AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2004-03-17, 03:18   Link #41
legend310

ok guys hows it going? well i started downloading macross7 from ASS but since they havent been in action lately can someone please tell me where i can get the rest of the episodes 16 and up from? please???
legend310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-25, 17:39   Link #42
Rx_Fink
Cybernetic Wolf

Send a message via AIM to Rx_Fink
Question Do I need to have seen other Macross series to watch Macross 7?

Just like the title says. I've never watched any Macross (I've seen a little Robotech. That's the American remake, right?). Would there be any point to my watching Macross 7 with that in mind?

Last edited by xris; 2004-07-26 at 03:39. Reason: Please not not start new threads if one already exists. Use the "Series Discussion Index" sticky!!!
Rx_Fink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-25, 19:40   Link #43
Panon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rx_Fink
Just like the title says. I've never watched any Macross (I've seen a little Robotech. That's the American remake, right?). Would there be any point to my watching Macross 7 with that in mind?
It works much better having seen the original Macross, but I suppose it could be watched without it - you'd just miss out on knowing about some of the references to the original, such as events, returning characters, etc
Panon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-25, 23:23   Link #44
N-Bomb
King of Braves
*Fansubber

Not PARTICULARLY... but it helps to have seen even Robotech. But essentially, it follows on the heels of the Macross: Do You Remember Love? movie, and not the Macross TV series. Much easier to catch up that way.

Also, not really neccisary, but it and Macross Plus take place in the same timeline.
N-Bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 18:48   Link #45
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panon
It works much better having seen the original Macross, but I suppose it could be watched without it - you'd just miss out on knowing about some of the references to the original, such as events, returning characters, etc
It is thematically similar and has some plot continuity to the rest of the Macross series, but is _very_ different from them in tone. It's far more light-hearted and wacky (some parts are almost parodies of the original series). This might put some fans of the original series off this one.

Last edited by glyph; 2004-08-02 at 07:38.
glyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-02, 23:15   Link #46
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Macross 7 was designed that it could be watched with no prior exposure to Macross. It sums up all the story you really need to know in a short sequence that the first dozen or so episodes begin with. However, if you've seen Macross and DYRL?, you get far more out of the series. I'd reccomend downloading M7, and while it's being subbed, go get yourself the AnimEigo SDF Macross set, and the FX bootleg of DYRL?.

Macross 7 has more in common with the original Macross tv series as Macross Plus does, but as far as it's tone, it is about as displaced as Macross Plus, but in the other direction. While Macross Plus is darker and bittersweet, Macross 7 is lighter and more optimistic. If you prefere the more "serious" Macross shows like DYRL? and Plus, you might not like 7 all that much. However, if you're just fine with the original tv series, and something a little lighter wouldn't put you off, 7 is a very enjoyable series, with some of the best character development I've seen in anime.

As for how it follows, it follows on the heels of Space War One, the true story of which is somewhere between "DYRL?" and "SDF Macross". For simplicity, it's easy enough to say that it follows the story of the tv series, and the designs of the movie, but it's more than that.
Old 2004-09-22, 19:58   Link #47
khem

The first time i watched this movie is like 4 years ago, they are on TV in my country. I love it without the reason.. I still donno why i love this movie.

Anyway, I have a question about the end of TV series. At the end when
mylene's mom take a valkery out and sing and then everyone go out and
sing too. And at the very end, the drummer, i'm sorry i forgot her name
because she's rarely appear and talk. Finally she said to mylene
"who do you choose?" And the TV series is end but it still say
to be continue. I didnt see anywhere say the end.
So is it really end? and like that? there is any more episode??
I have this question for about 2-3 years and I still donno,
u guys please help me.

Thanks a lot..
khem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 20:53   Link #48
Panon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd
I'd reccomend downloading M7, and while it's being subbed, go get yourself the AnimEigo SDF Macross set, and the FX bootleg of DYRL?.
You shouldn't ever recommend bootlegs of ANYTHING.

If you're after DYRL you should download it as well, since it's unlicensed. ASS have done a release of it and have a torrent available: http://209.58.234.157/tracker/torren...20love.torrent

Also, if you're downloading M7 try to find it by someone other than ASS. Their releases are shitty direct bootleg rips, complete with bad subs.
Old 2004-09-22, 21:15   Link #49
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Cool

Quote:
You shouldn't ever recommend bootlegs of ANYTHING.

If you're after DYRL you should download it as well, since it's unlicensed. ASS have done a release of it and have a torrent available: http://209.58.234.157/tracker/torren...20love.torrent

Also, if you're downloading M7 try to find it by someone other than ASS. Their releases are shitty direct bootleg rips, complete with bad subs.
And if you look we've uploaded #1 with all of them to follow.

Heibi
Central Anime
Heibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 21:30   Link #50
Kaorimoch
Anime Freak

I believe Macross - Do You Remember Love? is licensed. Its first release was released as a badly dubbed show 20 years ago, renamed as the english title "Clash of the Bionoids".

I don't think you should be recommending licensed anime torrents on AnimeSuki.
Kaorimoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 21:39   Link #51
Panon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaorimoch
I believe Macross - Do You Remember Love? is licensed. Its first release was released as a badly dubbed show 20 years ago, renamed as the english title "Clash of the Bionoids".
Incorrect. You must have missed the years of discussion on how no company can pick up the license to DYRL because it is in heavy dispute.

The "Clash of the Bionoids" VHS release was by Best Films, a company that no longer exists and whose license is long expired.
Old 2004-09-22, 21:51   Link #52
Kaorimoch
Anime Freak

Ah. My bad.

Hopefully if they do sort out the mess, they can redub it too. The job they did in that movie was really bad.
Kaorimoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 21:55   Link #53
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Cool

Quote:
Incorrect. You must have missed the years of discussion on how no company can pick up the license to DYRL because it is in heavy dispute.

The "Clash of the Bionoids" VHS release was by Best Films, a company that no longer exists and whose license is long expired.
I guess we may have to do that too. I have the CAV LD release of it. It'll be a while, since we're working on M7, LOGH and Touch at the same time for releases.

Heibi
Central Anime
Old 2004-09-22, 23:29   Link #54
exedore
Zentradi Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heibi
And if you look we've uploaded #1 with all of them to follow.
Glad to see that you guys are putting out Macross 7, but I have to ask - why aren't you doing it on the Amiga? It's...odd...not seeing the show with the JACO font...

And any chance of getting the arse-kicking EMOTION sequence on an ep along with the PLUS bits and the ads? (I still want to see the full PV for "Dakedo Baby"...)
exedore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 00:26   Link #55
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by exedore
Glad to see that you guys are putting out Macross 7, but I have to ask - why aren't you doing it on the Amiga? It's...odd...not seeing the show with the JACO font...

And any chance of getting the arse-kicking EMOTION sequence on an ep along with the PLUS bits and the ads? (I still want to see the full PV for "Dakedo Baby"...)
Ah, but it was on the Amiga. We converted it to SSA so the picture quality was increase and the subs were more ledgible. No loss of sub-signal that way. The subs were too dark otherwise.

Heibi
Old 2004-12-26, 12:06   Link #56
animelrd10

Macross 7

Is this anime any good? Iv wached the first ep and am like WTF. does this get any better?
animelrd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 13:55   Link #57
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by animelrd10
Is this anime any good? Iv wached the first ep and am like WTF. does this get any better?

Yes, it gets better. You have to put up with that one song for a bit, but the payoff is great once they get to the real plot. Episode 24-28 are some of the best. Mikomoto has said that this series was the ultimate direction he wanted to take the original Macorss series.

Heibi
Central Anime
Old 2004-12-26, 15:48   Link #58
Carrackus

Send a message via AIM to Carrackus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaorimoch

I don't think you should be recommending licensed anime torrents on AnimeSuki.

hehe i have that VHS in the house someplace....bought it in 1989 when i was 5. i've watched it so much that the tape is going bad.

I thbink it was a for kids entertainment vid though....rememeber with the opening sequence of the kids eating pizza and licking spoons and putting them on there noses.
Carrackus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 17:41   Link #59
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heibi
Yes, it gets better. You have to put up with that one song for a bit, but the payoff is great once they get to the real plot. Episode 24-28 are some of the best. Mikomoto has said that this series was the ultimate direction he wanted to take the original Macorss series.

Heibi
Central Anime
So then Minmei would have gotten a veritech capable of using sound weapons?

Scary thought actually...
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 00:41   Link #60
ichijou

pair of questions. lupin/macross7

i am a big fan of sdf macross, and recently started watching macross 7, and i have to admit i've not been very thrilled by it thus far. compared to sdf macross the story moves along at a sluggish rate, and the second half of each episode so far has been very saturday morning cartoon formulaic; station falls under attack, basara hop's out into space to sing his song, and the enemy then retreats before he can finish, this has happened every episode so far. i was wondering if the show does pick up the pace, maybe even add a new song, or is this pretty much it for the whole run?

Last edited by xris; 2006-10-30 at 05:22.
ichijou is offline   Reply With Quote