AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 53 39.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 21.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 15.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 5.19%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.48%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.74%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.48%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.74%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 8.15%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-13, 20:16   Link #161
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post
I just watched the episode subbed, and I was wrong about one thing. It doesn't look like L-Elf rigged the polls. Shoko did win just by saying that they'd have a festival when they got to the moon. Although this kind of makes it worse. Why would you chose that over someone who actually took the time to plan out their futures and actually thinks about their safety? Now I won't feel bad for them if they all die because of their immaturity.
That would contribute big time to a Shoko breakdown.
Old 2013-06-13, 20:17   Link #162
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Pointless as Haruto has been a Vampire longer and was in full on rage mode, no way she would have stopped him in that state. He was also kinda holding her down too.
Except we saw her stop him just this very episode (and in episode 3). She gave in probably due to some horribly inane thought that this is the only way she can have a special relationship with him. I don't blame her but I do blame the writers if we're meant to take away something positive from her decision.

I'm going to assume the quote about her being a "good girl" was referring to her covering for him with Takahi.
Old 2013-06-13, 20:18   Link #163
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
I just watched the episode subbed, and I was wrong about one thing. It doesn't look like L-Elf rigged the polls. Shoko did win just by saying that they'd have a festival when they got to the moon. Although this kind of makes it worse. Why would you chose that over someone who actually took the time to plan out their futures and actually thinks about their safety? Now I won't feel bad for them if they all die because of their immaturity.
Because her passion speaks out to the crowd and convinces them that her heart is what they need to carry on with their lives and bring up the spirits of the new colony.
Do note that I absolutely do not believe a word I just said.
Old 2013-06-13, 20:20   Link #164
Sakuratsuki

Saki is not to blame for anything that happend. Watched the episode again. She can't be blamed for anything here.

If it wasn't for Saki, he would have raped sombody else. Like in the elevator. If this anime ends in a ooo Shoko we can finaly be together and Saki gets a bad end. I will be pissed!!!
Old 2013-06-13, 20:21   Link #165
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
Hahaha, found this on 4-chan:

President provides methods to be sustainable and survive
Shokoloko wants to have a School Festival when they get to the moon.
She Wins

How retarded can this anime get?
Personal charisma wins over empty promises. If Satomi had any sense he would've emphasized what he's actually accomplished. Hell maybe he did but then if it turns out that Shoko is some kind of Siren I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 2013-06-13, 20:21   Link #166
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
Except we saw her stop him just this very episode (and in episode 3). She gave in probably due to some horribly inane thought that this is the only way she can have a special relationship with him. I don't blame her but I do blame the writers if we're meant to take away something positive from her decision.
Saki did say that it's useless for him to be with a human while he's a "holy spirit", so what you said about her doing this just to have a special relationship with him does make sense.
Old 2013-06-13, 20:25   Link #167
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Spoiler:
I was thinking that line is going to be hilariously ironic when it turns out that 200 years later Haruto is still in love with Shoko (dead or alive).
Old 2013-06-13, 20:25   Link #168
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Please don't try to justifice what Shoko said. Come one man. Can you get more retarded than that if you say LETS US HAVE A SCHOOLFESTIVAL!!!
Read the second line. It tells you what I think about the first line I wrote. ==
On another note, this show needs more Akira. She has a lot of potential as a character.
Old 2013-06-13, 20:25   Link #169
iCK

Like everyone is saying, Shoko is indeed a bad leader. The current president would make a better one. I do feel for Shoko though, everything is building up for her just to be torn down ruthlessly.
Old 2013-06-13, 20:25   Link #170
queenSwild

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
Because her passion speaks out to the crowd and convinces them that her heart is what they need to carry on with their lives and bring up the spirits of the new colony.
Do note that I absolutely do not believe a word I just said.
I almost face palmed, but I stopped when I read that last line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
That would contribute big time to a Shoko breakdown.
Yup. And I can't wait to see them fall. Out of all the normal students I hope that Satomi (although this is unlikely) and Akira will survive. He doesn't deserve anymore suffering and Akira had nothing to do with the voting process.
Old 2013-06-13, 20:25   Link #171
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Personal charisma wins over empty promises. If Satomi had any sense he would emphasized what he's actually accomplished. Hell maybe he did but then if it turns out that Shoko is some kind o Siren I wouldn't be surprised.
Personal Charisma?

This is a war in space. She is not talking about war, about food, water supply etc?

Yes very logical indeed just shout SCHOOL FESTIVALLL!!!. Try that in real life. You will know what happens...... you will be raped (just like saki)
Old 2013-06-13, 20:27   Link #172
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
Read the second line. It tells you what I think about the first line I wrote. ==
You are right, ahahahah, sorry man

EDIT: deleted the message. ahahah, for a second i thought you lost it there ahahaha
Old 2013-06-13, 20:30   Link #173
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

When I saw that scene all I could say was "Um, Satomi has actually has a plan. And experience. Come on Valvrave." She essentially won by using her charisma, cheerfulness and pandering to the crowd. Can't wait to see how bad this gets.

Get your popcorn ready folks, this is gonna be good.
Old 2013-06-13, 20:32   Link #174
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Well, that was one painful ending.
Old 2013-06-13, 20:33   Link #175
~BC~

Quote:
Personal Charisma?

In a war in space. Not talking about war, about food, water etc?

Yes very logical indeed just shout SCHOOL FESTIVALLL. Try that in real life. You will know what will happen
The scene definitely could've been written better but that's what I felt was the jist of it. Satomi was just throwing out numbers and statistics. Meanwhile Shoko had a lot of actual personal encounters ("hey remember when we..." and "that time we...") as a means of appealing to her voters. Hell, it really was more of a popularity contest than a political campaign.
Old 2013-06-13, 20:34   Link #176
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Well I just watched the episode. At least they had exposition in the beginning. As for the big scene.... You know what? I can't call it rape, or at least by the normal definition. Would skeptical be the proper word?
Spoiler for Do I have to explain?:

And Shoko opens up to Akira while stealing her food, why not just steal the poor hermit's food why don't ya?
Old 2013-06-13, 20:35   Link #177
Enjou

Quote:
Personal Charisma?

In a war in space. Not talking about war, about food, water etc?

Yes very logical indeed just shout SCHOOL FESTIVALLL. Try that in real life. You will know what will happen
With a bunch of high school students as the electorate? Given what we seen in real elections I could see it actually working. Most people aren't logical, and emotional appeals are pretty strong. Consider also they apparently held the vote immediately after the debate - no time to actually sit down and think about the long term, just the heat of the moment to go on... it makes you want to get in a Valvrave and push the Yes button.
Old 2013-06-13, 20:38   Link #178
Destined_Fate

Quote:

I'm going to assume the quote about her being a "good girl" was referring to her covering for him with Takahi.
He wasn't holding her down and completely in rage upon her than. She was alone, isolated, and he got the jump on her and had her on the ground. She was obviously panicking but later accepted it because she knows this isn't Haruto and that unless those urges get dealt with it will only get worse which would be very bad if it happened to someone else that doesn't know the Vampire stuff.
Old 2013-06-13, 20:39   Link #179
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Now for a better answer, I believe that the polls weren't rigged due to L-elf being aware of Shouko's popularity as opposed to Satomi and didn't feel the need to take the extra effort to rig them. I believe that Shouko's personality relies on her emotions as a strength but I think it is also her greatest weakness and L-elf will use that to his advantage now that Saki and Haruto have become "one" so to speak.
To the populace of the colony, Shouko is represented as a symbol of independence and has charisma which has affected the entire populace. Plus due to her honesty and having to deal with Moses before, they want to follow her.
As the saying goes "Its better to swear fealty to a honest fool than a lying scholar."-Eldest
On another note, OS-tan is yandere, I call it.
Old 2013-06-13, 20:42   Link #180
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
He wasn't holding her down and completely in rage upon her than. She was alone, isolated, and he got the jump on her and had her on the ground. She was obviously panicking but later accepted it because she knows this isn't Haruto and that unless those urges get dealt with it will only get worse which would be very bad if it happened to someone else that doesn't know the Vampire stuff.
About the accepting it part. Looking again at her face expression at the end. She looked more like: SHE HAD LOST IT to me

EDIT: Looks like our OS-tan is not that cute anymore ahahahah. What the hell did she say when Haruto and saki were busy?
Closed Thread