AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 13 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 43 18.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 16.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 39 16.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 52 22.51%
6 out of 10 : Average 23 9.96%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 3.03%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 4.76%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 2.60%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 1.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 3.90%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-29, 14:37   Link #241
ironbomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleh View Post
Tsumuhiko's financial conditions were far better than Sakuradas. He wasn't a priest by profession (although we don't get to see that). The feud over inheritence could have been logical assumption by the police since that shrine not only added a bit of local fame to the inheritor but also encompassed a fairly large area that would have yeilded a good amount of money(considering that Tsumuhiko was that type of guy). Also, how do we know that Sakurada didn't know about his cancer condition since high school days and avoided worrying his friends? It could have been that news only leaked out when Nanaka was in mid school. Nanaka stated that this wasn't the first time he was getting thin (when he was in hospital).
You definitely have a point there but by all means still a strong assumption except on the Tsumuhiko's financial status over Sakuraba's....Ofc he could hav ehad cancer since a while and acted the way he did but when Nanaka stated that, we dont know if that was the first time she visited him at the hospital...She could have stated that since she visited him a few times and noticed the change in his figure.

@cors8, oh trust me..I know first hand what alcohol can do and to a relatively close friend....geez dont remind me -_-! But this is all jsut an assumption still..dont know how it all went...
Old 2007-12-29, 15:38   Link #242
Zigheart

well It was actually rushed ending. It looks like they're running out of time.
That made it bad ending.
Old 2007-12-29, 15:58   Link #243
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbomb View Post
I am not sure about the abortion, seems like she couldnt let go of the only thing she has with the violinist...We werent given much detail about there past, open to major speculation. I felt that she didnt want an abortion because of the feelings she has for the violinist. She stated at first she didnt know that it was his child...when did they find out?
I don't really think it is that complicated so I stand by my statement that it was a one off. Those three have best friends since high school so "some" feelings would inevitably be present. But in the end their one off affair wasn't carried on which brings me to think that this isn't about money. Nothing else happened besides that one night but they still continued to be friends while not telling Tsumuhiko for his and Nanaka's sake.

This is just speculation but if the affair and continuation of it was intentional, ie let sensei raise nanaka so she will be more like him then split up with Tsumuhiko to get a portion of the family's fortune...then perhaps she did deserve a beating.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-12-29, 17:15   Link #244
Tiberium Wolf

I must say this was an excellent ending. Murder+suicide. Most love-affair related crimes are like this. If you read the newspapers you see those crimes everyday. People just don't think about the consequences of those back-stabbing actions. It hurts like hell making the victim mad enough to kill.
Old 2007-12-29, 17:25   Link #245
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Who knows why Nanaka's mom didn't marry the violinist over Burn-burn McTorchface. Maybe, just maybe, she actually loved him? People do stop loving each other some times. And if she needed a reason to abort the baby, the husband would have found out her dirty little secret. That would have ended the marriage. It's pretty clear who's fault it is. Sakuraba is a scumbag. If he actually had feelings for Nanaka's mom, he wouldn't have let her marry the other guy, especially with his offspring inside her. The way I see it, their are 2 different but related injustices in this ordeal. The victim of the first injustice is the husband. His wife committed infidelity and he raised a child who wasn't even his own. That can't be forgiven. Ever. The second injustice is the fire. Though too extreme, it was ultimately a result of the first injustice. The victim this time around, more than anyone, is Nanaka. The wife is a secondary victim, who, with her harsh words directed at a madman, might as well have poured the gasoline herself. The trigger of the second injustice is also Sakuraba. He was too cowardly to confess, right up until the final moments of his life. This left the husband with no means of closure, and forced him to lash out at his wife instead. Therefore, I submit that Sakuraba is the true villain of this tale, leaving so many victims behind in his wake.
Old 2007-12-29, 19:05   Link #246
Tiberium Wolf

I think Nanaka's mom was the true villain coz 1st she need to tell her husband that Nanaka wasn't his offspring ASAP and 2nd she shouldn't had Sakuraba so close to the family before telling.

Imagine that after like 10 year into your life, 1 day your wife tell you that the kid you have it's not yours. Kinda a shock isn't it? You wasted 10 years of your life raising a kid that wasn't yours and to make matter worse your child biological dad was a close friend that was interacting with the family everyday. So the situation turns around. You are the extra in the family. Seems like they are the family and you are just a friend that got into their environment.

The fire wasn't efficient method. Normally in this situation you get a gun to shot down your wife and kid and then commit suicide.
Old 2007-12-29, 19:20   Link #247
ironbomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Who knows why Nanaka's mom didn't marry the violinist over Burn-burn McTorchface. Maybe, just maybe, she actually loved him? People do stop loving each other some times. And if she needed a reason to abort the baby, the husband would have found out her dirty little secret. That would have ended the marriage. It's pretty clear who's fault it is. Sakuraba is a scumbag. If he actually had feelings for Nanaka's mom, he wouldn't have let her marry the other guy, especially with his offspring inside her. The way I see it, their are 2 different but related injustices in this ordeal. The victim of the first injustice is the husband. His wife committed infidelity and he raised a child who wasn't even his own. That can't be forgiven. Ever. The second injustice is the fire. Though too extreme, it was ultimately a result of the first injustice. The victim this time around, more than anyone, is Nanaka. The wife is a secondary victim, who, with her harsh words directed at a madman, might as well have poured the gasoline herself. The trigger of the second injustice is also Sakuraba. He was too cowardly to confess, right up until the final moments of his life. This left the husband with no means of closure, and forced him to lash out at his wife instead. Therefore, I submit that Sakuraba is the true villain of this tale, leaving so many victims behind in his wake.
You might be right that if she did decide to abort the baby, it would have expose the secret at least arouse suspicion BUT the wife, herself, stated that she does not know that the baby was not his(priest). Taking her words since she knows herself best, it would kinda put less blame on her BUT by no means am I saying what she done is correct or agreeable. Secondly, we dont know when Sakuraba finds out that Nanaka is his daughter, we only find out after his death and during his scene in the hospital with Tsumihiko. Who knows when Sakuraba notice his feelings for the wife, might be after the marriage had taken place and not sure if it was stated, which I doubt, when they did have sex, before or after the marriage...we just assumed that as well.
Neways, I totally agree that Nanaka is the victim of all this. I really pity her and felt her pain when she recovered her memories.
Old 2007-12-29, 21:05   Link #248
Fweakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
The fire wasn't efficient method. Normally in this situation you get a gun to shot down your wife and kid and then commit suicide.
No, normally in that situation you'd behave like a non-psychotic adult, get angry without committing DA and leave. It creeps me out that some of you think Nanaka's mothers murder was justified.
Old 2007-12-29, 21:27   Link #249
kimchipride
Geass User

It was an alright ending. I guess the pace wasn't bad in this episode except it was awkward when it showed 10 years later and how it ended.
Old 2007-12-29, 21:41   Link #250
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fweakin View Post
No, normally in that situation you'd behave like a non-psychotic adult, get angry without committing DA and leave. It creeps me out that some of you think Nanaka's mothers murder was justified.
Do we need a "Is Nanaka's dad's behavior justified?" thread?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-12-29, 23:14   Link #251
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleh View Post
Tsumuhiko's financial conditions were far better than Sakuradas. He wasn't a priest by profession (although we don't get to see that). The feud over inheritence could have been logical assumption by the police since that shrine not only added a bit of local fame to the inheritor but also encompassed a fairly large area that would have yeilded a good amount of money(considering that Tsumuhiko was that type of guy). Also, how do we know that Sakurada didn't know about his cancer condition since high school days and avoided worrying his friends? It could have been that news only leaked out when Nanaka was in mid school. Nanaka stated that this wasn't the first time he was getting thin (when he was in hospital).
I hope this post helps to clear up one of the two main things I see in some posts. That is we don't really know the situation of Nanaka's parents before they got married. With Saleh's post it is based on points gained from information that the show gave us and thoughts stated in a logical fashion.

Isn't bad enough that Nanaka's dad beat the life out of her mum without then people demonising her with no clear evidence at hand?

The other thing is when people assume that she was confrontational to Nanaka's dad when we don't see any sign of it until after he hit her. We are only shown how Nanaka's dad's rage built up (rather quickly) during the confession, the funeral and with his brother.

The writers obviously wanted us to blame her dad, but to me they treat her mum as a prop to be beaten to death and we the viewers go "omg poor Nanaka, no wonder she is so messed up". As with lots of areas of this show, they could have gone into it in more detail, but due to writing style and lack of time they didn't.

@the points in regards to one injustice leading to another...

The first injustice led to life
The second injustice led to the death of two

The first injustice could of been avoided, by the act of conceiving Nanaka not happening, marrying the bio dad or aborting.

The second injustice could of been avoided, by no first injustice, or since it happened by Nanaka's dad acting like a decent human being instead of a raving loony.

End of the day since the first injustice happened, the only scenarios that doesn't attempt to terminate Nanaka's life is if the bio dad kept the secret, or if her dad did the right thing.

Last edited by grey_moon; 2007-12-29 at 23:28.
Old 2007-12-29, 23:41   Link #252
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Wow great ep, this show ended up being more about the mysteries of each character's past then about the romance. In fact, we never really gotten a proper confession between Sana and Nanaka. All we saw was Sana carrying a ring, I would of really liked to see Sana propose, but I guess that's not possible....

I thought the ending was pretty nice, they resolved both Nanaka's and Sana's ending in one go and pretty smoothly too. It now really makes me want to play the game.
Old 2007-12-30, 01:38   Link #253
changeup

I truly feel that a lot of ppl just come in and cast a 10/10 vote no matter what......

But anyway, I respect other people's opinion, although I already felt that my 7/10 vote is way too high...
Old 2007-12-30, 02:31   Link #254
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post
I truly feel that a lot of ppl just come in and cast a 10/10 vote no matter what......

But anyway, I respect other people's opinion, although I already felt that my 7/10 vote is way too high...
Not that many people did vote 10/10 if you consider it versus the total amount of people voting.
Old 2007-12-30, 02:33   Link #255
DanielSong39

Episode 13 only confirmed that Nanaka is indeed her mother's daughter...

Good luck, Sana. You'll need it.
Old 2007-12-30, 06:05   Link #256
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post

Huh in what way? Arrrggghhh please explain what am I missing?
Old 2007-12-30, 10:15   Link #257
marc_alvin7

^^ Nanaka might end up like her mom (giving birth to another guy's daughter)
Old 2007-12-30, 12:44   Link #258
ironbomb

Quote:

That is just an awful thing to state -_-!
Old 2007-12-30, 13:11   Link #259
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:

Other than looking similar, how'd you come up with this? I didn't see another guy around other than Sana.
Old 2007-12-30, 14:18   Link #260
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
I completely agree, I thought Sakuraba's action was ultimately what started the whole mess and I found his actions on his death bed as a selfish act for his own retribution then to clear away any misunderstandings. The fact that he probably never discussed this with Nanaka's mother didn't help either.