AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2008-01-07, 20:24   Link #41
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Oh god. Such win ;__;

Damnit, I wish I understood Japanese -_-

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 03:09   Link #42
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

The lolicons win:

http://www.xuse.co.jp/product/narukana/enq.html

And the banner across the top is adorable.
Old 2008-01-10, 04:36   Link #43
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

The popularity contest? Yeah, Euphoria-chan won the top spot with Narukana-sama in second. I can't remember when the polls ended, though.

It's no surprise. A lot of the people who played Seinarukana are Eien no Aseria fans - that, and Euphoria-chan's completely adorable moe overload gave her the edge over other characters. She's just so adorable!
Old 2008-01-10, 07:58   Link #44
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

*Chuckles* Tsundere Talia is in 6th place? Ah well, that's not too shabby for a girl who's a side charecter, not even a main charecter.

I was a bit disappointed to find that there is no Talia route -_- I saw her and went, "This is win! This! Is! Talia!" and pretty much lost my heart to her.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 08:13   Link #45
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Yeah, Talia's awesome! Too bad that her heart belongs to Salles. XD

I rather like her attack animation when performing Hailstorm.
Old 2008-01-10, 20:55   Link #46
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Can you just install the newest patch or do you have to install earlier patches first?
Old 2008-01-11, 00:26   Link #47
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

I'm not sure. What I did was install patches 1.01, 1.02, then straight to 1.04 and 1.06.
Old 2008-01-11, 20:23   Link #48
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

How do you get MVPs?

(Yeah I broke down and I'm playing the game too. Very fun so far---only in ch 2 though)

EDIT: Which one's the sand clock?

Last edited by Newprimus; 2008-01-11 at 23:08.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 00:53   Link #49
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

The MVP is determined by who gets the most kills. The affection point gained from a heroine being the MVP only applies if she's been racking up kills while in Nozomu's party. If a heroine becomes an MVP while an All Rounder, or in a different party, the affection point isn't added.

The sand clock is available in Katima and Satsuki's Artifact creation list. 時の砂, I think that's the one, can't remember the exact kanji so I'm going with what I remember.

My advice is to try your best to grab SS rankings in every mission, and unlock Nozomu's Aura Shield 2 ASAP. It'll save you a lot of frustration in Chapters 3 and 4.
Old 2008-01-12, 02:37   Link #50
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

What are SS rankings?
Old 2008-01-12, 05:17   Link #51
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

At the end of each mission, you get graded, and SS is the highest ranking. The ranking depends on how quick you beat the mission (Total IP), and losses on both sides. Your own losses really cut into your grading, so don't let any of your characters die if you can help it.

You can get the Permanent Will for Nozomu's Aura Shield 2 if you get an SS rank on the first mission of chapter 3.

Walkthrough / Info site: http://narukana.basci.net/?FrontPage
Old 2008-01-13, 02:05   Link #52
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Is SS right after A or is there an S rank as well? What's the exact IP value you have to finish the mission under to get SS rank?
Old 2008-01-13, 02:23   Link #53
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

There's A, S, then SS. It's not just the IP that counts in your overall rank, there's also the number of kills and towns occupied. So you can either finish the mission fast, but not kill everything that's on the map, or finish a little slower but conquer every town en route to the goal. But when it comes to SS ranks, though, I'm pretty sure (not exactly 100% sure) that you have to finish in the alloted IP or less, AND have every town occupied/enemy eliminated.

The exact IP values are listed in this guide, the one that selkirk posted. For example, in Chapter 2, the very first mission must have you finishing in equal to or less than IP 474 in order to get an SS rank.

You might sweat over it the first few times, but once you get the hang of it, getting an SS becomes easy. It's only a bother at the start because of the relatively low mana supply, compounded with the need to "reinforce" your troops.
Old 2008-01-13, 03:02   Link #54
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Guh, ch2 last mission in 747 IP?.... I made it barely over 1000 and I still couldn't take every town. Goodness sakes.

On another note,
Spoiler:
is the funniest thing I've read in a good while.
Old 2008-01-13, 03:29   Link #55
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Well, if it helps, the guide lists ways on how you can achieve SS rankings.
Old 2008-01-13, 04:10   Link #56
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

I wouldn't worry too much about getting SS ranks. The Permanent Will you get as a bonus for SS rank is usually the same as the next mission's boss/highest drop, which while nice to have early, doesn't make too much of a difference. S rank bonus permanent wills are usually the boss drop from the current mission.
  • If you do try to get the SS ranks, definitely build a Sands of Time artifact as the first thing you do. Sorluska and Katima usually have the highest level for those, with Sorluska building faster, but at a much higher cost.
  • Also, don't bother with reinforcing on every mission if possible; just store up mana, and have one mission to do all the reinforcing you need, rather than stopping every couple of towns.
  • The All-rounders you use can also make a pretty big difference, but early on you don't have many choices. No one really has any all-attack skills, but both Sorluska and Katima are fast, and can do damage with all three of their slots (regular attack, counter defense, support attack). Red characters can do a lot of damage, but are kinda weak defense-wise to use as an all-rounder.
  • Alternatively, you could use the various black characters to bring up the IP's of other groups, and usually that's just enough time to do everything and get an SS if you don't waste any time. Dump the slow characters as well, like the green Cryst girl. The black and red ones can help boost up IP by a point or two, and can do some damage in either Support or Attack positions.
Old 2008-01-13, 05:07   Link #57
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

I just finish with super hard mode with Satsuki route. I must say it was a lot easier than normal mode on my first play round.

And Euphie is better Narukana :P
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 05:57   Link #58
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

While Euphioria-chan is indeed awesome, no words can sum up my reaction to your statement. So I'll put it in picture form instead!

Old 2008-01-13, 06:21   Link #59
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

LOL

well in long fight narukana is better, but in very short fight I think Euphie is better. Especially in hard and super hard.

Love the 'dust to dust' -> 'mana link' -> 'doom judgement' combo.
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 07:21   Link #60
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Definitely. Her Mana Link + Doom Judgement is just flat out obscene. I do love Narukana-sama's Fraberum attack, as it has a Force Percentage damage, and it's Pe (Penetrate)! Plus, if you have Reincarnation as your support skill, you basically have two turns of Fraberum until Narukana-sama uses Reincarnation. If the enemy isn't dead yet, they will be! Then there's Narukana-sama's Immortal Mirror defense skill, which has a C (Counter) property.

I do wish that Narukana-sama's Primordial One was a bit more useful. Come on, it takes 3 Mana, and has M: 16% F: 3300 damage, but I wish it was at least able to penetrate Protection skills. Although, Primordial One does come with 自マナチャージ増加, 敵全能力リセット, and 敵マナチャージ減少...

I guess it all boils down to "different strokes for different folks". Pity that Ruptna doesn't get any percentage damage skills in Super Hard. ;__; It would've made her much more useable.

Tags
battle action, ero-game, eroge, fantasy, rpg, visual novel