AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-10, 09:10   Link #321
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
The gameplay was basically identical between the two games, outside of Jude moving slower in the sequel. What are you talking about?
Weakness system gives huge difference, unless you're playing it without exploiting it then there's not much difference. There's also that sidestep system which, for me, makes the battle seems faster and more reactive even where it actually doesn't.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 09:11   Link #322
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Hmmm... I must have leveled up already... English dubs no longer bothers me anymore.

Then again, Tales series' localizations are pretty respectable (Or at least the ones I've heard) and this one looks to be no different.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 09:17   Link #323
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

only one that i can sure of is Judel is Sam Riegel (Flynn) and Millia is Ali Hillis (Lightning)

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 09:18   Link #324
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

My friends mentioned that the one who voiced Alvin sounds similar to Malik's VA. Anyone knows who voices Alvin in this game?

Old 2013-03-10, 12:02   Link #325
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Weakness system gives huge difference, unless you're playing it without exploiting it then there's not much difference. There's also that sidestep system which, for me, makes the battle seems faster and more reactive even where it actually doesn't.
Weakness system is in Xillia 1 too (elemental, at least), unless you mean the thing where you can break the game against certain enemies by hitting a weak spot with Ludger's gun and just stagger it for hours on end until it dies, regardless of it being 50 levels higher than you. And personally, I don't consider that a good thing.

And I could've sworn there was sidestepping in Xillia 1 as well, but I probably don't remember since I just free-run. At the very least, I'm positive that there was backstepping.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 02:36   Link #326
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

No I meant the fact that you could stagger every enemy even when they don't have weakness point by exploiting the circle thingy using might charge. As long as you don't use corpse shell to hold back the circle, you could do some creative combos to every enemy. That's the system that Xillia 1 lacks. They're making some adjustment of the major complaint that boss will counter for every few hits by making them possible to combo as long as you build up a correct combo/method.

...well there's also that method that you speak of, but you could do much more with the system. Sadly I think there's still some complaint about it. Some said that corpse shell is too broken for that system or it just makes the game much, much easier when you understand how it works.

And no, I don't think there's sidestepping in xillia 1. I remembered my friend was overjoyed because of that in Xillia 2 He didn't use it much though in the end But yeah, there's backstepping in Xillia 1... pretty much a staple for Jude user

Old 2013-03-11, 05:23   Link #327
Kirayuki

Quote:
...well there's also that method that you speak of, but you could do much more with the system. Sadly I think there's still some complaint about it. Some said that corpse shell is too broken for that system or it just makes the game much, much easier when you understand how it works.
It certainly able to break the game, you only need to land a staggering hit then proceed with building the weakness gauge, after it reached the maximum possible number you continue with Corpse Shell(or you can include some Dual Hi-Ougi first before proceeding into CS). You can finish most of EX Giganto bosses on Unknown with single combo string.

But then again, you are not forced or required to exploit the feature . In the end the whole system is just an option. The lesser evil compared with what Xillia 1 did.

Quote:
And no, I don't think there's sidestepping in xillia 1. I remembered my friend was overjoyed because of that in Xillia 2 He didn't use it much though in the end But yeah, there's backstepping in Xillia 1... pretty much a staple for Jude user
There is a method for that in ToX 1 (if I interpreted that right), but you need to equip the skill for it first. In ToX 2, everybody can do that and the skill was removed. IIRC, the required input was slightly different too.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 06:29   Link #328
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
But then again, you are not forced or required to exploit the feature . In the end the whole system is just an option. The lesser evil compared with what Xillia 1 did.
Good thing that I noticed that after I almost finished my 2nd playthrough It's just when someone just finished translating skills that I noticed how Might Charge and weakness system works.
Quote:
There is a method for that in ToX 1 (if I interpreted that right), but you need to equip the skill for it first.
That's weird...I never saw that one skill. Then again, free run is still better in that game I think

Old 2013-03-19, 12:44   Link #329
SidVicious
Anime addict

Tales of Xillia - PS3 - English - Milla Battle Showcase

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=562cFe6rsc8

Tales of Xillia - PS3 - English - Jude Battle Showcase

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tjy-1DQA2g
Old 2013-03-19, 14:46   Link #330
Zakoo

Asbel close combat way of fighting was awesome, but Jude hand to hand feels even more badass, I'm so hyped, I want it so much, damn damn, with my level of japenese I could maybe play it now, but that would be a blaspheme for me to play a Tales of and not understanding the whole depth of the game.

What to dooooooooooooooo.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 06:21   Link #331
GDB

Milla still sounds a bit monotonic there, but better than the previous clip. Still going to wait to see how she handles actual cutscene dialogue before I make a final impression of her.
Old 2013-03-20, 08:35   Link #332
Accelolita_

Am I the only one annoyed that they changed Jude to Jyde in the German vesion?
I thought I could actually buy a game in Germany for once and now it seems I have to import again :I
Does anyone know if German DLC (if we get some) work on UK version of the game?
I'm not too knowledgeable about stuff like that :O

Also, anyone know where I can spam-complain about Jyde to the German publisher? =v=
Really, it's so annoying.
And yeah, yeah. I know "Jude" (Ju-de) is the German word for jew, but really, it's not even pronounced like his name this is such bullshit it hurts. Can't do Germany something right for once? They don't have to be surprised if they don't make money like that. It's their fault if people will import instead of buying it here.
Unless I can change my text to English or there's another way to get rid of "Jyde" I won't buy the German version :I

Germany, you have--once again--disappointed me so much.

Last edited by Accelolita_; 2013-03-20 at 08:48. Reason: typo
Accelolita_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 08:43   Link #333
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

you really that care to the point you import it?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 09:24   Link #334
Accelolita_

Yes, that y is an eyesore. And in my head it sounds totally different from Jude. I don't care what the real pronounciation would be, I would always hear it differently and I can't enjoy the game like that.

Also, I'm willing to pay money, then I want a game without changes, even if it's just a name.
I doubt anyone here would like it if their name got changed for some stupid reason :I
Accelolita_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 04:18   Link #335
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Tales producer teases “a lot of surprise announcements”

http://gematsu.com/2013/03/tales-pro...-announcements

Quote:
“We’re planning on making this a Tales of filled year,” said Baba on the PlayStation Blog, “so we have a lot of surprise announcements lined up — stay tuned!”
Old 2013-03-22, 05:50   Link #336
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Hopefully they're going to announce localization for vita tales series though.

Oh and I'm still hoping for Xillia 3

Old 2013-03-22, 08:38   Link #337
GDB

Quote:
Oh and I'm still hoping for Xillia 3
God no. As much as I love the cast, Xillia 2 was beyond forced and recycled. And the whole "three endings" thing kind of makes it a lot less likely they'll allow a sequel.

They have been heavily hinting at a possible Vesperia 2, though.
Old 2013-03-22, 15:51   Link #338
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
english version of PS3 Vesperia first before that please.

I hope the surprise includes a dual audio option for the next localization of a Tales of... game

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 21:13   Link #339
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
God no. As much as I love the cast, Xillia 2 was beyond forced and recycled. And the whole "three endings" thing kind of makes it a lot less likely they'll allow a sequel.

Vesperia was my very first Tales game and I would be very much okay with that

But at the same time, I'm also kinda wishing for another crossover game, or at the least freaking localized the ones they already have (=_=#)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
english version of PS3 Vesperia first before that please.

I hope the surprise includes a dual audio option for the next localization of a Tales of... game

Give it up, it's not going to happen for both of them
Old 2013-03-22, 21:18   Link #340
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

If they make a Vesperia 2, I do hope if it's localized it's a 360 exclusive again. That would at least be a much better reason for me not to play it aside from whatever reason Bamco decides to deny us North Americans the PS3 version.

I know practically nothing about that installment. It's a shame I can't play it due to poor company decisions.