AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-18, 18:19   Link #1
EdenB
Overlord

Shuffle Game Translation?

Seeing as the last thread disappeared when the forum went down, I thought this thread should be remade.

Though this post is more to catch the attention of someone who can actually post something useful about the project, like if the expected date has changed or any screenshots if the text has been inserted.

And hopefully this time we won't go too off topic. Though I was guilty of that myself.
Old 2005-12-18, 18:30   Link #2
07ChanF
Mass Dictionary Lookup...

Shuffle game translation?

Spoiler for Excess:

Happy yet?

Last edited by 07ChanF; 2006-01-18 at 06:14.
Old 2005-12-18, 19:02   Link #3
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

I like this thread better than the Google dump one because it is less messy... if nobody minds...

edit: Oh no! Blaaargghhhhh!!!

07ChanF, I will copy the Google cache into something that is actually readable.

Here you are:

http://www.astrange.ithinksw.net/sa/...y/shuffle.html
Old 2005-12-19, 02:37   Link #4
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

didn't Heklin say somewhere around christmas and newyear
Old 2005-12-19, 02:41   Link #5
Calca
Expressionless

Oh man, Heklin's going to have to register again and everything.

Hopefully he'll come back to tell us he's still with us.

Oh, yeah, he also said it should be sometime after new year. But even if it goes into Feb I wouldn't be surprised given the length of the project.
Old 2005-12-19, 03:51   Link #6
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
BTW here is the progress meter link for the translation

http://www.shii.org/translate/

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
Old 2005-12-19, 04:13   Link #7
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by F!reStr!fe
BTW here is the progress meter link for the translation

http://www.shii.org/translate/

Nice! It's good to know the progress!
Old 2005-12-19, 06:54   Link #8
shermanramni

85%. Great.
Old 2005-12-19, 09:14   Link #9
EdenB
Overlord

Though we already knew that it was 85% last time. ^^; I just wonder if it's moved since then.

And if I remember correctly they said they hoped by new year, but don't count on it. And that was even before they had the Kaze no koe involvement which will add more time (though bring higher quality). So i'd not be suprised with Febuary either. Though that'd still be extremely fast for a translation project.
Old 2005-12-19, 10:24   Link #10
moeru
AAA Regular Member

Send a message via AIM to moeru
Considering how long Kanon's been worked on, just for an example, this would probably be the fastest translation in history next to the short games and demos that get done
Old 2005-12-19, 17:29   Link #11
heklin
YOU want ME to do WHAT?

ahh finnaly the board is back, i really need to put up a website or something lol, just havent had alot of free time with the holidays etc, and i know alot of you were concerned, yes, the project is still going =3
Old 2005-12-19, 17:33   Link #12
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeru
Considering how long Kanon's been worked on, just for an example, this would probably be the fastest translation in history next to the short games and demos that get done
Problem with Kanon Translation is that there's only one person doing everything, and only as a hobby.

Though it doesn't matter, it'll be well worth the wait
Old 2005-12-19, 17:35   Link #13
heklin
YOU want ME to do WHAT?

and kanon has about 15x the amount of text that shuffle has as well....
Old 2005-12-19, 17:51   Link #14
Jackster

just a quick question. like some people know there are two versions of the game, the normal and the limited edition. well now my question is, would the patch work with both editionīs or just one of them?
Old 2005-12-19, 18:27   Link #15
EdenB
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by heklin
and kanon has about 15x the amount of text that shuffle has as well....
As well as the subtitled opening, options and even a way to click on certain words for more information. Finishing the translation of Kanon will definetely be a big accomplishment for Haeleth. Though finishing Shuffle so quickly and from the sound of it, so well will be an accomplishment too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega-kun
just a quick question. like some people know there are two versions of the game, the normal and the limited edition. well now my question is, would the patch work with both editionīs or just one of them?
Good question to ask. >.> I've heard that the limited edition and normal edition are the same, but I can't confirm that or see any readily availible information on it.
Old 2005-12-19, 18:50   Link #16
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenB

Good question to ask. >.> I've heard that the limited edition and normal edition are the same, but I can't confirm that or see any readily availible information on it.
Well, there is one signifficant difference in Kaede's scenario:

For the first choice, you have the option to listen to Mayumi talk about Nerine OR find Kareha and ask about Sia.

Depending on your choice, you'll end up with one more CG with Kaede (The one where she feeds Rin lunch...)

The choice required is different in the Limited when compared to the Normal version.
(Can't remember which was which, but I remember it gave me a lot of irritation when I tried to complete Kaede's route 100%)
Old 2005-12-20, 01:53   Link #17
rale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega-kun
Since a patch will just override the existing script files, it should work with either version. If there are any differences in the scripts between the two, then the version you play after patching would be whatever version the patch is built from. (Note: I haven't actually tested this; it should be considered fairly well-informed speculation).
Old 2005-12-20, 03:44   Link #18
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenB
Though we already knew that it was 85% last time. ^^; I just wonder if it's moved since then.

And if I remember correctly they said they hoped by new year, but don't count on it. And that was even before they had the Kaze no koe involvement which will add more time (though bring higher quality). So i'd not be suprised with Febuary either. Though that'd still be extremely fast for a translation project.
Typically when you add people to a project... everything takes longer .... but you usually get a better product with extra eyeballs involved.
Old 2005-12-20, 11:24   Link #19
Arakawa Takeshi
Christmas Eater

Send a message via AIM to Arakawa Takeshi Send a message via MSN to Arakawa Takeshi
Anything in there you guys wanna recommend to me? I'm pretty much bored now >_>
Old 2005-12-21, 22:45   Link #20
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Excellent, it's still going

On a related note... was Shuffle always $95? I could've sworn it was cheaper than that... it disappeared off Himeya entirely for a week or so, then has appeared at that price. My memory might be playing up but that seems quite a bit more expensive... wasn't it $70 or something?
Closed Thread