AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2006-04-12, 22:16   Link #1
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Shuffle! the game

I heard that there's a PC game for Shuffle!. Is that true? If so, where can you buy/download it? Even if it's a demo I'll be willing to try!
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 23:19   Link #2
Rin-Sama
Banned

There are actually 2 PC games, a PS2, game and one more PS2 game in the works.

Must warn you tho the origanl and the sequal PC games will set you back $100.
Rin-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 23:38   Link #3
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin-Sama
There are actually 2 PC games, a PS2, game and one more PS2 game in the works.

Must warn you tho the origanl and the sequal PC games will set you back $100.
Nothing compared to the cost of the actual game I want: the little screensaver one packaged with the R1 DVDs.
Old 2006-04-12, 23:53   Link #4
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yeah.... that item (actually one for each girl) costs a small fortune since you have to buy all the series DVDs to get them all.

I only have the Nerine one ...
Old 2006-04-13, 00:00   Link #5
rooboy
Umeboshi!

No, I'd have to get them all.

Well, maybe I can pass on the Kaede and Mayumi ones, but I'd have to have the rest.
Old 2006-04-13, 00:49   Link #6
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I was hoping to at least find the Sia one... even resorted to less than ethical searches but to no avail....
Old 2006-04-13, 01:19   Link #7
Rin-Sama
Banned

um. Just to ask. What are you 2 talking about exactly?
Rin-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 01:34   Link #8
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

This:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=28964
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 02:02   Link #9
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
waaa...the graphic doesn't look that promising...maybe I'll pass about finding it this time.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 08:18   Link #10
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Well, those are a freebie that's included with the R2 DVD releases, it's not the Shuffle! game itself (it's more like a screensaver).
Old 2006-04-13, 14:34   Link #11
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Yes, you can learn more about the actual game on the Japanese site here. Where you can buy it is, among other places, here. But, you should probably know in advance: this is a Japanese visual novel - to put it bluntly, it's like reading a "choose your own adventure" novel, except there are pictures (CG) and sound (voice-overs and music). There's no 3D world or anything, and you don't walk around freely or anything like that - you get choices at certain interval in the story, and that determines what happens next. The PC version also has sex scenes while the PS2 version (Shuffle! On the Stage - info here) doesn't (but you'd need a Japanese PS2 to play it). Both are Japanese only (no English dubs or subs), but a fan-translation project is underway for the PC version. And, incidentally, the two sequels that Rin-sama mentioned (Tick! Tack! and Really? Really!) are both for PC; neither is for PS2.

Anyway, not trying to dissuade you at all, but you need to at least know what you're getting into. Give it a try, and you may find that you like it - but, if you're expecting a game like the ones you normally find on store shelves in North America and Europe (action, RPG, adventure, etc.), this is a different thing entirely.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 14:40   Link #12
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Mm, I was gonna give you rep for being as helpful as always, but apparently I did not that long ago because it says I gotta spread some before I give some to you again.

Have you or anyone else here played Shuffle! On the Stage by the way? I played the PC version and I wanna know how different this is from the original. My PS2 is modded so that would not be a problem.
Old 2006-04-13, 14:48   Link #13
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST
Have you or anyone else here played Shuffle! On the Stage by the way? I played the PC version and I wanna know how different this is from the original. My PS2 is modded so that would not be a problem.
Haven't played it myself, but I've been seriously considering either buying a Japanese PS2 or finding a way to "fix" (one of ) mine to do it (not just for this game, but as an all-purpose R2 DVD/game player - still play my R2 DVDs on my PC ). I did get the artbook though, and it seems like the main difference is the added stories for Mayumi and Kareha, as well as a few new CGs for the other girls to replace the "other" CGs that were cut (obviously).

Edit: And, by the way, thanks
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 14:51   Link #14
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Mm, I saw what I believe is...

Spoiler for Sia?:

I believe that alone is worth it - if I'm right. Of course, Kareha is awesome too.

I haven't been able to find the artbook around here, but they'll bring it over next week. I have to buy most of my stuff online, and sometimes it ain't that easy to find places that will ship stuff here...
Old 2006-04-13, 21:31   Link #15
Zelos_Zalis
Only 70% Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
I was hoping to at least find the Sia one... even resorted to less than ethical searches but to no avail....
Really? I went looking just to see what they were like. I found them quickly and I think I still have em somewhere.

also on current topic I want on the stage mainly for mayumi ending, but the Kareha and Tsubomi (alot of jap reviews say 3 new endings and this is the only person I can think of, confirm?) would be neat.
Zelos_Zalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 14:09   Link #16
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

I'm putting this here because it's the closest thing to a game discussion thread I could find.

I went out and ordered Shuffle! On the Stage. Which is really stupid because I don't own a PS2. Well I did the same thing with Princess Maker for PS1 and Sentimental Graffiti for Sega Saturn (Still don't own a Saturn and have NEVER played Sentimental Graffiti after 4 years of owning it).

Anyway, I did something very very bad. I couldn't wait for it so I went out and got a download of the original Shuffle!

Ok, so I'm sorry for being so weak hearted. Both the fact that I don't actually own the original (I sort of justified that one) and the fact that this IS an adult game. Well, I finished it. I figured out how to skip the adult scenes by setting the game on auto play, turning off the voice system, and waiting for the music to change. You can get passed whatever the choice necessary during those scenes by pushing the down arrow and enter so you know. There seems to be 1 choice for each girl during those scenes, don't ask me what for, I don't want to know.

Point being, I'm now in love with Kaede, I liked her before all right, thought she was the best girl of the harem. Now it's that I've fallen for her. Last time I fell in love with an anime girl was Chii back 3 or so years ago. Sigh

Thoughts for the game:

My favorite character is Kaede like I pointed out. Hearing her voice makes me so happy. I especially love hearing her say Hai, Goyukuri. Her story is about redemption and love and is a typical subject of anime based on games like Da Capo. Perhaps that's why they didn't wish to use her story as the main subject of the anime. There is also no psycho Kaede. There are no boxcutters. She never ceases being an angel. One time on Primula's path Primula sleeps with Rin (Not in a sexual way) and Kaede walks in on them. She simply says "I hope you're happy together" and runs off. It's as upset as she ever gets. She's pure love.

Primula's path is my absolute favorite. I'm so disappointed the anime jilted her. They had too much to go for anyway so it's not much their fault but her story is my favorite in the game. Granted Kaede is my favorite but Primula's story is second to none. She's cute too and this is the first emotionless girl I've ever liked in an anime. Though of course after using magic the first time (a point left out of the anime) she's able to start developing her emotions going so far as to get all blushy and calling Rin Oniichan. She's a sweetheart and I like her.

Kareha is my second favorite girl. Ma ma ma! She's absolutely too much fun. I can't wait to play my On the Stage because she's a winable character though I honestly don't know if I'll have a Japanese PS2 anytime soon. I skipped through Asa's entire story, I refuse to watch that woman. Anytime she's on the screen I feel sick so I missed a great Kareha moment. It looks like the boy lifting up her dress in the cafe is from Asa's line because I unlocked the CG but never saw it in the game.

Lishianthus is the cutes girl. I love seeing her on the screen. So many of the girls look alike so I'm guessing it's her hair but her general attitude is very cute. She's the least shy of the girls which makes her look so cute. Plus she looks great in a bathing suit. Her story is ho hum. I don't care much for multiple personality disorder and when I finished her line I couldn't bring myself to like the idea of being with a woman who's sharing a body with her dead twin sister. The Lisianthus/Kikyo conversation at the end during the Epilogue of her story is rather disturbing. I see now why they say she's a polygamist, it's the only way to feel comfortable with her story by allowing her to share Rin with her alternate personality. I'm disappointed that they left out the idea Kikyo is named by Rin from the anime. Prior to that time her name is Reverse Sia.

Nerine is forgetable. Sorry to the Nerine lovers but her story is simply too mild (looks great in a maid outfit though ). She still tries to blow up people just like the anime so she does have a mean streak I guess. She's basically a very very shy girl in the game. Kaede already takes up the sweet girl lacking confidence role so Nerine has too little personailty. Perhaps Tick! Tack! salvages her character but someone already pointed out that unlike Shuffle! Tick! Tack! is only sex. Her relationship with Licorice is hardly noticable and too similar to Lisianthus/Kikyo. Plus Licorice is a much better character for Primula's story then she is for Nerine's.

Asa. I refused to play her story so I placed her on auto play to get her CGs and finish the game. Her path is the only one where she destroys someone else in order to be happy. I walked in twice during her story, once when she appologized to Kaede for stealing Rin (how lucky of me to walk in right then, that scene brought back too many bad memories) and once during the second sex scene . . . that I didn't need. Something about being pregnant I think.

The music is one of my favorite reasons to play this game. I especially love hearing Sunlight Summer. I've turned the game on just to hear that play but all the music is great. I'll need to look into an official soundtrack maybe.

Well, I will need to discuss again what my thoughts are in a year or so when I have some way of purchasing a Japanese PS2 (they're around $250 on ebay). I think Kareha and Mayumi will be wonderful to win with.
KenOhki'sRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 02:45   Link #17
Shinkirou
Nageki hikari...

My thoughts on the game:
Spoiler for for Kaede's path:

I didn't do Primula's path because, while it does look great, I'm not interested in pedophilia.

Spoiler for Lisianthus' path:

Spoiler for Nerine's path:

I didn't play Asa because I'd rather think of her as a cupid for Rin and Kaede rather than Rin's girlfriend.
Shinkirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 16:06   Link #18
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

You do realize Primula is only a "year" behind Sia & Nerine in age. So the pedo label doesn't really stick (perhaps a lolita label might be better but then we're talking about a bunch of 15-17 yr olds so YMMV depending on your jurisdiction).

The "waif" look can be a lifelong look, eh?

Agreed on the story aspects of Nerine in the game though.. but then both versions of this story product (game or anime) seems to be filled with missed opportunities. I'm reading the manga now and some things get filled in but again its the "great premise" left unfulfilled in some ways. I guess this is the kind of thing that drives doujinshi.
Old 2007-03-12, 17:02   Link #19
Shinkirou
Nageki hikari...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
You do realize Primula is only a "year" behind Sia & Nerine in age.
Reeeeeaaaaaaaally?!?! Wow, one does learn new things everyday! Well, Primula does have the aspects that a pedophile be attracted to though (at least from my eyes).
Shinkirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 01:41   Link #20
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
Reeeeeaaaaaaaally?!?! Wow, one does learn new things everyday! Well, Primula does have the aspects that a pedophile be attracted to though (at least from my eyes).
All characters in the game Shuffle! are supposed 18, like in most games the company will always say.
And seriously, Primula isn't really loli to begin with, she's just a bit flatter and smaller than the others girls means anything much
Seriously, I don't see a reason to whine about Primula being too young, it's not like she's like this (yeh me likes giving extreme examples )!

Tags
bishoujo, drama, ero-game, eroge, navel, pc game, romance, school life, visual novel