AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2016-11-09, 03:24   Link #1721
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

To be fair, Hillary is almost guaranteed to win the popular vote at this point. Donald does not reflect the views of a majority of Americans. He won the game that is the electoral college.
Old 2016-11-09, 03:24   Link #1722
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
SYou only have yourselves to blame.
Just to make this clear. I'm not american and I don't live in the USA

But we in the rets of the world are truly shocked a reality show host is now the president of the United States of America.
Old 2016-11-09, 03:26   Link #1723
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Donald Trump is what the majority of American voters considers the best possible representative for themselves.

There are Donald Trumps in every country, but only Americans would vote him into power. Trump is boarderline innocent here, he isn't even pretending to be what he isn't. He is only PotUS because Americans really think this is a good idea. Much like with the current leader of the Philippines.

The people have spoken. We don't have to like it, that's how democracy works.
To be fair to Duterte he's actually trying to fix the country. What Trump will eventually do to the US of A remains to be seen.
Old 2016-11-09, 03:27   Link #1724
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
I'm not a Trump supporter, but a lot of those "liberals" (I consider myself on the Left) are bullies. If you openly support Trump, they will bully you.

Naturally, people won't say it openly that they support Trump.

They accuse you of everything... that they are doing themselves.
Cannot be any more true. I live in Southern Cali, I am a millennial myself, and work in healthcare. I'd say about 90% of my coworkers and friends around my age were against Trump. I'm a quiet guy myself and keep politics to a minimum but am willing to answer if one asks me who I voted for. Few nights ago, my colleagues and I were chillin at work the dread daylight's saving night shift and one asked me who I voted for. Told him I voted for Trump. All hell came loose. Haha, not really, but it was just a nice casual talk about both sides, but it was basically everyone against me. It wasn't heated at all and we all respect each other, but if this was with a group of randoms. I probably would be cowering in fear.

A friend of mine posted a meaningful post on FB. "Half of the country is going to be upset every election. That's life. Move on." Half the country despises Trump, but the other half does not. Doesn't that say something about the opposing party's candidate? Food for thought.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
Old 2016-11-09, 03:31   Link #1725
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Now allow me to post something some of you wouldn't have believed when this video was published:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
GANBARIMASU
Old 2016-11-09, 03:33   Link #1726
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
On that note somebody yelled Kill Obama during Trump's speech.

I hope Michelle Obama will show up in 4 years, and have the electorate show the middle finger to people like that nobody some night in November 2020.
Old 2016-11-09, 03:35   Link #1727
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
To be fair, Hillary is almost guaranteed to win the popular vote at this point. Donald does not reflect the views of a majority of Americans. He won the game that is the electoral college.
Perhaps, though that is not reflected currently as Trump is still ahead in the popular vote as well.
Old 2016-11-09, 03:37   Link #1728
sasoras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma Kousaka View Post
Now allow me to post something some of you wouldn't have believed when this video was published:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
The only people who refuse to believe this are the average hillary supporters, the trump, bernie, and third party supporters also knew about it.

I was told once, that it was a conspiracy by the republicans, I could not face palm hard enough. Literally they were the only group that had a giant echo chamber, and bubble they lived in compared to everyone else.

They took in mass media talking points as fact creating a dense bubble, when reality finally hit them with a brick it was far too late, and the general election was over.
Old 2016-11-09, 03:41   Link #1729
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

I am not From America. But just some time ago. The news reported that white house is in dark (as in all lights were turned off). True? If yes why?
Old 2016-11-09, 03:42   Link #1730
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post

I hope Michelle Obama will show up in 4 years, and have the electorate show the middle finger to people like that nobody some night in November 2020.
She better have the charisma of Barrack and a better argument than "I'm a woman". Because as shown tonight, it was not going to cut it.

Also divorce from identity politics entirely, bury them, burn them, forget them. That shit is needlessly divisive for a country that need to be united.
Old 2016-11-09, 03:42   Link #1731
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So my reaction over the results.

I can officially declare 2016 was a messed up year where great musicians like Prince and David Bowie died, the UK voted for Brexit, Turkey is getting closer to be ruled by a whiny Dictator, a foul mouthed Filipino who has a "Kill All Criminals" policy is Philippines new President, people getting more racist and finally......this happened. The only good thing about this year is that IS will fall soon and might never return to it's height of power.

The only thing i can hope is that he wasn't serious with all the things he said like building the Wall or banning Muslims or....... this is nothing but a stretch but strange things can happen, his policies make him so unpopular and unlikeable to the point his allies and supporters abandon him, that the House of Representatives might Impeach him for whatever it is he did and have Pence as President.

Well whatever happens, the next 4 years are going to be a unique time. Now excuse me while i go slowly poison my health with fast food.
Old 2016-11-09, 03:50   Link #1732
sasoras

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post

If I remembering polling correctly the most popular politicians during the DNC convention was.

1)Michelle obama
2)Chelsea clinton
3)Bernie Sander

Only one of those 3 was a politician.
Old 2016-11-09, 03:51   Link #1733
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

My savings are worth 11% less than they were before this whole elections thing started (and I'm not even in the US!!!)... and I have this feeling that my moneys value is just going to keep dropping
On other fronts, I thought Brexit was probably gonna be the stupidiest move taken by a country in 2016, and the US just proved me wrong...
------
Quote:
this is nothing but a stretch but strange things can happen, his policies make him so unpopular and unlikeable to the point his allies and supporters abandon him, that the House of Representatives might Impeach him for whatever it is he did and have Pence as President.
It took a literal crime to get tricky Dick to leave his seat, you aint gonna see no more presidents getting sacked, not in this lifetime anyway
Old 2016-11-09, 03:55   Link #1734
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I just wonder if the dems will deliver retribution with filibustering to the republicans for all they did to destroy this country in recent years. It was a great strategy. Make government not function, then blame the administration for their failure. Perhaps we should try to make Trump a 1 term president like they tried for Obama

Uncertain times.
Old 2016-11-09, 03:55   Link #1735
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
She better have the charisma of Barrack and a better argument than "I'm a woman". Because as shown tonight, it was not going to cut it.

Also divorce from identity politics entirely, bury them, burn them, forget them. That shit is needlessly divisive for a country that need to be united.
If Michelle's speech at the DNC is indicative of something, I think she will be fine. And that's not saying the other good moments she pulled on the campaign trail.

And with all due respect, the white (and predominantly male and uneducated) electorate created the divide that led to this. If they don't understand what has been said for years about creating jobs that are looking at the future, not looking back at something that will never come back, but aiming to be state-of-the-art, is there any reason why they would deserve any sympathy when they hinder progress? Japanese people understood long ago about the need to be consistently more modern in the way things are built and made.

Hubris and nostalgia for some will always be a major hurdle for any form of progress.
Old 2016-11-09, 03:56   Link #1736
Pen3

If Hillary won, she might eventually end up like the South Korean female president.
Old 2016-11-09, 03:56   Link #1737
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
As I put on Facebook: America has to sleep in the bed it made.

Now, I'm Independent myself, but was a hard Bernie supporter... almost to a Bernie or Bust level. But, I get some small victories. First... THE TPP IS ALL BUT DEAD!!!! Yes, that seriously was a HUGE issue to me. Second victory: I live in a HEAVILY Republican area (remember the power of small towns? This is proof), and so it'll be nice to hear them stop complaining about Obamacare and guns for the next four years. I also believe in balance... so it's time for the Democrats to get shat upon and be told why Trump Will be Awesome (please note I do not agree with this myself)

Otherwise, we're seeing 8 years of accumilation of the following: Obamacare, guns getting restricted, tax hikes- at which point I should mention, it seems people LOVE their guns and money- a political system getting more and more bought out by those with money, and for the cherry on top... well, years ago it it was prophesized that one day, it would be the minority groups who became the majority. Apparently White People In Power want to stay In Power and the Majority. After all, let's be honest here folks- it was White people who founded what we now call the United States of America, and they don't want to hand it over to anyone.

Agin, I'm a single, white, working-class male... other than what happens with the economy, i don't think I'll get too much affected. And I already survived the Recession.

Also, the most fitting song for today, and this year: It's the End of The World As We Know It. However, I'm not sure I feel fine...

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2016-11-09, 03:57   Link #1738
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

The working class whites just voted for policies that will hurt them the most in this country. I can promise you I will have NO sympathy for these bigots and idiots when they reap the rewards of an economy in free fall.
Old 2016-11-09, 04:00   Link #1739
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Since Alaska and Arizona will likely side with Trump Electorally, that gives him a minimum of 290 with Michigan being the last probably state to go that way for 306 to Clintons 232.

That is a lot different than what was being predicted even six days ago.
Exactly why I said that the polls cannot be trusted as they take into account much smaller number of people than it can realistically vote. This election sums this up perfectly - average polling number was 1.500 in a country with 200+ million potential voters, with that much open space of course it will be wrong.

The only polls that can be trusted are those who take into account only data regarding something that is finished, without muhc improved system and muhc bigger coverage of population you cannot use them to safely predict something anymore.
Old 2016-11-09, 04:00   Link #1740
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

So rn the republican party is in control of the senate, the house of representatives, majority of the governors and the president...