AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-04-09, 03:43   Link #201
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

The reveal build lighting system didn't make it into the retail build after all even for the PC version. It's been hilarious reading all the internet crazies comment on it but end of the day, there's only so much money and time to go around developing a piece of software. Personally, i think it's such a huge waste to boycott a game such as Dark Souls 2 just because the lighting wasn't as good as originally revealed.

Anyway, nothing mind blowing in the PC port from what I've seen so far. Native high res and 60 fps with mouse support.
Old 2014-04-09, 08:22   Link #202
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
The reveal build lighting system didn't make it into the retail build after all even for the PC version. It's been hilarious reading all the internet crazies comment on it but end of the day, there's only so much money and time to go around developing a piece of software. Personally, i think it's such a huge waste to boycott a game such as Dark Souls 2 just because the lighting wasn't as good as originally revealed.

Anyway, nothing mind blowing in the PC port from what I've seen so far. Native high res and 60 fps with mouse support.
People are boycotting ds2 because of lighting? What the hell
Old 2014-04-09, 11:14   Link #203
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

They want the exact same game as the last one but with better graphics.

Sounds familiar doesn't it? Dark Souls is definitely a 'mainstream' game now lol.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 12:18   Link #204
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Sad, I am a PC gamer and I am grateful for whatever extra options we get. Now a days its not likely to get these options in many PC ports. The modding community will add more to it anyway.
Old 2014-04-09, 14:22   Link #205
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
At least it can run up to 1440p, so it's definitely better looking than consoles.
Textures and lighting may be pretty meh though.
Old 2014-04-10, 01:23   Link #206
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Hell yeah, rocking the full Alonne Knight Captain set

...Farming the chest piece was a nightmare OTL
Old 2014-04-10, 08:23   Link #207
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3xXtdg6tN0
Old 2014-04-22, 03:19   Link #208
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Old 2014-04-22, 22:26   Link #209
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hell yeah, rocking the full Alonne Knight Captain set

...Farming the chest piece was a nightmare OTL
For me it was simply the leg pieces. I literally got 3 chest pieces, 4 helmets, and 5 gauntlets before I got 1 legging.
Old 2014-04-23, 00:25   Link #210
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I didn't get a second Blacksteel Katana though... I heard Drangelic Castle would have more knights there so I guess I'll progress till there.

Straight swords and greatswords are starting to feel generic now... I'm thinking of switching to "Curved Swords... CURVED. Swords!".

Either a Murakumo or dual wield falchions (Yes I'm confident in my dodging skills now) or both. Are the Curved greatswords as fast as a normal greatsword, or are they more like the Ultras?
Old 2014-04-23, 12:18   Link #211
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Just wait till you get Moonlight Greatsword, which is possible in FG, just use a bonfire estitc at the spider boss bonfire.
Old 2014-04-23, 13:40   Link #212
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Just wait till you get Moonlight Greatsword, which is possible in FG, just use a bonfire estitc at the spider boss bonfire.
I have currently have three characters in Brightstone Cove:

Altrius (Quality-Pyroish): Have been using the Drangelic sword to great effect since the beginning but because of that I'm now sort of bored with greatswords. Literally just got to Ornifex and bought the Murakumo. I knew about the new mechanic where you have to manually aim your ultra greatsword's swing, but I didn't think it would be this hard to kick the habit of moving backwards while attacking lol. I'm hesitating whether I would want to gamble my upgrade mats with it and fire infuse it.

Albion (Archdrake-FTH): Planning on going full Archdrake gear, no problems so far. Currently using the Dragonslaying Axe with Lightning infuse. Infusing Archdrake Mace with fire for variety and probably getting Thorned Greatsword.

Albireo (Spellsword-INT): The most troublesome build, currently using the Dragonrider Halberd as a main weapon because of the magic damage, not planning on using bonfire Aestics yet so MLGS is out of the question. Looking for Faintstone to infuse my Katana, and because I'm using the Black Set and planning on using the Staff of Wisdom and maybe even a blue flame, I need a ton of Twinkling to fuel my gear >_>
Old 2014-04-23, 13:50   Link #213
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Looking for Faintstone to infuse my Katana
Just wait till you get the king's ring. The Chloanne will sell all forms of elemental stones (several of them).
Old 2014-04-23, 13:57   Link #214
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Just wait till you get the king's ring. The Chloanne will sell all forms of elemental stones (several of them).
I read the wiki that I could get one in the Doors of Pharros?
Old 2014-04-25, 06:28   Link #215
ZerothBastion
Edogawa Conan, Tantei-sa

Dual-wielding Blue flame appears to be popular since you can buff one sword with the other and have a fairly high damage output. However requires lots of Twinkling
ZerothBastion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 11:27   Link #216
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Sorcery build is all manners of expensive.

The best staff is twinkling, blue flame is twinkling, black set from Straid is twinkling, early magic weapons are boss weapon (which means dragon bone) except for a magic mace, faintstones nowhere to be found...>_>

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2014-04-25 at 11:49.
Old 2014-04-25, 15:42   Link #217
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Man, am I having trouble in the beginning of this game. Way too many stupid deaths.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 22:25   Link #218
com_gwp

Wow, pursuer is one heck of a difficulty wall. It seemed like the game really only started after managing to beat him.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 23:08   Link #219
Xacual

I haven't been able to really sit down and play much of it yet but from my 30 minutes I had to spare I had a ton of difficulty with simple stuff. I'm not sure what it is but the controls feel sluggish. I think I died like 15 times fighting those big monsters in the tutorial area before I had to turn off the game. Not sure what it was but I never had that much problem dodging stuff in DaS1, especially not when they're that slow but damn I kept getting pounded by those things.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 00:12   Link #220
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I haven't been able to really sit down and play much of it yet but from my 30 minutes I had to spare I had a ton of difficulty with simple stuff. I'm not sure what it is but the controls feel sluggish. I think I died like 15 times fighting those big monsters in the tutorial area before I had to turn off the game. Not sure what it was but I never had that much problem dodging stuff in DaS1, especially not when they're that slow but damn I kept getting pounded by those things.
Trust me when I say this- I know exactly what you mean because I felt the same thing as well in the beginning. That's why I can assure you that its only for a short while, after the first area you'll soon be as nimble as the fox you were from before.

EDIT:

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2014-04-26 at 01:52.