AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2005-12-18, 21:55   Link #1
Greenish Growth

Elf ban Kakyuusei

Recovery Post:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

darkchibi07 2005-01-11 00:12

Elf ban Kakyuusei

Ok, the first episode is out, and I noticed the comment said, "Adult content, but not hentai."

Exactly how adult is it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greenish Growth 2005-01-11 00:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07
Ok, the first episode is out, and I noticed the comment said, "Adult content, but not hentai."

Exactly how adult is it?

If we're talking about the R2 DVDs (which is probably where they subbed it from), the series is somewhat ecchi. but it's not even in the same map as shows such as Raimuiro Senkitan or Green Green.

NoSanninWa 2005-01-11 00:50

It is adult enough that they made two different version of the final episode. One version is too hentai to list on our site. I hope that they subtitle the less ecchi version or else it won't be listed.

BTW I got this information from websites, I never actually saw it myself. Maybe someone else, like Greenish Growth can tell us more about the final episode?

Greenish Growth 2005-01-11 01:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
It is adult enough that they made two different version of the final episode. One version is too hentai to list on our site. I hope that they subtitle the less ecchi version or else it won't be listed.

BTW I got this information from websites, I never actually saw it myself. Maybe someone else, like Greenish Growth can tell us more about the final episode?

The laserdiscs and tapes have an adult and non-adult version of the fourth episode. The R2 DVD only has a non-adult version of the fourth episode.

The adult version has a two minute H-scene at the end of it.

The non-adult version eliminates the H-scene, but adds additional scenes that aren't in the adult version. The additional scenes include a scene of Mizuho brushing her teeth (for you teeth brushing fans out there) and a scene near the end of [spoiler] and [spoiler] talking about their relationship.

Personally I prefer the non-adult version because of the additional ending dialog scene and because the H-scene is already so heavily implied in it. You don't necessarily have to see it to know what happened. It's very obvious.

Marine-RX179 2005-01-11 01:12

Well, I happen to own the Video-CD for this 4 episodes OVA. The story is pretty decent and as for the reason for why it is said to be adult, but not hentai....because that's how it is.

Even though there is a h-scene of merely 1-2 minute at the very very end of the final episode, and the focus of this anime is the story, not the h-content, that's why I agree that it is not hentai as well (and even though there is a h-scene, it's not showing the 'vital body parts' as most hentai do).

mangatron 2005-01-12 20:07

Hmm, I too watched ep 4, and didn't know which kind it was [I have bad japanese]till I came across the h-scene. Yur right, nothing special, almost 2 min scene, but I'd like to see the non h version. I'm up for good endings

Sailor Enlil 2005-01-12 20:54

At least this series is finally being subbed. I came across synopses of both the Kakyuusei 1 Elf Ban OAV and the TV series, and I liked the story of the Elf ban OAV better, and I get the feeling I'll like it's romance story even better than Kakyuusei 2 (which I like mainly for the humor).

Marine-RX179 2005-01-13 01:21

Kakyuusei 1 Elf Ban OAV is short, that makes it much more focus on the story and the 2-3 main characters...which is good in its own way. Oftenly some anime/manga got dragged too long and make people start to lose interest in it.

I like Kakyuusei 1 TV too, but same as you I like Kakyuusei 1 Elf Ban OAV better. And yea, the Kakyuusei 2 anime is more about the comedy than story (Story? what story? ahem. It just feel a bit too random...but considering they have to fit all the girls into just 13 episodes, guess we can't blame them)

Speaking of Kakyuusei 1, there is a screensaver for it with great animation, music background and voices, it look almost just like an anime, and it was like 1 Gig (if I remember right) in size. It IS one of the best screensaver I've seen...may be I should ask my cousin to see if he still got it around and pinch it off him.

PGilis 2005-01-14 07:16

In my case, i like KAKYUUSEI TV better, because it focuses on my all-time favorite Kakyuusei girl, Minamizato Ai Still, i like very much this OVA series, too. Very cute, colorful, romantic and good pacing. I will keep watching for sure.

By any chance, you guys think that "other" final episode will be fansubtitled too?

Sailor Enlil 2005-01-14 08:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis
By any chance, you guys think that "other" final episode will be fansubtitled too?

If you're referring to the H version of the final ep, perhaps it will be fansubbed as well, but AnimeSuki won't host any torrents to it nor allow anyone to post links to it here in the forums (it would violate their policies). If ever it does gets released, better rely on Google to find it.

Chii-chan 2005-07-05 05:31

question about Elf Ban Kakyuusei

what the difference between Elf Ban Kakyuusei and Kakyuusei 1???? I was looking for Elf Ban Kakyuusei on DVD and couldn't find it any where but when i looked at Kakyuusei the girls on the covers are the same girls in whats said to be Elf Ban Kakyuusei

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/(mint,simp...e/kakyusei.html

if you look for the Kakyusei Directors Cut Volumes you'll see that some of the girls from "Elf Ban Kakyuusei" are on there. I'm just wondering if someone got it mixed up or if there is just something i'm missing

Sailor Enlil 2005-07-05 08:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chii-chan
what the difference between Elf Ban Kakyuusei and Kakyuusei 1???? I was looking for Elf Ban Kakyuusei on DVD and couldn't find it any where but when i looked at Kakyuusei the girls on the covers are the same girls in whats said to be Elf Ban Kakyuusei

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/(mint,simp...e/kakyusei.html

if you look for the Kakyusei Directors Cut Volumes you'll see that some of the girls from "Elf Ban Kakyuusei" are on there. I'm just wondering if someone got it mixed up or if there is just something i'm missing

Elf Ban Kakyuusei is the 4-episode OAV where the leading female is the school idol Mizuho. Kakyuusei 1 is the 1st season TV series where the lead female is the shy underclassman Ai. Both versions have the same setting and share almost the same cast, save the leading male.

There's also another Kakyuusei OAV which is hentai, but other than the fact that it has 3 episodes, I have no other information about it.

Greenish Growth 2005-07-05 14:15

There's four "Kakyuusei" anime. The first one has nothing to do with the later three:

1. Kakyuusei OVA (4 episodes)(1995):
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/enc...ime.php?id=2392
The girl's school uniforms are orangish-red and white with light green trim. This was a four episode "hentai" anime. Made by Pink Pineapple, but not related to any of the Elf games.

2. Elf ban Kakyuusei OVA (4 episodes)(1997-1998):
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/enc...ime.php?id=2393
The girl's school uniforms are mostly dark red with dark blue trim. Based off the first Kakyuusei game characters. Mizuho and Miko are the main characters in this anime.

3. Kakyuusei TV series (13 + 1 bonus episode)(1999):
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/enc...nime.php?id=179
The girl's school uniforms are mostly dark red with dark blue trim. Based off the first Kakyuusei game characters. Ai and Miyuki are the main characters in this anime.

4. Kakyuusei 2 TV series (13 episodes)(2004):
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/enc...ime.php?id=4487
The girl's school uniforms are dark red and white with dark gray skirts. Based off the second Kakyuusei game characters.

Chii-chan 2005-07-05 15:43

do you know if Elf Ban Kakyuusei is on DVD and where I can find?

Greenish Growth 2005-07-05 19:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chii-chan
do you know if Elf Ban Kakyuusei is on DVD and where I can find?

I got the two Elf ban Kakyuusei R2 DVDs over at CD Japan:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/search.htm...&word=kakyuusei

Volume 1 is numbered KSXA-53697 (for episodes 1-2)
Volume 2 is numbered KSXA-53698 (for episodes 3-4)

kuru 2005-07-09 09:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenish Growth
There's four "Kakyuusei" anime. The first one has nothing to do with the later three:

1. Kakyuusei OVA (4 episodes)(1995):
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/enc...ime.php?id=2392
The girl's school uniforms are orangish-red and white with light green trim. This was a four episode "hentai" anime. Made by Pink Pineapple, but not related to any of the Elf games.

First 2 episode released in English by ADV's adult division (Softcel Pictures) under the name "End of Summer". That was something like a decade ago. Someone should fansub the last 2 episodes as it's obvious ADV won't ever released them.

Someone should continue Kakyuusei TV too.

Greenish Growth 2005-07-09 09:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuru
First 2 episode released in English by ADV's adult division (Softcel Pictures) under the name "End of Summer". That was something like a decade ago. Someone should fansub the last 2 episodes as it's obvious ADV won't ever released them.

I think you're thinking of "First Loves".The first two episodes of the Kakyuusei OAV (1995) were released under the title of "First Loves" by SoftCel, but you're right. ADV is not going to release the later two episodes after all these years.

I wish someone would fansub Doukyuusei 2. There are TV aired versions of the edited OVA episodes out there. So if someone wanted to fansub only non-adult anime they could use the edited versions instead of the adult versions.

Last edited by Greenish Growth; 2005-12-18 at 22:08.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote