AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-12, 16:34   Link #381
RivalNightmare

I really hope that awesome art book will follow, the shipping was pretty high for just a game so I think it'll be there.
RivalNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 07:55   Link #382
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by RivalNightmare View Post
I really hope that awesome art book will follow, the shipping was pretty high for just a game so I think it'll be there.
My friend in Japan actually just bought the game from the shop without preordering and it came with the booklet. So it would appear that all copies of the game include the booklet.

He also managed to get a poster for the game, which made me kinda jealous… (>_<)
Old 2012-08-13, 21:15   Link #383
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

If you guys are downloading stuff until your packages arrive beware of fakes

specially if you get a file on your bgm folder called 'naka.ogg' that plays every scene

now to wait till it arrives in the mail
Old 2012-08-14, 10:54   Link #384
RivalNightmare

Well, I got my Rose Guns Days today, and I got that awesome booklet with it. Now just to wait to for a translation, haha. But damn, this book is pretty awesome, shows all the characters in different states of drawing, facial expressions and battle pictures.
Old 2012-08-14, 11:07   Link #385
Vampe
Otaku Witch of Ubuntu

Also got my Rose Guns Days preorder today, hope we get a translation for the booklet like the pictures. was realy fast delivery they sent it friday and it arrived at my post office today (meaning 3 workdays to get it from Japan to Sweden).
Vampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 12:34   Link #386
RivalNightmare

Most be the same for us, as I also live in Sweden lol. I was really surprised at the very fast delivery.
Old 2012-08-14, 16:36   Link #387
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

I wasn't in a rush to get the game, so I just chose SAL shipping. Could be a couple of weeks, but I don't mind…
Old 2012-08-14, 17:45   Link #388
RivalNightmare

Well, the translation will be awhile, so it's nearly unnecessary to get it faster, unless you read Japanese. I just wanted it fast because... when I order something I will literally just sit and wait for it until it arrives and be bored all the time... yeah.
Old 2012-08-14, 22:42   Link #389
tantei okuoku
Mystery Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
I wasn't in a rush to get the game, so I just chose SAL shipping. Could be a couple of weeks, but I don't mind…
Ya I chose the lowest shipping option for the same reason. I ordered mine a little late I hope I still get the booklet though even if we don't get the translation for the booklet the character designs for this game are really nice looking for a lot of them.
tantei okuoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 04:38   Link #390
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantei okuoku View Post
Ya I chose the lowest shipping option for the same reason. I ordered mine a little late I hope I still get the booklet though even if we don't get the translation for the booklet the character designs for this game are really nice looking for a lot of them.
All current copies include the booklet. So unless you hold off until the next printing (maybe December or even next August), I'm sure you'll get it.
Old 2012-08-20, 11:14   Link #391
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Just read it this weekend and the story is good.
You can get some entertainment for some days with it.
Too bad it ends in a big cliffhanger
Can't wait for season 2!

I'm going to guess here that that Madam 'Gianna' (?) is Claudia, who takes Rose's place after she dies. It'd be too boring if she's a random person that came out of nowhere, or a character that only appears on season 2.

And there's even Witch Hunt in the credits!!!! Good job guys!
Did you translate the english lines of the american military, or just the PV?

That being said, I just hope it's not 8 parts, like Umineko. I don't know if the story can hold so long. Maybe 3 or 4 parts are enough (or even 2, whatever).

I recommend to give it a shot
Old 2012-08-26, 08:49   Link #392
yuugi99

The game has been out for two weeks and I don't see much discussion. Has ryukishi's work lost its hype?

Nevertheless couldn't wait for it to be translated.
yuugi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 09:01   Link #393
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Just wait for it to be translated. Most people can't read moonrunes so discussion will spark when the patch is finished.

The trial had a good deal of discussion because the english patch was released the same day as the demo, so for now we have to wait.
GabrieliosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 09:02   Link #394
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

I got it but haven't got the chance to read it yet -- huge backlog + exams coming up, I may just wait for Witch-Hunt's patch. The booklet is really nice and pretty long though.
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 09:00   Link #395
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuugi99 View Post
The game has been out for two weeks and I don't see much discussion. Has ryukishi's work lost its hype?

Nevertheless couldn't wait for it to be translated.
Not trying to bash, but it's like I said in a previous post.
If it was a mystery, many people who can read japanese would be discussing it already. I remember many Higurashi fans discussing Umineko EP1 when it came out.

The plot is very interesting, but everything is pretty straightforward.
Old 2012-08-27, 09:08   Link #396
yuugi99

After the ending fiesta of Umineko, I don't think Ryukishi will create another mystery story so soon.

How good is the story compared to lets say the 1st episode of Umineko or Higurashi?
yuugi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 09:51   Link #397
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Can I ask one question? The protagonis seems to have superpower body in contrast of his slim build... does the story delve deeper into the reason why he's like that or does the story brush it off like it's nothing important?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 10:00   Link #398
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

The protagonist Leo is said to have martial arts knowledge since childhood, and was an instructor in the military during the war. From what I remember, that's about it.

As for comparison with Higurashi-Umineko, I think it doesn't apply at all. Too different. (I liked higurashi-umineko more, but it's only a matter of taste, though)

I found myself eager to know what happens next, and how the troubles get solved. It's good entertainment.
Old 2012-08-27, 17:21   Link #399
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Am I the only one who thinks this is a little.... naive compared to Higurashi or Umineko? I know, it takes place in a brothel and all, but the storyline with the tough protagonist beating up bad guys is what I'm actually talking about. It seems a little too simple, not what I'd expect from Ryukishi. But then again, there's always many interesting things this time too, like, who is that old lady gangster, and why did Rose want her name to remain unknwown e.t.c.

Other than that, the demo was really fun. And it has some very amiable characters, I found myself liking many of them, so I wonder how they're going to develop later on. We'll just have to wait until Witch Hunt's patch. I have very high hopes for this.

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 20:05   Link #400
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I really don't think judging RGD solely with the demo is a good idea, especially it is just the tip of the iceberg.
If we were to consider its length, it would be like Onikakushi without reaching the unsettling part yet, so you would only have some fluffy stuff, same for Umineko. 2h isn't even enough to reach the familiy dinner and the letter scene, so arguably nowhere close to reach the "serious stuff".

At most, the demo gives a good job in introducing the main characters, giving the mood to some extent, and providing a good sample of the OST. Aside, calling it naive is frankly hasty by a long shot.

Tags
ryukishi07, spoiler, visual novel