AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-10-31, 01:34   Link #161
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I miss how we used to have gif makers who would flock to these high action show and would generously make gif for ASuki members. This show deserves it.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-31, 03:52   Link #162
ValvraveTruth

This episode is not rush at all. If the production packed exact samething in manga to this episode, then its rush. Plus this episode did follow the manga, its just that other fight scene never added, both this episode & manga chapter do lead to the same final outcome. Basically Nagumo fights, Karin on moon and soldiers appearing are just extra to begin with, the outcome never change much. Of course its sad those never added, but for an shonen anime version this episode is pretty legit like all other shonen anime. To begin with the purpose of anime is for the fans to see their favourite work to "move" in front of them, the story is just second to that. So in the end asking anime follow everything on the manga is a luxury. The other way around if you watch this show without reading the manga, this episode is fine really.

Btw seeing Karin getting torture giving me a boner, I'm seriously depraved am I?
Old 2017-10-31, 07:39   Link #163
NapoleonDeCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Plus what was the point? She shows up to the fight and then still does nothing . "I'll take the stronger one" she says before proceeding to just stand around and watch Tota fight.
Spoiler for Reason:
NapoleonDeCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-31, 20:01   Link #164
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Recent posts about future plot points were removed.
Pointing out the adaptation flaws is fine, but don't go overboard with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
I did catch a translation error in the subs. The current year is 2086. The blind swordsman's flashback was to 2065. That's only 20 years ago not 25. I'm pretty sure he he 20 years ago as well in Japanese.
This isn't the only mistranslation. When Kaito challenges Touta, the tl states "I will show you true despair", but he actually said "失望させんな!" (shitsubou 失望 and not zetsubou 絶望) which basically means "don't disappoint me!" (original tl would require something like 本当の絶望を見せてあげる).

Anyway, I agree the cuts don't make much sense, especially when it comes to Karin and Nagumo. But beyond that, I'm kind of disappointed how tame Touta's Magia Erebea looks like. It looks like they just emit some faint red mist, instead of being engulfed in black magic flames/miasma.

Then again, I shouldn't expect much considering the production quality of the series isn't anything stellar to begin with.
Old 2017-11-01, 16:03   Link #165
4th Dimension

Considering how many shortcuts they keep taking to keep the budget down, the finale better be JAW DROPPING because otherwise I might assume this was animated by two dudes at lunch break.

Just for an example, the maw of the werewolf NEVER MOVES when he is talking which is REALLY weird.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-01, 16:16   Link #166
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't think there's a way to make a canine mouth produce human sounds and not be weird, whether it moves or not...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-01, 16:54   Link #167
4th Dimension

I think it's CONSIDERABLY weirder for it to stay ABSOLUTELY still in open position. It's almost as if he is wearing a wolf costume.

Old 2017-11-01, 17:02   Link #168
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon had a lot of those and I didn't think it was that weird. I think I've seen it before in lots other anime too so perhaps I'm used to it.
Old 2017-11-01, 21:37   Link #169
NapoleonDeCheese

I think even the Darkstalkers OVA did it better with Jon Talbain, and those were made in the nineties.
Old 2017-11-06, 14:11   Link #170
Hata
時の異邦人

BD Box

BD Box set spec reveals UQ Holder would be 12 episodes (+special episode 0) in 3 BD, boxset extras includes 2 CD and 5 pactio cards, which will including vote winner Nodoka's new card, and the box cover art will also be done by Ken.
Old 2017-11-06, 16:48   Link #171
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
BD Box set spec reveals UQ Holder would be 12 episodes (+special episode 0) in 3 BD, boxset extras includes 2 CD and 5 pactio cards, which will including vote winner Nodoka's new card, and the box cover art will also be done by Ken.
The good: Confirmation that fans still love Nodoka-chan.

The bad: Confirmation that the show will only last one cour, which means that things are going to be rushed in order to get to the stuff depicted in the key art.
Old 2017-11-06, 19:48   Link #172
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
The bad: Confirmation that the show will only last one cour, which means that things are going to be rushed in order to get to the stuff depicted in the key art.
That news? Especially given the rush in the recent episodes

Old 2017-11-06, 20:19   Link #173
NapoleonDeCheese

So, in only six remaining episodes, they've got to flesh out that important character who's been all over the promos and opening SO I'M NOT SPOILING ANYTHING and that secondary character who's also appeared all over the promos and opening SO I'M NOT SPOILING ANYTHING plus building up towards that confrontation that's been pointed out in the promo images and cast list SO I'M NOT SPOILING ANYTHING.

... okay.
Old 2017-11-06, 20:22   Link #174
4th Dimension

The curse of Negima adaptations strikes again it seems?

Oh well. At least they seem to be trying to do their own thing, even though that thing is kinda missing the soul of UQ. The down time bits.

Old 2017-11-06, 20:28   Link #175
NapoleonDeCheese

I mean, both Negima TV series and Love Hina's had 24 episodes, and all of those intended to cover less ground than this series does, and they still turned out mostly bad. I'm shocked Akamatsu just doesn't seem to learn from past mistakes now he's supposed to have more creative control over the anime.
Old 2017-11-06, 20:45   Link #176
RDNexus

Maybe he doesn't have as much control over the production as he might have wanted to
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-07, 00:32   Link #177
Team Rocket Elite

Episode 6
Spoiler for Manga chapters covered:

This episode covered a lot fewer chapters and we get a lot more Kuromaru.

Last edited by Team Rocket Elite; 2017-11-07 at 00:45. Reason: Added more details under the spoiler warning.
Team Rocket Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-07, 00:48   Link #178
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This show is amazingly good considering how much important stuff it's ruthlessly cutting out. Including arguably the best character intro arc in the series.

Plus, Katsuki Hikaru end card. That speaks for itself.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-07, 03:27   Link #179
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I have to say this particular story adapted at this point of the story makes it flow better than in the manga
Spoiler for source comparison:

And finally KIRIE
Btw, it's something I've been thinking ever since the start, and I know complaining about anime hair is stupid, but I still have to say Kirie having blond hair really betrays my expectations. My impression of her is that her hair's bright brown/dark orange or something like that, but certainly not bright blonde.
Old 2017-11-07, 07:03   Link #180
Ultragunner

^ Kirie is blonde in the manga too u see ...yeah I know, and I blame Ken for that
about Kuromaru being "weak" in girl form, it's probably because he's just not used to his body, imagine a truck driver being told into driving a F1

And bad Kuromaru!!! No no, being a girl or boy in your world doesn't necessarily translate to power . The top two or three overpowered characters in the series are female ya know , I won't spoil anything but just look at Yukihime

EDIT: although I am upset that the anime is only 1 cour, whoever did the script definitely deserve some probs, a lot of stuffs got cut but it is not jarring and the plot still flow, you really did your homework eh