AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-12-21, 15:46   Link #21
JediNight
キズランダム

Looks nice, moe overload for sure =D

I can't help but get this creepy feeling though, when seeing the intentionally ero/latently yuri shots of looks to be 8-10 year olds in the PV... Too many visions of creepy old men otaku in Japan (and elsewhere I guess) ogling them in a "not right" way -_-;;
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-01, 01:08   Link #22
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post
This should be good, been waiting for more insanity from ufotable--there are PVs up now, the animation looks decent and omega cute:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9067Vyf3Z8

It's too cute for words! Loved the music. The fourth PV seemed a little "sad" like somethings not quite right there. Definitely on my watch list.
Old 2007-01-01, 04:05   Link #23
Kensuke

Wow, impressed by those "PV's" alone. I will definitely watch this.

Newtype scan, original was posted by vita of moe.imouto.org.

Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 14:21   Link #24
Zhemos

I wonder if the anime will have the same animation as the PV's

We all know what happened with Disgaea last year, boy was that a let down.
Zhemos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 03:15   Link #25
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

A Ufotable series eh...

Well I hope it won't end up semi-ruined like some of their past works, animation-wise. *crosses fingers*
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 12:40   Link #26
eggplant
Eggplant

Just saw Episode 1.
Spoiler for Episode 1:

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 13:29   Link #27
Woland
Latin Rascal

Kujian? If there's no an typical and useless male protagonist I'll be fine ^_^

I like Ufotable high quality animation since Dokkoida (I can't tell for Coyote 'cause I dropped that "thing" after few episode) so this it's one of my pick for the season (with Nodame Cantabile an Hidamari Sketch).

At the beginning I was expecting something similar ti "Azumanga Daiho" with the usual style Ufotable (the style remember me a little 2x2 Shinobuden) but judging from the recent promos I've seen I wasn't totally right.
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 14:50   Link #28
hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler for ep1:
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 15:49   Link #29
Omniscient

Episode 01 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:

Last edited by Omniscient; 2007-01-07 at 20:52.
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 16:22   Link #30
cyth
Banned

Watched episode 01:
Spoiler:

Last edited by cyth; 2007-01-07 at 17:31.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 19:04   Link #31
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post
Just saw Episode 1.
Spoiler for Episode 1:
I kind of want to see this Ending sequence with the claymation. I remember the Overman King Gainer eyecatch being this cool claymation buildup of the Overman. Still if I had any idea what this show was about other than the obvious attempt to bait people into watching it with Loli character designs (Goddamn you industry for abusing one of my weak points to try and make me watch what I know I probably won't like. These days I fly by the seat of my pants in deciding what shows too watch based on either mecha/action/sci-fi epic and/or the aforementioned cliche with about a 25% success rate in finding something interesting) and the usual suspects doing the voices, I would be far more interested.

Man its hard finding my footing now that I've moved into the 20th century anime scene a bit more. I honestly know jack all about most of this stuff, it's like I stepped into an entirely different world with a different set of beliefs. There the wall came down once and for all and on this thread of all places. I'm really freaking confused these days. Sometimes I feel like compromising my 80's/90's beliefs and taking a step forward, and other times I get really frustrated and discontented with what I see these days.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 19:10   Link #32
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
LOL! 1 word to describe this ep ~ "kawaii" ^__^

well amamiya manami...she came...she made everyone's jaw drop ~ and coincidentaly when ever she said her anme i am remainded of a certain "crazy" missy called suzumiya haruhi (and they both ryme O.o) ~ act of god?

besides the craziness and plot that flew over my head (some wat) id say its pretty interesting given the start ~
Spoiler:

on a side note ive noticed that they seem to be wearing nail varnish O.o
and before anyone nabs her ~ i call dibs on Etou Mei!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 19:32   Link #33
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Man its hard finding my footing now that I've moved into the 20th century anime scene a bit more. I honestly know jack all about most of this stuff, it's like I stepped into an entirely different world with a different set of beliefs. There the wall came down once and for all and on this thread of all places. I'm really freaking confused these days. Sometimes I feel like compromising my 80's/90's beliefs and taking a step forward, and other times I get really frustrated and discontented with what I see these days.
You're probably thinking a bit too much. Who friggen cares what genre a show is, what other people think about it, whether it's part of the 80s, 90s, 21st century (20th century was 1900s ), or whatever. Just enjoy the show. Go along for the ride. And if you don't enjoy the ride, get off. These boards give this illusion that there's a way of "fitting in" to some modern anime crowd, but that's just a joke. Fitting in doesn't matter; enjoying what you like is what matters. So, (in my opinion of course) just watch what you like, dump what you don't, and feel good about it either way. And if other people here or elsewhere disagree, then tough. As they say, life's too short.

As for this show...
Spoiler for Episode 1:
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 21:46   Link #34
mintyfresh
Altoid

This actually turned out better than I expected (I...think I have a problem going into shows expecting them to suck..). I actually had higher hopes for the Megumi Hayashibara songs this show boasts having, which was really the main thing that let me down (one being so-so, the other not even airing. )

And am I really alone in
Spoiler:

Other than that, Ai Nonoka and Aya Hirano were good cast choices, but very easily recognizable. There were times during Mikan's monologues that I was just expecting to hear her say "gakkyuiin Ichijou desu"..

...though maybe that's just me..
mintyfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 22:52   Link #35
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Well, frankly I'm tired of defending simply cute little series just because certain drooling contingents see things ... makes me wonder how a shoe fetishist can stand shoe stores... just open and exposed in broad daylight.

The show looks cute, might be funny, we'll watch a few eps and see.
Old 2007-01-07, 23:51   Link #36
JediNight
キズランダム

It's my impression, that like a lot of shows these days, most of it is innocent moe fun. But from what I've seen they throw in a bit of the fanservice camera angles that give it a slight "eww..." feeling in the head if you think about what age the characters are.

EDIT: Oh sweet, I knew I recognized the name Ai Nonaka from somewhere -- she did the voice for Shima (Shipon) from Stellvia, one of my favorite series. W00t

Last edited by JediNight; 2007-01-08 at 01:15.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 04:55   Link #37
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

You know, moe and kawaii seem to be the most used words in describing this show, so... am I the only one expecting sob stories in the future? I am basing this on the PVs that were released before the début of the show.

Some of the PVs were cheerful, while some were depressing. I am expecting pathos in this anime series, and I hope I have not been deceived by the PVs.

PV-3: So chirpy... until the ending scene that show a town being blown to kingdom come, while the BGM changes to a slow piano BGM.

PV-4: Utterly depressing, with a BGM that sounds suspiciously like remixed ARIA BGM.

PV-5: Just plain quirky.

Hale, reading the anime summary make it seem depressing. Also, I am fairly convinced that the later part of the season will have them grown up.

Narf.

Last edited by Skane; 2007-01-29 at 00:56.
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 05:08   Link #38
Lunacy

I personally think this anime has much more potential than I had expected. The first episode was very fluid and cute.

Spoiler:

Otherwise, its kawaii to the 11th power and I look forward to checking out more.
Lunacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 05:38   Link #39
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Jinsoo Send a message via MSN to Jinsoo
TIME PARADOX! Manami might as well be Jesus since Haruhi's God xD; Seriously, Manami gives me that Haruhi vibe o .o

Spoiler:

Last edited by Jinsoo; 2007-01-09 at 00:14.
Jinsoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 13:03   Link #40
froinlaven
Wanchu!

This anime is waaaayyyyyy too cute. The animation is really great too. If the story turns out to be interesting, I'll be completely sold. More wacky hijinks for the win!

Full impressions here.
froinlaven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, school life, seinen, ufotable