AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2008-03-27, 09:59   Link #441
lastchance

God, it's been such a long time since I've done that disk integral. And I really should be able to do it (y'know, being a math major in college and all). Had to look it up. :/ Either way, you obviously get a useless answer, as the answer given will be in terms of a and b. /nerd

And nice. And lol at the answer coming right after I post.
lastchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 16:58   Link #442
puzk
I'm still a Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
its your pick man, i'm just here to answer, i said it will spoil, it will, if you can't wait and wanted to be spoiled, sure go ahead, and like IRJustman said, you have been warned

and did i say anything about you have to wait? no mate

cheers
I watched 10 minutes into the Toei's Version and I said NOOOOooo! ENOUGH! Stopped it right there.

How should I put it? It's pretty far and corny compared to KyoAni's version I thought, it's not worth being spoilt. I've been disappointed with the AIR feature movie in the past, so I should just let it be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastchance
What are the chances that S2 will be released (in numbers, plz)?
nevermind... now that answer is 100%

Last edited by puzk; 2008-03-27 at 17:30. Reason: announced S2 for After Story
puzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 09:50   Link #443
deathreape98
Clannad Preacher

Any rough estimates on when Clannad ~After Story~ will be released?
Old 2008-03-30, 11:19   Link #444
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
Probably around October/November.
Since it seems Kyo-Ani isnt doing anything this Spring, we can assume Haruhi 2 comes summer and Clannad fall.
Shinigami_Mello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 12:20   Link #445
deathreape98
Clannad Preacher

Gah....have to wait that long, probably? *cries*

Hopefully Zero no Tsukaima, 3rd season, will come out soon....to have some anime to whet my appetite...
Old 2008-03-31, 22:10   Link #446
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Sorry if this has been asked and I missed it, but - is the movie version of the back-story for Sunohara and Okazaki canon? Or is it specific to the movie version? I'm thinking specifically of stuff like the shoulder injury and the soccer incident.

I can see why some people aren't that thrilled with the film, but it has it's moments. Any Clannad that give Sunohara some development can't be all bad.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 22:34   Link #447
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Sorry if this has been asked and I missed it, but - is the movie version of the back-story for Sunohara and Okazaki canon? Or is it specific to the movie version? I'm thinking specifically of stuff like the shoulder injury and the soccer incident.

I can see why some people aren't that thrilled with the film, but it has it's moments. Any Clannad that give Sunohara some development can't be all bad.
The shoulder injury and soccer incident kind of are, but kind of aren't. Like, in the essense that they happened, yes. In terms of everything else, no.
Old 2008-03-31, 23:01   Link #448
amoirsp

Since the movie is visual, you can probably assume it was Toei's way to emphasize either the struggle/damage of the incidents or the pure distaste of clubs given the incidents.

Or rather, they animated it to a degree where the magnitude of the damage was sufficient enough to bring about the delinquent attitude.
amoirsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 19:42   Link #449
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post

As far as I know from the game (I've only played a few snippets from Nagisa's school life, mainly those accessible from other characters' stories)...

The shoulder injury and football fight are both canon. However, the way in which they occurred was not elaborated in the game as it was in the movie, i.e. the game does not mention that Okazaki crashed into a window or that Sunohara kicked a teacher in the groin. Additionally, Okazaki got into a fight with his father over the placement of shoes in the game, not because he refused a present.

Anyhow... these are just trivial differences. The general back story is the same so it shouldn't bother you. I think the movie portrayed Okazaki and Sunohara quite accurately (at least in School Life; don't know about After Story). I can't say the same for any other characters.
Yukinokesshou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 08:35   Link #450
arcueidian

so are there any updates on the walkthrough?
arcueidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 16:03   Link #451
amalehuman

I tried looking through this topic, but I couldn't find an answer to the question I have.

Sorry if this has been asked already: Are there any translation patches for After Story?
Old 2008-04-19, 17:11   Link #452
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalehuman View Post
Sorry if this has been asked already: Are there any translation patches for After Story?
There is NO official patch for anything. The patch most people are using was the one released months and months ago as a preliminary build. The final translation patch will include the After Story.
Old 2008-04-19, 17:16   Link #453
amalehuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
There is NO official patch for anything. The patch most people are using was the one released months and months ago as a preliminary build. The final translation patch will include the After Story.

Well, I know it's not official Any idea (source links?) how the progress is on the final translation patch?
Old 2008-04-20, 04:35   Link #454
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by amalehuman View Post
Well, I know it's not official Any idea (source links?) how the progress is on the final translation patch?
There's a thread called "Clannad Game Translation Project." Go there.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 11:27   Link #455
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Can we please move these series to the older series section? They (including Clannad) have finished quite a while ago. The new season already have a few threads and its now getting cluttered.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 11:32   Link #456
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
Can we please move these series to the older series section? They (including Clannad) have finished quite a while ago. The new season already have a few threads and its now getting cluttered.
The reason some of them [Clannad and Hayate no Gotoku off the top of my head] aren't moved probably is because there is a second season impending.

The reason I doubt it's activity is because the Haruhi forum is more active than the Hayate forum.

Actually, now that I think about it, Haruhi has a second season impending, but it's still in the Older Series section.

I now question why I'm posting this if I contracted both of my reasons.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 11:59   Link #457
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
Well, Clannad has atleast gotten a trailer of some sort for the second season, while Haruhi, almost nothing.
That could be it.
Shinigami_Mello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 12:45   Link #458
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Code geass's second season was announced very early. The Admins still put it in older and moved it back up. Plus series like Spice and Wolf and Shana have no sequel announcements.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 12:49   Link #459
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Because of various reasons in term of amount of forums at that point, we didn't move out 6 forums which should be in "older series".

This is rather a matter of time anyway.

Please do not discuss further about that matter. it is completely unrelated to the thread or the series. Just be patient.
Old 2008-05-01, 22:39   Link #460
Shaorin

Is Clannad made by the same creators of AIR?
Shaorin is offline   Reply With Quote