AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2007-12-20, 05:27   Link #1
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

[PC/PSP] Seinarukana: The Spirit of Eternity Sword 2

Mod Note:
This thread continues a conversation that started in the What Ero-games are your favorites at the moment? thread.
-----

Repacking tools seem to be working fine, so I'm pretty serious about translating this. I'm only planning on doing the battle system for now, and hopefully spark some interest for a full translation some time in the far far future .
Anyway, I'm horrible at messing around with fonts, so I could really use some help from any experienced image editors / typesetters. Another translator or fifty would also help .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
You're nuts, but good pick

I was totally aiming for a Nozomu+Nozomi ending, only to find out that I was stuck with Naya for the first playthrough. I think I gave up somewhere during my second playthrough, it was just too much work having to lvl every "rejoined" character up to date from their first endgame levels (29~30) (that and maybe I shouldn't have picked hard mode).

One game I'd like to see animated though.
Yeah, leveling up after going to hard mode is annoying. I played normal twice just to build up mana reserves (about 2.5 million I think) and pick up any stray skills before going on to hard mode, and it hasn't been too bad so far. Ran out of mana reserves somewhere around chapter 7, but that's about when mana starts flowing much more freely, so most of my characters are nearing level 60. Just Narukana stuck at piddly level 32 now .

We need a Seinarukana thread in here...

Last edited by selkirk; 2008-10-10 at 09:11.
selkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 07:57   Link #2
MeganeShounen
Huh?

@selkirk:

You're a pretty busy person... Prism Ark, Nanoha and Seinarukana... well, good luck on *all* of your endeavors. If you even manage to pull off any of those, lots of otaku would probably be pledging their firstborn to you.

And for a moment there, I wondering why Narukana was left behind in lvls.... not much for being "warrior material"?

P.S. You can probably ask relentless about that thread... or you can simply combine all your current TL threads into one uber "selkirk's TL Thread of Wonder".
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 08:41   Link #3
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
And for a moment there, I wondering why Narukana was left behind in lvls.... not much for being "warrior material"?
Okay, I know you don't play Seinarukana, but...you did not just say that. Narukana-sama is the most hax character in the game. That and she's like Haruhi, except that she makes good on her threats!

Anyways, after fooling around with Seinarukana for quite some time, I've figured out something: no matter how hard you wanna change the character's stats, you can't. Well, except for IP, Mana and Max HP. The attack and defense stats are strictly locked. And here I was thinking I could have fun with it.

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2007-12-20 at 09:43.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 15:23   Link #4
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

The game's title has her name in it after all, lol.
Old 2007-12-20, 17:42   Link #5
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
Narukana is the cheapest unit ever, she could probably beat the game on her own.

Narukana's lvl thing is hinted in my last post: during the second (or subsequent) playthrough, characters join the party with their endgame stats from the first (or last) playthrough. For example, at the end of the first playthrough, most characters should be around lv30 (which is the cap for the first playthrough). So all characters will carry that level over to the next playthrough.

This isn't much of a problem for characters like Nozomu or Nozomi, who are the initial party members. In hard mode, 30 levels are added to every enemy (so enemies who used to be level 1 are now level 31). So you're basically starting the game with lv30 party members against lv31 enemies.

The problem comes in for members who join the party later in the game. By then, the level of your party and enemies could be in the 40s or even 50s, while the rejoined member is still stuck at lv30. Until you could pull that character back up to speed (which might take a lot of time and mana, especially if the level gap is wide), that character is pretty much useless (not to mention they're still using their now-outdated skillsets from the first playthrough).

Narukana is the last member to join the party, so the problem is the biggest with her. I guess the first playthrough was the only time where she gets to run all over the place and obliterate everything in her path?
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 18:18   Link #6
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
Narukana is the last member to join the party, so the problem is the biggest with her. I guess the first playthrough was the only time where she gets to run all over the place and obliterate everything in her path?
Not really. I did the Narukana route on my second playthrough (normal), so with her ultra-route-skills-of-pwnage, she's still one of the best defenders in Hard mode, even at level 30 (1500-1500 counter defense for 1 mana? ). As an attacker, she's not too amazing by that point, but still better than some like Nozomi at breaking through the defender. So she doesn't quite obliterate everything anymore, but she's still not bad. Too bad Narukana is SLOW, especially compared to all the black characters with high IP and the Final Velocity speed booster. I remember I had some stages in 2nd playthrough (normal) where Katima cleared the entire map by herself .

Subaru on the other hand was pretty good in normal, but is deadweight in Hard.
Old 2007-12-20, 18:51   Link #7
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
Not really. I did the Narukana route on my second playthrough (normal), so with her ultra-route-skills-of-pwnage, she's still one of the best defenders in Hard mode, even at level 30 (1500-1500 counter defense for 1 mana? ). As an attacker, she's not too amazing by that point, but still better than some like Nozomi at breaking through the defender. So she doesn't quite obliterate everything anymore, but she's still not bad. Too bad Narukana is SLOW, especially compared to all the black characters with high IP and the Final Velocity speed booster. I remember I had some stages in 2nd playthrough (normal) where Katima cleared the entire map by herself .

Subaru on the other hand was pretty good in normal, but is deadweight in Hard.
Ooooh. You just had to remind me of just how much a map clearer Katima is. I agree about Narukana's problem being left behind in levels once you change difficulties, but the moment she catches up, she goes back to being 'Narukana-sama".

Her skills are just so...so...pain-inducing. Also, I don't remember Narukana-sama being that slow, as she was faster than my Nozomu and Nozomi, if I remember correctly.
Old 2007-12-20, 19:53   Link #8
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Narukana's IP is 23/24 if I remember correctly so yes, she is fastest that Nozomu (17) and Nozomi (19?). Though, the fastest character would be Sorluska with +30 IP. Thanks to his high IP and that % Material attack I was able to clear the map really fast in the Hard and Very Hard modes.

By the way, I had this bug while playing. The stats of my characters, while in battle, would never be higher than 500% even though, when you are in the map, the status screen indicates +500% the stats. Did anyone had this same problem?
Old 2007-12-20, 19:54   Link #9
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Ooooh. You just had to remind me of just how much a map clearer Katima is. I agree about Narukana's problem being left behind in levels once you change difficulties, but the moment she catches up, she goes back to being 'Narukana-sama".

Her skills are just so...so...pain-inducing. Also, I don't remember Narukana-sama being that slow, as she was faster than my Nozomu and Nozomi, if I remember correctly.
A large part of why Narukana's so good is that she has a good mix of attack skills that are all heavily skewed to either material or force damage. As an offensive-style all-rounder, she's unbeatable; I don't think anyone is better at breaking through the enemy defender as easily. Too bad her support skills aren't all that useful, especially with the lack of any Av skills.

Hmmm, add Jatzieta as another who isn't pulling her weight in Hard mode. Maybe I just never got her skills... I use her as an force Attacker now, since her support skills are kinda sub-par now.

Oh, and slow as in slower than AR Katima and Zetsu/Sorlusca/Naya with a level 10 Sands of Time . Nozomu and Nozomi are just REALLY slow. Let's not mention Salles .

One porblem with Seinarukaa though, is the (low number of) choices in the ADV parts. IIRC, in the Satsuki route I only made 8 or 9 choices, and three of those were "inside" or "outside".

Last edited by selkirk; 2007-12-20 at 20:14.
selkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 21:30   Link #10
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I haven't started Seinarukana yet, but I took one look at a walkthrough for the game and my mind went spinning. How do you decide which heroine you want to go for? Is there a set order in which you have to complete the game?
Old 2007-12-20, 22:38   Link #11
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
I haven't started Seinarukana yet, but I took one look at a walkthrough for the game and my mind went spinning. How do you decide which heroine you want to go for? Is there a set order in which you have to complete the game?
No set order. It sounds complicated at first, but not really.

You get affection points for the girls if:
You choose their option in ADV mode (+1)
They get the MVP while they're in Nozomu's party (+1)
They fight the Boss while in Nozomu's party (+1)
You choose a girl in the Izumo shrine sub-path (+2)

Narukana-sama's path is only available on the second playthrough. If you choose to hold her hand, then you will be able to get her route, and her route alone. It's pretty much a guaranteed thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
A large part of why Narukana's so good is that she has a good mix of attack skills that are all heavily skewed to either material or force damage. As an offensive-style all-rounder, she's unbeatable; I don't think anyone is better at breaking through the enemy defender as easily. Too bad her support skills aren't all that useful, especially with the lack of any Av skills.

Hmmm, add Jatzieta as another who isn't pulling her weight in Hard mode. Maybe I just never got her skills... I use her as an force Attacker now, since her support skills are kinda sub-par now.

Oh, and slow as in slower than AR Katima and Zetsu/Sorlusca/Naya with a level 10 Sands of Time . Nozomu and Nozomi are just REALLY slow. Let's not mention Salles .

One porblem with Seinarukaa though, is the (low number of) choices in the ADV parts. IIRC, in the Satsuki route I only made 8 or 9 choices, and three of those were "inside" or "outside".
True, but Narukana-sama's support skills...christ. Damage enemies and absorb the damage to HP?

Jatzieta is quite powerful. Seriously. Naya beats her at damage-dealing, though. Salles, Nozomu and Nozomi are SLOW.

The reason as to why there aren't much choices is because affection is also affected by battle actions, not choices alone. See above.

Hey, at least in Narukana-sama's route, you don't have to make 'those' choices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishida View Post
Narukana's IP is 23/24 if I remember correctly so yes, she is fastest that Nozomu (17) and Nozomi (19?). Though, the fastest character would be Sorluska with +30 IP. Thanks to his high IP and that % Material attack I was able to clear the map really fast in the Hard and Very Hard modes.

By the way, I had this bug while playing. The stats of my characters, while in battle, would never be higher than 500% even though, when you are in the map, the status screen indicates +500% the stats. Did anyone had this same problem?
Just so I can confirm it...did you patch up to version 6? And you aren't using any SSGs?

EDIT: Disregard what the battle stats show you. The stats are still there, and I've just finished testing it. Disregard the 500% limit in battle, its nonexistent.

Test was done using SSG and Level 1 Nozomu, fresh out of New Game. Stats were maxed, but in battle, he only did 1627 damage, even though the stats while in the world map showed his attacks beyond 999%, and his battle stats as up to 500%.

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2007-12-20 at 23:05.
Old 2007-12-20, 23:38   Link #12
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
True, but Narukana-sama's support skills...christ. Damage enemies and absorb the damage to HP?

Jatzieta is quite powerful. Seriously. Naya beats her at damage-dealing, though. Salles, Nozomu and Nozomi are SLOW.
For six mana though, and since she has no Mana boosting spells or good リディネス defenses (try as I might, I still can't puzzle out what that's supposed to be in English...), that's only one shot per battle. Unless she doesn't go AR, but that's a waste of her good all-roundedness, and Dark Spring-ing her isn't too efficient.

Naya has a huge advantage in that she starts with 3 support mana, for an instant Flame Shower. I still used Jatzieta a lot in Normal, but so far her normal skill set isn't really doing enough damage, and for some reason I still haven't gotten the Permanent Wills to upgrade her... (Chapter 9 Hard Katima route).
Old 2007-12-20, 23:43   Link #13
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Now I get what you mean.

It's been a while since I've played Seinarukana, but I'm sure that I had a good set-up with Narukana-sama, I just can't remember what it is. Three turns of kicking ass then using her 6 Mana spell to incinerate everybody in one turn, that is if anybody's still left alive. Then again, I didn't really need to use it until the Golems came around, but considering the availability of Narukana-sama during that time...

True, Naya has a lead against Jatzieta. I'm just...not particularly adamant at using Red characters, though, stemming from my EnA 1 days. I just use them to tank the support skills from enemy Red Minions, use their Support Skills to burn up the Attacker, and that's it.

Here's a question: did anyone have a problem against the boss in Ruptna's world the first time you fight him?
Old 2007-12-21, 09:29   Link #14
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

The Huge Samurai, right?

I got killed the first time >.> I just thought Satsuki's Vanisher (Energ Leak) could stop his Haidora Set Up Spell (Summons his Saint Beast) but, of course, I was wrong and my whole party got killed when that thing appeared.

In my second try I came up with a little strategy. And used Ruputna, Jatzieta and Nozomu.

With that party only Nozomu recieved damage whenever I changed him to the Defender Position and only because I used Inspire at the beggining of the fight.
Old 2007-12-21, 10:00   Link #15
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishida View Post
The Huge Samurai, right?

I got killed the first time >.> I just thought Satsuki's Vanisher (Energ Leak) could stop his Haidora Set Up Spell (Summons his Saint Beast) but, of course, I was wrong and my whole party got killed when that thing appeared.

In my second try I came up with a little strategy. And used Ruputna, Jatzieta and Nozomu.

With that party only Nozomu recieved damage whenever I changed him to the Defender Position and only because I used Inspire at the beggining of the fight.
Heheh, yep. That guy. Lots of people seem to have trouble with him, but with Nozomu's Aura Shield 2 and the right party set up, he's easy.

He does get annoying later on, though, when he camps in a town.

For the sake of documentation, I'm at the start of Chapter 2 all over again, but...man, I can't wait to get to the awesomeness that are Katima and Ruputna! Mainly Ruputna, because I just like her so much! Next to Narukana-sama, that is.
Old 2007-12-21, 10:45   Link #16
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Ruputna es great the first time you get her but, when you go into the Hard and Very Hard mode where all enemies have like +30000HP her skills lack the power to break through the defender or to kill an enemy in one/two turns.

Katima is a lot better. She's fast, have some useful Support Skill and Deadly Attack Skill that can defeat a enemy in one turn. Her early Defense Skills suck but, she gets some good ones later.

However, my favorite is Naya. Her Route Permanent Wills are AWESOME. Her Route Defense skill has 800 M and 9999 F Plus, it's a リディネス that increases Defense, Attack and Force by 50% three times for the rest of the battle. That's a +150% for those three. Add to it the fact that all this bonuses will affect the Attacker and the Supporter if they get hit while she is defending.
Old 2007-12-21, 11:06   Link #17
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Yep, it's the ones with M/F+% damage skills that really pull through in Super Hard mode.

Then again, aside from skills completion, there really isn't much incentive for people to try out the harder difficulties.

I've actually finished the game, though on Ruputna's route, but that was when I didn't understand a thing. XD My replay now is much better.
Old 2007-12-22, 14:49   Link #18
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
The character who caught my eye on the Homepage is Euphoria the Everlasting. Does she have a route?

I haven't started Seinarukana either, but I plan to once I finish Kichiku-Oh Rance and then Aselia. It looks like a game that focuses more on the gameplay than on the ADV portions, something I wish Prism Ark would do more often.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 15:20   Link #19
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
The character who caught my eye on the Homepage is Euphoria the Everlasting. Does she have a route?

I haven't started Seinarukana either, but I plan to once I finish Kichiku-Oh Rance and then Aselia. It looks like a game that focuses more on the gameplay than on the ADV portions, something I wish Prism Ark would do more often.
Euphoria has no route. She is, however, sinfully cute and adorable.

The gameplay of Seinarukana is okay, but I wouldn't say that it focuses more on it than on the ADV. I'd say that Sengoku Rance would be that type of eroge, instead of Seinarukana.

On a sidenote, Katima going "haa haa" over Chibi Monobe is...hilarious.

Oh, and apparently, you can mess around with the stats. Only, there's a limit to the "maximum" stat value that you can put in.

Also, the 500% stat limit in battle is still something that should be disregarded.

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2007-12-23 at 11:46.
Old 2007-12-24, 14:26   Link #20
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Euphoria has no route. She is, however, sinfully cute and adorable.

The gameplay of Seinarukana is okay, but I wouldn't say that it focuses more on it than on the ADV. I'd say that Sengoku Rance would be that type of eroge, instead of Seinarukana.

On a sidenote, Katima going "haa haa" over Chibi Monobe is...hilarious.

Oh, and apparently, you can mess around with the stats. Only, there's a limit to the "maximum" stat value that you can put in.

Also, the 500% stat limit in battle is still something that should be disregarded.
When you say mess around with the stats do you mean there are stat tweaking items or that you can actually just change them in the options menu.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battle action, ero-game, eroge, fantasy, rpg, visual novel