AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-15, 22:00   Link #81
gaiar31

.......How old are they ..............Oop!!!
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 22:58   Link #82
Cirno
Eye'm the strongest

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaiar31 View Post
.......How old are they ..............Oop!!!
Boy, if you want to live long, you'd best not to try to gain unneeded knowledge.
Cirno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 15:16   Link #83
Midonin
Last Engage

Muromi 03 - So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish

That was just a hilarious episode, from start to finish. Hearing Yukari Tamura rant at such lengths about the sheer vitriol she has for dolphins and other aquatic mammals was supremely entertaining. Hii is very much a traditional Ai Nonaka character - I can see her dolphin tamer antics coming back into play. Sumita hasn't gotten a whole lot of screentime yet, but we know she likes to drink. And once again, Muromi's age dates back several million years ago, though I didn't think I'd have to consider the logistics of nonhuman relationships twice today. First Levi falls for that dragon in the swamp, and now we find out Muromi's old flame was some sort of plesiosaur? This show is firing on all cylinders.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 17:01   Link #84
HandofFate

lol @ I bet your just full of mercury
Old 2013-04-20, 20:30   Link #85
kyouray
2D > 3D

Episode 3 is the funniest episode so far.
I love how dolphins were depicted. They were fun and cute but my favourites are the first ones who chatted & making fun of Muromi.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-04-20, 21:02   Link #86
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.3

so muromi is probs with dolphins, whales, & other sea lungs due issue from 200 million years ago & yet other mermaids like hii like dolpihns.

yea muromi so tick-off of dolphins go snap them, chop them & even going psycho crusher attack on hii.

yet hii, levi, & sumida pull like a intervention talk on muromi about sea animal lungs & their evolution then some realize muromi did it as mis-understanding.

all seem patch muromi feud with sea lungs again?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 21:49   Link #87
SQA

I love this series quite a lot, but the thing that gets me is that this captures the essence about zany-era Gainax. (Or, really, post-Anno era)

While the writer is a veteran (having done series comp on Hetalia and Milky Holmes) and the director is pretty much new, the character designer and chief animation director worked on a bunch of series at Gainax (specifically quite a lot on Gurren Lagann) and it really shows. Which is probably why this feels like a mash up of Gainax Comedy and Hetalia. That's the staff that's adapting it.

I miss old Gainax.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 21:52   Link #88
SQA

Also, Saito Chiwa is listed as a "Yeti" in ANN's credit page. Is that moe-blob of something that's carried on another flying moe-blob going to be the Yeti? (Was in the preview)
Old 2013-04-20, 21:55   Link #89
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
Also, Saito Chiwa is listed as a "Yeti" in ANN's credit page. Is that moe-blob of something that's carried on another flying moe-blob going to be the Yeti? (Was in the preview)
Harpy's the girl that Yeti was flying in on. They're two of the few non-sea creatures in the cast.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 00:30   Link #90
gaiar31

Harpy's the girl that Yeti was flying in on. They're two of the few non-sea creatures in the cast. --- another one is Harpy.
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 04:01   Link #91
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

"Two hundred million years ago" guess we don't need to know how old is she
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 04:34   Link #92
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
I think Muromi is going to end up being White Mage. (If anyone has read 8-bit Theater)
Old 2013-04-21, 04:36   Link #93
Dawnstorm

Quote:
What really got me was Levia's "Well, she's just a kid." Put that into perspective.

Best episode yet.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 05:51   Link #94
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
How do we know she wasn't already old then?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 16:38   Link #95
chaos_animagic

LOL @ that Dino...

"O shit, you're Hawt"
"who's that girl"
"just some stalker"
LOL

She got sooo dumped.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 17:23   Link #96
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Yes, a really funny episode. Kind of a travesty that this show has less than a hundred posts. A lot of people are missing out. Similar situation on 2channel: there, this show has only around 4600 posts (around the same as Hentai Ouji), while shows such as Gargantia, Valvrave, and Titans have around 25,000.

I like this kind of good-tempered absurdity. And Tamura Yukari is doing a nice job.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 17:27   Link #97
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Yes, a really funny episode. Kind of a travesty that this show has less than a hundred posts. A lot of people are missing out. Similar situation on 2channel: there, this show has only around 4600 posts (around the same as Hentai Ouji), while shows such as Gargantia, Valvrave, and Titans have around 25,000.

I like this kind of good-tempered absurdity. And Tamura Yukari is doing a nice job.
There aren't a lot of series at this length that truly hit it out of the park for what they're up to. Though I think, by season's end, it'll get a bit more popular.

Mostly as its insanely funny.
Old 2013-04-21, 18:46   Link #98
Dop
Mmmm....

So long and thanks for all the fish...

All the bad mouthing of dolphins was hilarious. Well they look like they're grinning all the time, they must be up to something, right?
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 19:05   Link #99
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I thought it was established that these mermaids were ancient even by the second episode? It's just that we were never really given a timeline for it. Seriously, the Cenozoic? Do they even need to procreate at this rate (despite the joke in the first episode about the eggs needing fertilization)?
Old 2013-04-21, 21:57   Link #100
chaos_animagic

That just make me realized something...

Are those "eggs" even her eggs?

Also... does she really "lay eggs" (on demand?)
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy