AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-29, 19:50   Link #21041
Nightmare637
Who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene098 View Post
I don't understand what you gys are saying "potentially" leaving.
You said Asia, Zenovia, and Koneko have the potential to leave Rias' group.
But to me they seem like the least likely to leave the group, so I'm not getting what you guys mean by "potentially leaving"

What do you mean she already used her 8 pawns?
If the person who held the piece dies, they are reusable right? So what do you mean she already used her pawns?
potentially leaving as in leaving rias and joining issei

and no pawns will be accepted other then issei he is the only pawn for her.

Impassive Harlequin@I think either Tiamat or a chibi draig shoud become his familiar(Tiamat was already forshadowed for this anyway)

and to me ophis is to humanoid to become a familiar and since shes basically guarenteed to lose A LOT of power resurrecting issei she could be his queen

the oter option is her dying since she could take out gods at full power she woulden't be able to be part of his harem which i'm sure no none whants her to die.(she'd be to strong to be an ally if she doesen't lose her power)
Old 2012-03-29, 19:54   Link #21042
Gene098

I've been looking st the comments about everyone becoming high rank devils and getting peerage.

But I feel like if the girls do so and they happen to get their own team maybe Asia, Akeno will have guys in their team and possibly be taken by their own servants as Ise did with Rias.....Gets me kinda depressed thinking like...
Old 2012-03-29, 19:56   Link #21043
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
Been a while since I've posted here, too busy playing Mass Effect 3. About the whole Evil Pieces thing, does the pieces you use and the amount used differ from person to person. For example the more powerful you are the amount and type of pieces needed differs?
Originally, it appeared to be that the number of pieces consumed only depended on the person being resurrected / converted into a devil. However, when Rossweisse the valkyrie was converted with a single Rook, it was mentioned as a recent discovery that unused Evil Pieces undergo changes as the master develops. So the whole truth is unknown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impassive Harlequin View Post
well if a contract is the only thing needed and superior beings are allowed.... Ophis can become Ise's familiar, that way she wont have to be significantly powered down to become one of his pieces and be able to join his harem (thought that would cause too many problems...)
The usual problem is why would a superior being agree to become a familiar and acknowledge you as the master. Though Ise seems to have that covered. We haven't been shown whether familiars are usable in Rating Games or not, so if they aren't, then Ophis joining as a familiar would not affect game balance.

Quote:
I don't understand what you gys are saying "potentially" leaving.
You said Asia, Zenovia, and Koneko have the potential to leave Rias' group.
But to me they seem like the least likely to leave the group, so I'm not getting what you guys mean by "potentially leaving"

What do you mean she already used her 8 pawns?
If the person who held the piece dies, they are reusable right? So what do you mean she already used her pawns?
People are talking about Exchanges. When Ise begins his own group, many of Rias' current servants would want to follow him by having him exchange his pieces with Rias. Again, just because Ise CAN start his own group once he promotes to high class, doesn't mean he has to do so straight away.

There is no mention about the reusability of Evil Pieces at this point. One would think their power is consumed by the process of resurrection. The full implications of the 8 Pawn pieces returning should be explained in Volume 12.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
Old 2012-03-29, 19:58   Link #21044
Nightmare637
Who knows?

Quote:
I've been looking st the comments about everyone becoming high rank devils and getting peerage.

But I feel like if the girls do so and they happen to get their own team maybe Asia, Akeno will have guys in their team and possibly be taken by their own servants as Ise did with Rias.....Gets me kinda depressed thinking like...
WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?!

REREAD THE LAST 10 PAGES!

Asia will join issei along with ravel, zenovia, and potentially koneko

The Girls love issei something like "that" WILL NEVER HAPPEN!

okay*calms down* anyway something like this is impossible so don't think like that okay

zzhk@ I really dobt ophis can become a familiar because it seems to fit more for animals and/or beasts and even though i whant Tiamat to turn into a beautiful women it's never been confirmed if she can

and what game balance?

From what i've seen theres no balance of power i mean Sairanburg...

1. has a SG as a pawn

2.Can completely bust through barriers with a single punch

3. can probably take out a mountain with a singe punch(i can really see him do this)

To me A seriously weakened ophis would only even things out

and sorry if this sounded argumentative but this is merely my opinion on the subject

Last edited by Nightmare637; 2012-03-29 at 20:08.
Old 2012-03-29, 20:00   Link #21045
Gene098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare637 View Post
potentially leaving as in leaving rias and joining issei

and no pawns will be accepted other then issei he is the only pawn for her.

Impassive Harlequin@I think either Tiamat or a chibi draig shoud become his familiar(Tiamat was already forshadowed for this anyway)

and to me ophis is to humanoid to become a familiar and since shes basically guarenteed to lose A LOT of power resurrecting issei she could be his queen

the oter option is her dying since she could take out gods at full power she woulden't be able to be part of his harem which i'm sure no none whants her to die.(she'd be to strong to be an ally if she doesen't lose her power)
Why would they have to leave Rias' group to join Ise's?
I'm pretty sure they can join both right?
It's like the same thing as being a pawn and a king so why can't ot occur this way?

You mean no pawns other than Ise as in Rias wouldn't want any other or it isn't possible?
I mean technically speaking it is possible, since it wouldn't make sense that if a piece holder dies that it would leave that piece spot forever empty.
Old 2012-03-29, 20:05   Link #21046
Impassive Harlequin
a casual observer

@zzhk
I was actually going to ask that question next.... lol you must be psychic

@nightmare
Plus the girls can't even take having Ise leave for a mere 3 days(during the field trip) so they're staying with him till death

^Gene
It is should be impossible for Rias to get another pawn since she used up all 8pawns on Ise (though as of volume 11, the pawns have returned to Rias)... and i'm sure most of the people here would dislike having another pawn join (unless its a cute girl)

As mentioned by zz earlier, they were talking about piece exchanges, so if for example, Ise gets his evil pieces, he would trade his bishop piece to Rias for Asia... so technically, Asia would be leaving Rias group

The pawn and king thing is about how servants are able to gain their own peerage(getting their own set of evil pieces) while still serving as a piece for their master in rating games
-Denpa Kyoushi
For questions and summaries of Highschool DxD, please refer to the social group and make sure to join to access it

Social Group Link
Question and answer by zzhk
Old 2012-03-29, 20:09   Link #21047
Gene098

Quote:
WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?!

REREAD THE LAST 10 PAGES!

Asia will join issei along with ravel, zenovia, and potentially koneko

The Girls love issei something like "that" WILL NEVER HAPPEN!

okay*calms down* anyway something like this is impossible so don't think like that okay
Thanks that makes me feel better and more confident that it won't,
But the possibility is always haunting me there,
I mean a time will come when that happens and they will have tog et their own pieces and I'm pretty sure not all the girls will have all girl groups....

And you talk about Asia, Ravel, Zenovia, and Koneko but where is Akeno?
Well anyway I don't see how this pertains to the discussion at hand because even though they may join Ise's group it doesn't mean they won't have their own group.

I'm not saying all this depressing stuff because I want it to happen but because I want to stay the possibilities and try to eliminate all the and ones with you guys.
Old 2012-03-29, 20:10   Link #21048
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Why would they have to leave Rias' group to join Ise's?
I'm pretty sure they can join both right?
It's like the same thing as being a pawn and a king so why can't ot occur this way?

You mean no pawns other than Ise as in Rias wouldn't want any other or it isn't possible?
I mean technically speaking it is possible, since it wouldn't make sense that if a piece holder dies that it would leave that piece spot forever empty.
no... because in order for Ise to have ownership of Aisa and Zenovia, he needs to trade rais a bishop and knight piece.

That means Rias will have 2 free pieces in exchange for asia and zenovia.
That also means they wont be able to fight for Rias in a Raiting game, because they no longer belong to Rias.

And Ise can not use them either unless he has ownership.
So him not using the pieces and Asia + Zenovia being owned by 2 kings is out of the question.

Ravel will probably go with ise also, seeing how she has a more active role as manager, and her mother did say she was free for ise to take once he got king.

So in short, ise is already out of bishops. This is why kuroka will never be part of ise's group. You would need to give up 2 bishops for kuroka, and he has no bishops.

But then again kuroka has no master for ise to trade bishops to, so if the guys want to dream, ise could probably sacrifice 6 pawns for kuroka... basically take her and give up 6 pieces back to beelz, but i highly doubt that.
Old 2012-03-29, 20:14   Link #21049
Nightmare637
Who knows?

Quote:
I mean a time will come when that happens and they will have tog et their own pieces and I'm pretty sure not all the girls will have all girl groups....

Well anyway I don't see how this pertains to the discussion at hand because even though they may join Ise's group it doesn't mean they won't have their own group.

I'm not saying all this depressing stuff because I want it to happen but because I want to stay the possibilities and try to eliminate all the and ones with you guys.
Akeno will probably be promoted along with issei and kiba so i diden't include her

aigomorla@nothing is impossible for issei if he whants a girl he gets a girl

and as i've stated before no one knows how the EP work so for all we know Kuroka's former masters pieces may not have any hold on her anymore and could be overwritten by isseis(since beelz is a gamer it's like overwriting save data)

plus since the power of a piece is dependent on their master Kuroka could be worth less pertaining to issei (and she could be a rook for the reason i stated above)
Old 2012-03-29, 20:18   Link #21050
cyberdemon

a thought i had with the idea of Tiamat becoming Ise's familiar. Something sexy that this series is missing... YURI! What if Tiamat was into women. I can just imagine the terror LOL!
Old 2012-03-29, 20:22   Link #21051
Gene098

Quote:
Akeno will probably be promoted along with issei and kiba so i diden't include her

aigomorla@nothing is impossible for issei if he whants a girl he gets a girl

and as i've stated before no one knows how the EP work so for all we know Kuroka's former masters pieces may not have any hold on her anymore and could be overwritten by isseis(since beelz is a gamer it's like overwriting save data)

plus since the power of a piece is dependent on their master Kuroka could be worth less pertaining to issei (and she could be a rook for the reason i stated above)
If Akeno's promoted that doesn't mean she can't bepressed as well so I don't see why you you guys didn't include her.

Last edited by Gene098; 2012-03-29 at 22:25.
Old 2012-03-29, 20:25   Link #21052
Nightmare637
Who knows?

Quote:
If Akeno' promoted that doesn't mean she can't be promoted, so I don't see why you you guys didn't include her.
personally i think ophis will become his queen plus if you take to many of Rias's pieces her team won't make it so i think she should stay where she is
Old 2012-03-29, 20:26   Link #21053
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Personally, even after promotion, I think Akeno would be more interested in being Ise's Queen than managing her own group, but I doubt Rias would agree to the trade.

Quote:

I think you're misunderstanding something about the master-servant relationship. In general, it should be professional like Rias and Kiba or between Sairaorg and his Queen. I'd think cases like Raiser's harem, or between Rias and Ise, are the exceptions rather than the rule. And not all high class devils are interested in managing their own groups and participating in the Rating Game. Take Grayfia for instance, or Ravel's mother.

I should emphasize again that just because Ise can begin his own group if he promotes, doesn't mean he will start a new group immediately.

Since Rias has her sights on Emperor Belial in the Rating Game, I don't think Ise is going to start his own group (and partially absorb Rias' group in the process) until he completes Rias' dreams of succeeding in the Rating Game. Then Rias can sit back and relax and raise kids while Ise sets off on his harem king dream of creating a harem that won't lose to anyone in the Rating Game. Though this seems such a long journey it sounds like it is going a bit beyond "High School" DxD.
Old 2012-03-29, 20:29   Link #21054
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
If Akeno' promoted that doesn't mean she can't be promoted, so I don't see why you you guys didn't include her.
cuz Akeno + Kiba will be promoted along with Ise and be included as Kings.

Akeno also wont ditch Rias like that in reality.
The queen is the most faithful out of all.

I have a heavy feeling its going to be either Opfus, or Ravel will get a upgrade to Queen.
Seeing how she is Ise's Offical Manager, and she was compared to Grafia at times in how she needs to handle business.
Old 2012-03-29, 20:33   Link #21055
Nightmare637
Who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
I should emphasize again that just because Ise can begin his own group if he promotes, doesn't mean he will start a new group immediately.

Since Rias has her sights on Emperor Belial in the Rating Game, I don't think Ise is going to start his own group (and partially absorb Rias' group in the process) until he completes Rias' dreams of succeeding in the Rating Game. Then Rias can sit back and relax and raise kids while Ise sets off on his harem king dream of creating a harem that won't lose to anyone in the Rating Game. Though this seems such a long journey it sounds like it is going a bit beyond "High School" DxD.
I understand what you're saying but issei can still help Rias while getting his pieces and he doesen't need to look for them since they'll all come to him.

And isen't Rias still young to officially join the Rating game?(or am i mistaken)

if so then this gives him plenty of time to find pieces before even needing to help her.
Old 2012-03-29, 20:38   Link #21056
zzhk
Summary Machine

The problem is once Ise starts accepting servants, Rias' group isn't going to stand idle. They will start fighting for his pieces instead.

It seems to have been retconned, but originally Ise thought Rias would start official Rating Games one year later when she graduates high school. Later on, he thinks she will start after finishing university.

Anyway, if Rias is too young, then wouldn't Ise be even younger?
So who knows what the author actually plans to do.
Old 2012-03-29, 20:44   Link #21057
Nightmare637
Who knows?

Quote:
The problem is once Ise starts accepting servants, Rias' group isn't going to stand idle. They will start fighting for his pieces instead.
Well woulden't this happen anyway?

I mean the second he gets his pieces they'll start fighting so it's Isseis job to rectify this(and while there fighting ophis will walk in grab the queen and when the girls try to get it back ophis will act all cute and they'll feel bad for trying to take it from her )
Old 2012-03-29, 20:51   Link #21058
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
didnt i talk about this a long time ago?

lolol...

Ravel And Asia are whistling while jacking the bishops each.
Zenovia come and takes a Knight.

While the other girls notice what they are doing, a fight breaks out amungst them for the remaining pieces.

Then you got Rias in the background with a nasty evil aura going WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!?!?!?!
Old 2012-03-29, 21:01   Link #21059
zzhk
Summary Machine

That's why I think even when Ise is promoted to high class, he will delay receiving his set of Evil Pieces until he completes Rias' goals in the Rating Game.

Otherwise, Rias' team will be cannibalized.
Old 2012-03-29, 21:07   Link #21060
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
That's why I think even when Ise is promoted to high class, he will delay receiving his set of Evil Pieces until he completes Rias' goals in the Rating Game.

Otherwise, Rias' team will be cannibalized.
You're probably right, but how long would that take?

At the absolute minimum, you would need 5 years or so before Rias could reach the top of the Rating Game, I suppose.

There is the possibility that Rias could get some new servants with good capability but that's pretty low unless the guys from Hero Faction miraculously become her servants...

Speaking of that, what do you think will happen to Vali? I always imagined he'd join the devil's side.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, devil, ecchi, fetish, harem, nudity, oppai, romance, school life, shounen, supernatural