AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-01-17, 09:55   Link #2141
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

something to do with that wound of hers. kenny gonna plug up her heart with a sword
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 10:09   Link #2142
Calca
Expressionless

Good excuse for unohana to use her bankai.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 11:05   Link #2143
itachi-san314

'one of them will die' sounds an awful lot like 'using this technique will make you lose your shinigami/quincy powers'. in other words, it doesn't mean anything
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 12:28   Link #2144
inisipis

Alright. Chapter's gets back to some action.

I guess from what I gather 523, we'll be treated to some back and forth scenes of Ichigo and Renji fighting those Zanpakuto's to the tough love training sequence between Unohana and Zaraki with a little back info being spurted out by Kyoraku and that hip-hop guy.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 15:18   Link #2145
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmeister View Post
Hopefully Aizen's the one they mean by "one will die", and therefore we won't have to suffer the loss of either an increased awesome Kenpachi or Attack Mode Unohana - he just gets caught in the crossfire and "didn't he have immortality?" quickly goes away...
I'm all for Aizen playing a role in keeping both of these characters from killing eachother. But I'll be greatly disappointed if he gets killed for it--especially without a good explanation. Because it really shouldn't be that easy (for the reason you mentioned).
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 17:19   Link #2146
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Assuming there will be a clear winner of this match between Unohana and Kenpachi (and not a plot-fu cop out), my money is on Unohana. We've only heard hints of her true power before this chapter, though who knows if Kenpachi really does have a bankai or not.

Given what I know of the standard battle-shounen manga form, whoever pops their bankai or strongest attack first will lose.
Old 2013-01-17, 19:24   Link #2147
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
somebody is going to die yeah right

but I'm afraid Kenpachi might learn stuff like shikai or bankai through this, I would really prefer a ridiculous powerup like that kendo stuff he pulled against Noitorra, I still don't know if this was an brilliant or stupid idea tbh hahaha

btw I'm also a bit lost with Unohana's new old personality and that drastic change of her apearenc
Old 2013-01-17, 19:46   Link #2148
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I hope we will not see the true form of the zanpakuto of Unohana during combat "training"
-_-
Old 2013-01-17, 19:51   Link #2149
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
I think this chapter calls for some appropriate background music. Anybody know a good DragonForce song to use for the Yachiru-Classic and Kenny pages?
anything would be better then listening to dragonforce live. just youtube them live and see what i mean.
perhaps "through the fire and flames"? i dunno tbh

I must have read a bad translation cause the chapter hardly mad any sense at all, that or kubo is using some strange grammar.

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Chiisai Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 19:54   Link #2150
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

and I hope none of them dies, for example we see Unohana SERIOUSLY hurt ... or zaraki
:/
Old 2013-01-17, 20:10   Link #2151
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

If anyone's getting trolled, it's Uno, since Zaraki just came out of a coma...guess he didn't get as fucked up as the Zombie, Rukia and Renji apparently did.

But as for one dying? Come on now...

Ken Ken better be getting bankai out of this and learn his sword's name...which is the only reason why I didn't have a cow about him getting cut down in the first place.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 20:18   Link #2152
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I wonder how Isane react if she learned of his past Captain Unohana...
Old 2013-01-17, 22:47   Link #2153
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

I like how Shunsui's gone all Nick Fury and is the man in charge but I already the miss lazy, grab-ass Shunsui. Still, he seems to be a more tactical commander than Yamamoto. He's maybe not even among the top 3 most powerful shinigami in the Gotei 13 (if you count Ichigo), but he knows how to best use his soldiers and how to make them stronger.

The Unohana/Zaraki connection is very exciting. Even though it was pretty much given that Unohana was some kind of über badass who was probably hiding a violent side, I would've never guessed she was a Kenpachi. Two characters who've never shared any kind of interaction until now suddenly have a past together--and it was done in a very believable way that doesn't feel contrived.

Also, Unohana's expressions this chapter were spot-on creepy. Kubo did a great job of making her look serene, but somehow as crazy as Zaraki. I'm hoping that thing about her giving up her life (Zaraki's definitely not going to die) turns out to be b.s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki Chan
I wonder how Isane react if she learned of his past Captain Unohana...
We sure Isane doesn't know? I'm sure Unohana doesn't mention her past, but I don't think she would try to hide it either.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 23:04   Link #2154
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
We sure Isane doesn't know? I'm sure Unohana doesn't mention her past, but I don't think she would try to hide it either.
I think it is obvious that Unohana hides his past, and aside from some person (Kyoraku, Yamamoto and probably other) there are some who do not even know his past Unohana ... as Byakuya, soi fon, hitsugaya ect ... and therefore also Isane ... because why change the name and hide his scar ... In any case I'm sure Isane is one of few who know not for the past Unohana
Old 2013-01-18, 03:55   Link #2155
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyAJ View Post
So, what were they going for when they said Yamamoto "bought" his power?
yama sought out her power

go to the *****stream instead of *****reader
Old 2013-01-18, 06:42   Link #2156
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
btw I'm also a bit lost with Unohana's new old personality and that drastic change of her apearenc
Her appearance isn't any different. It's just that now her hair isn't tied in front of her chest scar.

In anime and manga, changing the hair style a bit can make a character look a lot different, even if their face is still the same.
Old 2013-01-18, 18:00   Link #2157
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Her appearance isn't any different. It's just that now her hair isn't tied in front of her chest scar.

In anime and manga, changing the hair style a bit can make a character look a lot different, even if their face is still the same.
exactly! and then we must add his eyes look smaller which adds a scary looking face has its
Old 2013-01-18, 20:36   Link #2158
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
I think it is obvious that Unohana hides his past, and aside from some person (Kyoraku, Yamamoto and probably other) there are some who do not even know his past Unohana ... as Byakuya, soi fon, hitsugaya ect ... and therefore also Isane ... because why change the name and hide his scar ... In any case I'm sure Isane is one of few who know not for the past Unohana
That's true, though Yamamoto also went by a different name and usually covered his scars but I don't think he was trying to hide anything about himself. Even when Shunsui asked about the fire "demon" pictured on his wall and Yamamoto didn't explain who it was, I figured it was probably because Shunsui was too young to understand.

I think Yamamoto and Unohana were not proud of their pasts, but acknowledged who they once were. Which is why I think Unohana could've explained to Isane since they're close as captain and VC.

Either way, I would be interesting to see what Isane thinks of the whole thing. Yachiru too.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 21:39   Link #2159
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
That's true, though Yamamoto also went by a different name and usually covered his scars but I don't think he was trying to hide anything about himself. Even when Shunsui asked about the fire "demon" pictured on his wall and Yamamoto didn't explain who it was, I figured it was probably because Shunsui was too young to understand.

I think Yamamoto and Unohana were not proud of their pasts, but acknowledged who they once were. Which is why I think Unohana could've explained to Isane since they're close as captain and VC.

Either way, I would be interesting to see what Isane thinks of the whole thing. Yachiru too.
It is true that we know the Unohana and Isane know are close to each another, but just too close for Unohana reveals his horrible past Isane even if it is his Vice-Captain ... Unohana probably afraid of his reaction ect so I also look forward to the reaction Isane when she discovers the past of her Captain.

maybe someone or Unohana will tell to Isane and it is time to drive where we also learn more about his past ...
Old 2013-01-18, 21:46   Link #2160
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
well that depends on what constitutes good. if winning the game = being good, then yes he is good.
Always based on skill.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter