AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2004-01-24, 12:43   Link #1
CardCaptorMoody
Dictator of the World

Location: Canada, In my basement playing DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION
Is Hikki DEAD?

A couple of years ago Utada Hikaru was the craze. WHAT HAPPEND. Please don't tell me BoA happened!! Well, is she at least planing to realeas a new album or something because i overplayed Deep River and Colors and i want more!
CardCaptorMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-24, 12:57   Link #2
megazone23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardCaptorMoody
A couple of years ago Utada Hikaru was the craze. WHAT HAPPEND. Please don't tell me BoA happened!! Well, is she at least planing to realeas a new album or something because i overplayed Deep River and Colors and i want more!
No... I don't think so... I think that now that she's married, she might not have as much time as before on her singing career. But she did promise that she will continue her singing career and continue on singing and producing albums. I guess it's just a matter of when.
megazone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-24, 13:03   Link #3
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Talk about a sensationalist title.
Old 2004-01-24, 13:28   Link #4
CardCaptorMoody
Dictator of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
Talk about a sensationalist title.
Hahaha, Sorry for scaring you >.<
Old 2004-01-24, 14:28   Link #5
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Don't worry Hikki's still alive, her first single in 14 months will be the theme to the futuristic movie "Casshern" premiering in spring 2004. Available at cdjapan.
Old 2004-01-25, 10:19   Link #6
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

I've been told that Utada Hikaru is getting married to some film producer .. does anyone want to confirm this for me ? ^^;

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
diabolistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 12:18   Link #7
crumja
AnimeONE Do-It-All

She recently got married to photographer and director Kazuaki Kiriya. Then went on 26 day honeymoon.
crumja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 08:30   Link #8
Tboz

*Tboz touches wood*

Think she got delayed by her marraige and health problems, she's coming back soon anyway.
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 16:13   Link #9
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

I thought that she was married and will be returning to Columbia later...
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 19:38   Link #10
Chiaki Nozomi
Indie Director

Send a message via AIM to Chiaki Nozomi Send a message via MSN to Chiaki Nozomi Send a message via Yahoo to Chiaki Nozomi
Hikki isn't dead - she's very much alive.

She's have a live in Japan soon... sometime in Feb.

The reason nothing's been released from her is because she's working on an english album for Island Records. She's under their 'pop' label.
See her official English HP - http://www.utada.com

She's taken a leave of absence from Columbia to make her English record. As she said 'Its the first time in my life I'm serious about my music'.

I somehow have a feeling that more Japanese than American will buy her record though.. .especially if she doesn't stip down to nothing and sing about sex.

BoA needs to die. I liked No. 1 and Valenti, then she went downhill. Now she needs to R.I.P. with Ayumi.
Chiaki Nozomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 22:30   Link #11
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

I don't think trying out the american music market is a good idea for Hikki: it would be a waste of time, I'd rather see her working on a new japanese album. The american market is very different from the japanese one, that means she'll have to change her music style...
Old 2004-01-26, 22:34   Link #12
CardCaptorMoody
Dictator of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki Nozomi
BoA needs to die. I liked No. 1 and Valenti, then she went downhill. Now she needs to R.I.P. with Ayumi.

Well, i don't really hate BoA that much, i just dislike her as a person, some of her songs are ok. I kind of liked shine we are and every heart (i think that is the name of the song) was not bad. As for Ayumi, *pukes*........Just kiding. I havent really listened to too much of her stuff but it is tolerable. I can't really give a detailed judgement on her.
Old 2004-01-26, 22:46   Link #13
CardCaptorMoody
Dictator of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sway
I don't think trying out the english market is a good idea for Hikki: it would be a waste of time, I'd rather see her working on a new japanese album. The english market is very different from the japanese one, that means she'll have to change her music style...
She won't have to make that many changes. I really enjoyed Simple and Clean, but then again that might be my bias perpective. Though i think her style isn't that far off the western pop, it is just that she doesn't have that bitchy tone in her voce that makes her a better artist. And obviously her english needs no improvement unlike a couple of other artists that decided to go in to the western market but failed misribly mostly for their poor english *chough* Boa *chough*. Though this could be argued both ways. This topic could probably hold up well on a thread, but i am too lazy to make one

VERY sorry, double posted.
Old 2004-01-26, 22:48   Link #14
Oneesama
本當に愛してるなら, "鰻食べる?”ってきかないで

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sway
I don't think trying out the american music market is a good idea for Hikki: it would be a waste of time, I'd rather see her working on a new japanese album. The american market is very different from the japanese one, that means she'll have to change her music style...
Yeah... I think it'z difficult for either Japanese/Chinese to well-fit into the western market. But on the other hand.. some did quite well.... ex. Faye wong~ I think she's pretty well know throughout the western side. So... maybe Hikki will make it..
we'll see when the album comes out.~
Oneesama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-27, 08:53   Link #15
Tboz

Faye Wong?

I don't think she ever recorded an english album/track did she? The only one I remembered was Coco Lee and she didn't do well. Hikki is more talented as she writes her own songs, maybe she will have a chance.
Old 2004-01-28, 08:34   Link #16
Chiaki Nozomi
Indie Director

Send a message via AIM to Chiaki Nozomi Send a message via MSN to Chiaki Nozomi Send a message via Yahoo to Chiaki Nozomi
Man, this topic has been talked to death at every single Japanese music board I frequent. So here's the bottom line -

She's releasing an album. It might be popular, it might not. Some of us want her to be popular, some of us don't. Some of us like her, some of us don't. Either way, it doesn't affect her position in Japan, but it was nice buying a cd here and not importing it.

There! I just saved endless amounts of speculation and stupid banter!

Now to go start the obligatory 'AYU VS. HIKKI' thread that hasn't made it here yet. (Although in place of the AYU is sooooo cool!!!111' threads we get more OP and ED threads than you can shake a stick at. )
Old 2004-01-28, 20:46   Link #17
megazone23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboz
Faye Wong?

I don't think she ever recorded an english album/track did she? The only one I remembered was Coco Lee and she didn't do well. Hikki is more talented as she writes her own songs, maybe she will have a chance.
Didn't Faye Wong sing Eyes on Me for Final Fantasy 8? I think... for the most part, they don't pronounce then English words very well... I'm not saying all Asian singers can't sing English (some actually do song English pretty well, while others have attempted and... well... lets just say that they weren't that great) There's been many attempts by Asian singers, who normally don't sing English, to produce an English track/CD. I think Hikki would do ok though. The style of her music would be able to fit into today's market. Of course, like someone mentioned (sorry... I forgot who... ><") most likely the people who would be listening to it would be her 'already fans' rather than new listeners who don't know a word of Jap.

I don't know if I remember this right, but didn't she get out a CD in the United States before? I remember that she started singing when she was very young (with her family, they formed a group or something called Cubic U (someone correct me here, because it's really foggy in my mind)) and before she went to Japan. But... yeah... someone correct me on this.
megazone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-28, 21:05   Link #18
Chiaki Nozomi
Indie Director

Yes, she released an english cd called Cubic U.

It was released here before, to no fanfare, and its justifiable. The cd was pure crap, plain and simple.
Old 2004-01-29, 07:14   Link #19
Tboz

Oh ya, Eyes on Me. It slipped my mind, probably because it was released only in the game soundtrack. But don't mind me asking because I'm not living in the west, is Faye Wong quite well known outside the gaming community?
Old 2004-01-29, 09:08   Link #20
ZhouYu
^im with stupid

yeah Wong Faye did sing Eyes on Me... it came out in HK on her Album b4 it was used for the theme in FF
ZhouYu is offline   Reply With Quote