AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-11, 09:11   Link #1081
ookamigirl

Yuuko's memories finally revealed.
We got to learn some more about the epidemic at the time.
OMG, Yuuko was a sacrifice to end the epidemic, so cruel and unfair.
I was amazed by the fact how kindhearted she was.
Shadow Yuuko was born right while Yuuko was dying.
I she forgave it all, she'd probably ascend from being a ghost.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 10:02   Link #1082
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Nothing like being made to watch a train about to wreck, from the front seat, when you knew what was going to happen already.

This was an exquisitely directed episode, and I expected nothing less from such an important one.

Now, something curious I noticed. When Teiichi was in ghost form mimicking Yuuko's movements in the interim, he was not in his current age, but of a young boy. That's quite odd, considering that both he and Yuuko would be of the same age in the memory. He should've stay as his current age and not turn into a child.

I'm sure this is another clue to the puzzle we are all dying to solve...

(Get it? Dying? )
Old 2012-06-11, 10:11   Link #1083
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a gut wrenching episode. It's already bad enough that Yuuko was arbitrarily sacrificed, those bastards couldn't even grant her a quick death and instead made her suffer horribly for days. How cruel. I can't blame her for going mad in her final moments.

Aside from those tragic events, Teiichi got to see a few nice things as well. More specifically, Yuuko and Yukariko's naked bodies. Way to go, kid.
Old 2012-06-11, 10:11   Link #1084
Ray
Garnet

That.. was just heart wrenching. What a horrible way to go; nobody should have to suffer like that. It just goes to show how screwed up humanity can be.

So the main reason Yuuko became a ghost was because of her shadow self, and that mirror?

I'm expecting the penultimate episode to be all about Teiichi trying to get Yuuko and Shadow Yuuko to become one (and possibly succeeding), and I expect the final episode to be a bittersweet farewell.. or . . . something happier. As pointless/stupid as it may be, I just can't help it; I am a hopeless romantic, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Now, something curious I noticed. When Teiichi was in ghost form mimicking Yuuko's movements in the interim, he was not in his current age, but of a young boy. That's quite odd, considering that both he and Yuuko would be of the same age in the memory. He should've stay as his current age and not turn into a child.

I'm sure this is another clue to the puzzle we are all dying to solve...

(Get it? Dying? )
I was wondering about that myself. Hopefully it'll be explained in the next episode..

Oh, you. I shouldn't have found that funny. But I did. >>
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 10:26   Link #1085
sikvod00

Geez. The anime really wanted to hit the point home that the village elders were just scared, stupid leaders. Those voice actors were doing some of the most annoying, stereotypical impressions of crazy old geezers. At least compared to other anime with "old wise people" in it. I expected one of them to yell out "Thar's gold in them thar hills!".
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 10:35   Link #1086
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
Geez. The anime really wanted to hit the point home that the village elders were just scared, stupid leaders. Those voice actors were doing some of the most annoying, stereotypical impressions of crazy old geezers. At least compared to other anime with "old wise people" in it. I expected one of them to yell out "Thar's gold in them thar hills!".
It hit harder than an indestructible Revolving Stake being fired with an exploding matter-antimatter cartridge.
Old 2012-06-11, 11:39   Link #1087
flack

The old people are seriously retarded. They are already sick and will die anyways yet they still made the sacrifice to save themselves? wtf?

Don't think they had families that aren't dead already.
flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 12:03   Link #1088
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

"The gods won't be appeased with an old sacrifice! It must be a young one!"
Suuuuuure it has...it has nothing to do with he fact that you're old innit?

Anyways...the way things were going I predict that Yuuko will merge with Shadow Yuuko and move on in the final episode. There will probably be a very bitter-sweet farewell in the last moment and the anime will end with just Teiichi walking away from the school gate with the other two next to or behind him. Possibly a final shot with Teiichi in the very same position by the window that Yuuko is usually in the ending credits.
There probably won't be any "He ends up with Kirie cause she's a Yuuko clone" or anything about his future, it'll just end it there, when Yuuko vanishes and leave an open ending.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 12:13   Link #1089
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
...Aside from those tragic events, Teiichi got to see a few nice things as well. More specifically, Yuuko and Yukariko's naked bodies. Way to go, kid.
I still find the standard anime trope of guys desperately trying not to see anything really annoying. If they were calmer about it, it would be gentlemanly, but this is always just weak.

As for the old guys, I thought they were pretty close to real life. People can get really, really stupid when they are ignorant and desperate. In any case, they were played somewhat symbolically, which justified the over-the-top acting, for me. I think that some of them still had family surviving: they themselves were alive, after all.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 12:44   Link #1090
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
...Now I got a question about the shrine. A mirror is enshrined in it so are there any Japanese mythical lore that relates to mirrors
A mirror is one of the three sacred objects of the Japanese imperial family, and is held in the Grand Shrine at Ise. When the sun goddess Amaterasu was angry and hid in a cave, the other gods set up a mirror in a tree outside it, and when she caught sight of the beautiful goddess in it (herself), she came out. Many Shinto shrines apparently have mirrors in them as sacred objects.

There is also a story about a girl whose mother bequeathed her hand-mirror to her when she died, telling her that when she was sad, she could look into it and see her again.

Also, the king of hell is supposed to have a mirror that will show your sins.

And it's a common old Japanese custom to cover up mirrors with a cloth, supposedly because mirrors can attract evil spirits.

Actually, all the old stories about mirrors concerned metal mirrors: discs of bronze with one side polished so highly that you could (more or less) see your face in them.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 13:40   Link #1091
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Really good episode. These series really impressed me. As someone who really enjoys the manga, I was pleasantly surprised that the series has lived up to my expectations. Now, I'm curious as to how both the anime and manga will end and more importantly, will their endings be the same or different?
Old 2012-06-11, 14:09   Link #1092
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

I just want to reach through my screen and Yuuko-slap all those manic idiots ><*
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 16:37   Link #1093
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I still find the standard anime trope of guys desperately trying not to see anything really annoying. If they were calmer about it, it would be gentlemanly, but this is always just weak.
I'd say in this instance, it makes sense to be a little panicky about it. Normally, yeah, you can turn away. Here, he had to mimic whatever Yuuko did, so he had no choice. Double freak-out, in a way.

Anyway, I was hoping she'd die when the candles went out. Since they still had plenty of wick left, I figured them going out symbolized the lack of oxygen in the area. That apparently wasn't the case, as it seems she likely died of hunger/thirst rather than asphyxiation.

Be interesting to see whether they end it with her continuing to "haunt" Teiichi, moving on, or if she gets reincarnated through some voodoo that they do.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 16:53   Link #1094
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

He's a 12 year old Japanese kid...give him a break...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 17:32   Link #1095
GrimJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Anyway, I was hoping she'd die when the candles went out. Since they still had plenty of wick left, I figured them going out symbolized the lack of oxygen in the area. That apparently wasn't the case, as it seems she likely died of hunger/thirst rather than asphyxiation..
judging from the amount of blood she was loosing she probably died from blood loss, most likely her broken bone ruptured her Femoral Artery. Remember that she was getting very cold, a system of bleeding to death.

It would be hours not days...

according to Maybe's twitter he loved the episode!!!

Last edited by GrimJack; 2012-06-11 at 19:19.
GrimJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 20:25   Link #1096
karuroso

Shouldn't Yuuko & Yukariko have told the police or whatever soon after discovering what those goddamn bastards were planning to do?
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 20:31   Link #1097
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
Shouldn't Yuuko & Yukariko have told the police or whatever soon after discovering what those goddamn bastards were planing to do?
A small town in some random hill over 60 years ago, in instance like those is pretty uncommon to have "public services". For all uses and purposes the neighbor is the law.

Heck, depending on the type of teaching they are getting, it would be unrealistic for the kids to even know the word police (警察)
Old 2012-06-11, 20:57   Link #1098
bumbayker

I really enjoyed this episode. Teiichi seeing and reenacting Yuuko's memories and experience before her untimely death was heart-wrenching. I also like how Yukariko's character design and persona as well. She wasn't an envious younger sister which I originally thought she was and turns out to be very caring towards her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Now, I'm curious as to how both the anime and manga will end and more importantly, will their endings be the same or different?
Maybe a little of both. The manga's end can't be completely the same as it already moved on a different course. Not to mention it would absolutely spoil the manga readers if both endings were the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
according to Maybe's twitter he loved the episode!!!
I wish I could read his comment. Google translate can't seem to work on Twitter for me.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 22:37   Link #1099
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

That was a really frightening episode; first time watching close to a full episode of first-person perspective. Imagine how scary a horror movie that's shot in first-person would be.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 22:43   Link #1100
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

According to Maybe, he has always treated ghost stories with a slight tinge of comedy, but this time the series truly gets its horror part. Maybe has considered leaving this much more serious part for a second season, but he thinks that how they handled the season is well done.

Also, try Rikaichan.

Quote:
That was a really frightening episode; first time watching close to a full episode of first-person perspective. Imagine how scary a horror movie that's shot in first-person would be.
Although not really a horror, Chronicle has managed to use this more recently. As with Discovery Channel's "Lost Tapes".
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2012-06-12 at 02:22.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural