist. He openly volunteered to help with a game project. If I picture some other harem male lead out there, he would have probably be yawning and acting all uninterested during the whole thing.

Last edited by Crimrui; 2011-04-27 at 09:17.
Old 2011-04-27, 08:03   Link #84
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

OMG,... i can't believe kuroneko said those words on their meeting..

"self-gratification mastur____ material"

LOL...

HALA MADRID!
Old 2011-04-27, 08:51   Link #85
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

I find it amusing now that the past two eps, when Kuroneko is at Kyousuke's place, she's laying on his bed.
Old 2011-04-27, 09:34   Link #86
HandofFate

Kuroneko route is so good right now...

Kirino...never come back.
Old 2011-04-27, 10:36   Link #87
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Hm...am I the only one who thinks that Kirino wasn't the only person that Kuroneko referred to in that little speech...?
Well regarding the part in question, it was a pretty clear reference to Kirino. She referred to her as her "hated friend", and the one where failing her work on her game was unacceptable as she'd feel stuck in second place. However, she later went into a point where she commented that she only recently realized that having a friend who was there for you is enough to motivate you to work harder, and that part of the speech was a reference to Kyousuke. That's why she "only recently realized it" -- it's all the time she was spending with him (and learning to rely on him a bit, seeking his opinions, etc.) that helped her realize the benefits of not going it alone. So I think if you take the speech on the whole, it reveals the role both Kirino and Kyousuke had in her life.
Old 2011-04-27, 10:40   Link #88
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Kuroneko is so awesome. She is getting her own spinoff manga. I hope we get a full Kuroneko anime
Old 2011-04-27, 13:09   Link #89
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well regarding the part in question, it was a pretty clear reference to Kirino. She referred to her as her "hated friend", and the one where failing her work on her game was unacceptable as she'd feel stuck in second place. However, she later went into a point where she commented that she only recently realized that having a friend who was there for you is enough to motivate you to work harder, and that part of the speech was a reference to Kyousuke. That's why she "only recently realized it" -- it's all the time she was spending with him (and learning to rely on him a bit, seeking his opinions, etc.) that helped her realize the benefits of not going it alone. So I think if you take the speech on the whole, it reveals the role both Kirino and Kyousuke had in her life.
bingo... yeah, wheee for nounless japanese grammar. Kuroneko was referring to Kirino (hated friend) in one part and to Kyousuke (there for me) in another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan poor
I find it amusing now that the past two eps, when Kuroneko is at Kyousuke's place, she's laying on his bed.
I find it amazing that Kyousuke hasn't lost his mind at the vision.... and that he fell into "I'm not a slave" rather than taking that foot to rub. The kitty plays with her prey, I suppose.... (even if she isn't entirely conscious of her own motives)
Old 2011-04-27, 14:00   Link #90
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I find it amazing that Kyousuke hasn't lost his mind at the vision.... and that he fell into "I'm not a slave" rather than taking that foot to rub. The kitty plays with her prey, I suppose.... (even if she isn't entirely conscious of her own motives)
Oh... I'm willing to bet that she knows what she's doing in this scenario. However, given the typical trend of anime characters with regards to "romantic confession", if she falls into this "shyness" side, she'll lose points and become like all the others. So far, her relatively direct approach has given her quite a unique spot among various characters that I've seen.

===

And the Word of the Day:

セクハラ
Old 2011-04-27, 14:38   Link #91
larethian

this can't be considered a confession though. and she's a tsundere, so......

word of the day: オナニー
Old 2011-04-27, 14:44   Link #92
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
this can't be considered a confession though. and she's a tsundere, so......

word of the day: オナニー
I wonder if the last line of ep 13 will constitute all the "confession" we get (see my .sig) in this anime series?

Somehow I see this relationship being portrayed incrementally and Kyousuke will be long tangled in her web before he realizes there was a change

Last edited by Vexx; 2011-04-27 at 19:18.
Old 2011-04-27, 22:40   Link #93
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Kyosuke: Can't you get rid of the bad ending?
Kuroneko: I want to keep that in no matter what.

NOOO, Kuro, you DON'T want the bad ending D0=. Or does she mean the bad ending for Kirino =03?
Old 2011-04-27, 22:46   Link #94
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

It's for the visual novel they're working on.
Old 2011-04-27, 22:55   Link #95
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Kyosuke: Can't you get rid of the bad ending?
Kuroneko: I want to keep that in no matter what.

NOOO, Kuro, you DON'T want the bad ending D0=. Or does she mean the bad ending for Kirino =03?
okay come on, the context isn't THAT hard to figure out. Kuroneko, little goth, likes tragic endings in her writings.
Old 2011-04-27, 23:02   Link #96
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
bingo... yeah, wheee for nounless japanese grammar. Kuroneko was referring to Kirino (hated friend) in one part and to Kyousuke (there for me) in another.

All protagonist must maintain innocence while being together with girl in his room...

I think Kyousuke and Kuroneko's relationship will still going forward slowly...
Unless, Kirino by miracle comes back at eps 15...
Old 2011-04-27, 23:36   Link #97
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Somehow.... Kuroneko has moved up into the top five of my all-time favorite anime heroines. Maybe number one by the time this series is done. Of course, her old-fashioned line she muttered at the end of episode 13 shot an arrow in my heart. And yeah, its not just the delicate cute, its the whole package of smarts, wile, and whimsy.
Couldn't agree more. Full review:

Kuroneko - via Kana Hanazawa - has a way of delivering dialogue that's like nobody I've seen in anime. A sort of sultry, snarky, purr that's somehow both insecure and cocky at the same time. It's one of the best seiyuu performances I've ever heard, to be honest - she's just absolutely nailed the character and elevated it above and beyond the girl as written into something truly spectacular.

Seriously, I don't know how Kyousuke - either via density of moral fortitude - is able to resist. One look at Kuroneko with that face-down, leg-kicky pose on his bed and I'm done - whatever she wants. Then she throws in that bit about "Let's play a game, Nii-san" and "Rub my feet" and "Lie down next to me on the bed" - Jeebus, how much more do you need, Aho?

Ironically, it may be Kirino's return that's the catalyst to force Kyousuke into some sort of decision. Or not - certainly wouldn't surprise me if things are left open-ended. But with the BD/DVD sales off the charts, there almost has to be something more coming up down the line - second season, OVAs, adaptation of the new Kuroneko manga, something.
Old 2011-04-28, 00:10   Link #98
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Interesting too - the BD sales are off the charts and yet Kirino gets such bad press from so many viewers!

Maybe she is one of the characters that elicits lots of folks just loving to hate her?

Neither here no there, perhaps.

Is there any word on what the next chapter is supposed to contain, btw?

Oh yes - one more aside. One of the things I like BEST about Kuroneko is how gentle and caring she is as an older sister to her younger sister.
Old 2011-04-28, 00:35   Link #99
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycanid View Post
Interesting too - the BD sales are off the charts and yet Kirino gets such bad press from so many viewers!

Maybe she is one of the characters that elicits lots of folks just loving to hate her?

Neither here no there, perhaps.

Is there any word on what the next chapter is supposed to contain, btw?

Oh yes - one more aside. One of the things I like BEST about Kuroneko is how gentle and caring she is as an older sister to her younger sister.
So many "not native japanese" viewers... most of the comments here (positive or negative) are from viewers who are "not the target audience" and not likely to be purchasing consumers. English speaking forumites are often misled as to the popularity of a series because of their exposure to non-native forums.

The only voice that really counts to the anime industry are the sales figures and the response from the Japan viewing audience. They're finding the series very watchable.... the feelings on Kirino are more mixed I'm gathering (simply because of viewer access to the light novels and manga).

Last edited by Vexx; 2011-04-28 at 00:54.
Old 2011-04-28, 01:04   Link #100
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Well, late night anime has a very niche audience with certain tastes... it is very likely that this show with its many references to otaku culture must have hit a string somewhere.

But hey... Neko's been here since episode 2. So. If I can stick with the show just because of her, I'm quite sure others will too, and that's pretty much the minimum. And if anything else appeals to them, it'll be a winner.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Closed Thread