AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-29, 06:11   Link #3001
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I'd be gladly to take on Vortex any day with my Wiz.
It's a combination of Mortar and double movement prevention like Jailer + Waller is what hurts me the most.
Old 2012-06-29, 12:33   Link #3002
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Reflect damage is the most annoying, for no other reason then because it's such a stupid game mechanic with barely any que and undodgeable; laaame! Frankly I hate these "gamey" mechanics the most, all they are is a testament to laziness on the developers who made them.

Next up is invulnerable minions. Again, lazy mechanics. How the hell can you kill diablo yet you have these invulnerable shits roaming the world?

After that is probably shielding and vampiric. While annoying the mechanic kind of makes sense and doesn't break immersion so I'm fine with it.

Most other stuff I can accept; simply because it's not gamey or immersion breaking.

Also... those are what I hate on all classes, not just range classes.
Old 2012-06-29, 12:41   Link #3003
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

inv minion and reflect aren't that bad for the relatively lower dps melee classes with their various mitigation and healing mechanics.

Anything fire related sucks for melee: as well as nightmarish these days as the proc happen way too often.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 14:02   Link #3004
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Lolz. I have no idea about the price, so I just throw it there randomly. Got it today when farming Belial.

Spoiler for space:
Old 2012-06-29, 14:19   Link #3005
Blaat

Level 58 DH HC dead I've learned my lesson now, I'm not going to pick a DH for HC.
Old 2012-06-29, 14:32   Link #3006
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Lolz. I have no idea about the price, so I just throw it there randomly. Got it today when farming Belial.

Spoiler for space:
10 million... I will buy it!
Old 2012-06-29, 16:14   Link #3007
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

you can try selling it for 1.75 on the RMAH. While blizz will be happy to keep that dollar, the 75 cents is prob worth a little more than that brimstone you can get out of it.
Old 2012-06-29, 19:48   Link #3008
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Forgot to take a SS, but I sold some 31.5 crit dmg/3.5 crit chance/socket/30 poison resist for 5 million. It went fast so I probably priced it too low. Man, all the stuff I sell much is mostly just rings.

So I'm looking for something to dump money for. Weapons are underwhelming and daggers fucking suck on the AH. This worth 6 million?

Spoiler:

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 19:57   Link #3009
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

No.

You want to look for something with:
Crit damage %
Socket (can change from crit<>LoH)
Dex
LoH
(crit damage is quite significant even if your crit % is low)

Good and affordable weapons are very hard to find. Be prepared to camp the AH for a few days.

One of my overly rich friend is going to purchase none but the most godly weapon: he has been camping the AH for over a week...
Old 2012-06-29, 20:16   Link #3010
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Lol, well, I guess that will be a while with those awful AH filters.

Oh look there's one for 75 million.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-06-29, 22:13   Link #3011
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

It will be a long hunt, but imo it is not worth spending over 5mil on something that is "subpar". Set a budget (7mil is common) and check aggressively. Sometimes you might be able to get a small deal if you do last minute bidding. The best deals are those 1day 11hr (or 1d12hr) weapons put up by people who do not realize the weapon's true value.

There are many people who do nothing but play the AH these days making it even harder to find good deals. I was going to buy a +str +criit socketed weapon (though only 850 dps) a few days ago but it was instagibbed by someone else -_-...

My friend told me that the black market $<>gold ratio has dropped to around $2/mil. If you do not intend on spending your gold in the foreseeable future I would recommend you to buy something sellable and convert the gold into blizzard dollars (and revert back to gold when gold selling becomes available).
Old 2012-06-29, 22:43   Link #3012
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Ah, okay, thanks.

I made a post detailing why exactly I feel that the game balancing is heading in the wrong direction. It's not that I feel that the idea is wrong. Sure, people think item drops suck, give more items, people think inferno is too imbalanced, nerf that. But overall, I feel the development team is too stuck in defining what is "proper" gameplay, and that has no place in a game like Diablo. It's not a competitive game like say Starcraft is. But the gameplay should feel fluid and encourage experimentation, not follow Blizzard's philosophy on the game as some kind of bible. In a way it really goes against what I see as a game

Spoiler for post:

In other words, I don't mind change, but let's do one thing at a time slowly but surely. Instead of just launching what ever well intentioned but ultimately poorly thought out nonsense on us.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-06-30, 03:01   Link #3013
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Anyone have an estimate on what these two weapons might be worth?
http://www.imagebam.com/image/f66211199341665

http://www.imagebam.com/image/0345fe199341669
Old 2012-06-30, 12:51   Link #3014
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I hit my first inferno elite pack yesterday. It was something like extra fast, vortex, molten, and electrified. It was a unique with like ten or so minions around it. And they hit like a TRAIN.

After switching my monks skills from very offensive to somewhat defensive, I managed to kill them. Later ran into a shielding, fire chain, and teleport bat champ mob, died a couple of times but killed them too.

Point being, difficulty jump is pretty freakin steep. But I'm making gradual progress, with gear that cost no more than 10k gold per piece.
Old 2012-06-30, 14:35   Link #3015
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Anyone have an estimate on what these two weapons might be worth?
http://www.imagebam.com/image/f66211199341665

http://www.imagebam.com/image/0345fe199341669
The Blue Monk Fist, not so much, because it lacks extras such as IAS, DEX, Socket, Life on Hit, etc... but because of its raw damage, you can probably get about 2mil for it. I estimate less though. Cynically, I would say about 1mil at most.

The rare though... although lacking in raw damage, has fantastic modifiers in the form of the Life on Hit, DEX and VIT. Dual-wielding Monks would probably desire it very much for its defensive potential. It should at least garner 10mil. Probably more. You can probably set the buyout at like 25mil, but set a much lower bid to gather attention, say 5mil at starting bid and see if the fishes bite.

Cheers.
Old 2012-06-30, 15:09   Link #3016
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
The Blue Monk Fist, not so much, because it lacks extras such as IAS, DEX, Socket, Life on Hit, etc... but because of its raw damage, you can probably get about 2mil for it. I estimate less though. Cynically, I would say about 1mil at most.

The rare though... although lacking in raw damage, has fantastic modifiers in the form of the Life on Hit, DEX and VIT. Dual-wielding Monks would probably desire it very much for its defensive potential. It should at least garner 10mil. Probably more. You can probably set the buyout at like 25mil, but set a much lower bid to gather attention, say 5mil at starting bid and see if the fishes bite.

Cheers.
What server do you play on? The price estimate you gave for the Monk fist is extremely low for a 1.1k single handed weapon. They can easily hit up to 10-15 mil for that much DPS.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 18:12   Link #3017
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Well, me and three friends (a barbarian and 2 monks) went through Inferno Act 2 last night, and pretty much rolled through the opposition from the Black Soulstone onwards (it was the first time I've EVER seen my Resists go to 1600, because of having a barbarian's battlecry), but we hit a wall with Belial himself. For some reason, he kept on spamming the meteor attack, which guaranteed death, as even with Serenity it just felt that the attack lasted forever. And it wasn't even close to when his Enrage Timer would start. What the heck Blizzard?

We eventually had to give up, as while me and the barbarian had good DPS, the two other monks didn't.
Old 2012-06-30, 19:15   Link #3018
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Spamming meteor attacks is his enrage timer attack.
You can dodge all of the normal meteors, Serenity is only needed when you make a mistake.
Old 2012-06-30, 19:28   Link #3019
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
Spamming meteor attacks is his enrage timer attack.
You misunderestand. He does this barely five minutes into his second form. Repeatedly. It was stupid, especially since he stopped using his breath weapon entirely, just bash, then meteor, then bash.
Old 2012-06-30, 19:34   Link #3020
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

5 minutes?
I think the enrage timer is after 3 minutes.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler