AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-06-21, 00:45   Link #301
Orihararabu

I have a question. Does the manga follow the light novel?
And also, does anyone have a detailed summary of vol. 3 of the light novels ? I can't find the translation anywhere. And i can't find a translation for 4,8 and 9 I think. There could be more :/
Also does anyone know what happens to Izaya in number 11?!?! I have no idea since that hasn't been translated either. Thank you!
Orihararabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 03:11   Link #302
faiz blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kantou View Post
A summary for durarara!!x11
I would like to know where I can find one too. Could you tell me, please?
Old 2012-06-21, 09:03   Link #303
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orihararabu View Post
I have a question. Does the manga follow the light novel?
And also, does anyone have a detailed summary of vol. 3 of the light novels ? I can't find the translation anywhere. And i can't find a translation for 4,8 and 9 I think. There could be more :/
Also does anyone know what happens to Izaya in number 11?!?! I have no idea since that hasn't been translated either. Thank you!
The manga has some variations compared to the LNs but it's the same story with mostly the same scenes.

So far as I know, no one translated volumes 2 or 3 because they correspond to the second half of the anime. Anni Fiesta did number 4 -- if you don't know her site, it's linked from Baka Tsuki's Durarara page.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 09:09   Link #304
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Durarara just sort of... Faded away from the 'public' view.

The sales of the Light Novels are still very good last time I've check- On par with other Dengeki big titles like Index and OreImo, but unlike the other two and their new PSP games, a movie and a second season... there doesn't seem to be much movement for Durarara.

Gotta love Brain Base and their lack of sequels.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 20:41   Link #305
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Durarara also got a psp game,it's just that durarara fans is not as loud and active as ore imo fans due to the different target audience. Male otaku is much more active than their female counterparts it seems, especially for adaptation from the original material. As for index, well, I blame railgun for the hype made by fans. Index fans wasn't that active either before biri-biri got her own anime.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 20:46   Link #306
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Gotta love Brain Base and their lack of sequels.
Well, they have no problems chumming out Natsume season after season do they?
But yeah what gives? Maybe they're waiting until Nartia finishes the series with Vol. 12.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 20:58   Link #307
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Durarara also got a psp game,it's just that durarara fans is not as loud and active as ore imo fans due to the different target audience. Male otaku is much more active than their female counterparts it seems, especially for adaptation from the original material. As for index, well, I blame railgun for the hype made by fans. Index fans wasn't that active either before biri-biri got her own anime.
Well regardless of the reasons, it still doesn't change that things are pretty quiet on this front- Whether it's by the fans or by the Studio.

(Actually I wasn't thinking about the fans at all until you brought it up )

OreImo sure does give alot of treats to their fans, then there's AW and SAO's Anime... You did make a good point on Railgun boosting Index, but more often than not I find that fans of one, doesn't necessary translate to being a fan of the other heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Well, they have no problems chumming out Natsume season after season do they?
But yeah what gives? Maybe they're waiting until Nartia finishes the series with Vol. 12.
Well Natsume seems to be the exception of the rule
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 11:42   Link #308
DurararaFTW

Quote:

I've read about some shocking events ocurring in volume 10 regarding Izaya (one of my favorite characters) and I still have a revolting feeling in the pit of my stomach. Here it is:

SPOILER ALLERT!!!

While on her way to break Shizuo out of jail, Vorona comes across Izaya and deduces that he was the one behind his arrest. Vorona and Izaya begin a very fierce but brief skrimish through the streets until Shizuo and Kuzuhara intervene. Much to everyone's (particularly Izaya's) surprise, Shizuo pays him almost no attention whatsoever and focuses on trying to calm Vorona down. Shizuo explains the situation and rides off with Vorona. Izaya is visibly irritated at how Shizuo was actually able to think reasonably when he was around.

At some point later in the novel Izaya is attacked by Slon who is under the control of the corrupt officer named Kujira who was responsible for arresting Shizuo. It is revealed that Kujira is another rogue child of Saika different from Haruna or Anri and that he is working with Yadogiri Jinnai. Kujira orders Slon to finish Izaya off. As the Novel ends, it is unknown if Izaya is alive, dead, or possessed by Kujira's saika.

Quote:
x11 spoiler
in the beginning, slon attacked izaya and izaya lost consciousness. izaya wanted slon to spy on awakusukai but slon is actually manipulated by saika and on orders to capture izaya. slon tried to bring izaya somewhere, but he bumped into two members of dragon zombie who try to stop him. slon threw izaya at one of the members so he fell down and he punched the other guy unconscious. slon left with izaya.
mikage followed slon and tried to stop him. slon threw izaya at mikage but mikage kicked izaya towards slon. kine used a stun gun against slon. izaya apparently was awake for this but pretended to be unconscious.
shinra formed a small group to share useful information. celty is the leader. the members are walker, shingen, emilia, and mika. later on it becomes a big influence on colour gangs in ikebukuro but nobody knows at this point.
anri asked izaya what he did to mikado and kida. izaya said that he didn’t do anything yet because he’s planning on making things between them more complicated to see how they’ll react in the end when they realise they are fighting over nothing.
dotachin is still in in a coma in the hospital. erika asked anri to get cat ears at a cosplay shop so that dotachin will wake up surrounded by girls wearing cat ears when they visit him. (this isn’t really important at all but i personally found it amusing!)
anri bumped into haruna who asks her to follow her to a park. anri asks haruna if she’s planning on killing her. haruna said that she would if she were younger but will forgive her now and asks to collaborate. anri rejects her offer. haruna thanks her for rejecting her because now she has a reason to fight her.
a live news broadcast says they found a girl’s head on the street in ikebukuro. celty thinks it’s her head.
izaya gets an mri and ct scan at the hospital after being thrown around by slon. the doctor said that there is no abnormality in his brain. izaya is happy because it confirms to him that his personality is his own creation rather than something wrong with his brain.
after getting a call from mikado, izaya checks the news about celty’s head since he hadn’t heard what happened. although the head looked like mika’s, izaya thinks it’s celty’s head and that manami (the suicidal girl who hated izaya for playing games with her who visited him when he was stabbed out of hatred) is behind it in order to ruin his plan completely.
masaomi and chikage fight in a parking lot.
shizuo only appears in the very end of the volume. the guy in the cell next to shizuo was under the influence of saika. he asks shizuo to make a scene so that he can take celty’s head from the police department (since it was brought there for an examination). while shizuo was considering the offer, the police come and release shizuo from jail.
while he walks out of the station, there is an explosion next to the police car. someone by the car leaves with a box. shizuo isn’t sure what happened but he suspects it’s vorona and that the box contains celty’s head. he also thinks that izaya is behind this all somehow and there is a reason he was released from prison so suddenly. he is pretty pissed off at this point.
It's difficult being a Durarara fan, summaries and spoilers are super sparse and what we do get is a pretty slim. I mean, the anime led me to be interested in Mikado and Masaomi. Going by what's available on the internet they've had three conversations and one fight each since novel 7? Yet they already have 2, 3 teams of characters manipulating their conflict from the sidelines.
DurararaFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 12:00   Link #309
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

So there's still no additional information about Mikado, huh?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 12:32   Link #310
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Izaya is visibly irritated at how Shizuo was actually able to think reasonably when he was around.
I loled hard at this part .

Btw, what about relationships, it seems things are not going well for Mikado and Masaomi, but what about Anri? Didn's she had feeling for one of them? Or she just changed and forgot that and just remains as a good friend?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 17:03   Link #311
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
So there's still no additional information about Mikado, huh?
I know a lot of Vol.8 focuses Mikado, Kida and Anri, but most part the novels are usually written from multi-character perspectives. Even more so now since there like 10 new members add to cast.

Man, the anime staff is really going to regret changing Izaya's scene with the suicide girl after looking how important she becomes later in Vol.7 and 11.
Old 2012-07-01, 17:07   Link #312
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I know a lot of Vol.8 focuses Mikado, Kida and Anri, but most part the novels are usually written from multi-character perspectives. Even more so now it like 10 new members add to cast.

Man, the anime staff is really going to regret changing Izaya's scene with the suicide girl after looking how important she becomes later in Vol.7 and 11.
If I'm not wrong that studio is known for not doing any sequel for its anime series.
Old 2012-07-01, 17:14   Link #313
Iron Maw
Banned

I know, but I've pointed out that it's not always the case (see Natsume). IIRC, Durarara! is still BB best selling series and the anime ended more less where Vol.3 did. It's really baffling the sequel is not in the works, or maybe it is the staff is just being tight-lipped about it.
Old 2012-07-19, 04:21   Link #314
hellscythe
black raison d'etre

uhm.. can anyone tell me what happened after the events in the anime series?..... especially to Mikado, Anri and does Kida comes back???
Old 2012-07-19, 06:20   Link #315
Axiszero
The Forsaken Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellscythe View Post
uhm.. can anyone tell me what happened after the events in the anime series?..... especially to Mikado, Anri and does Kida comes back???
Go to baka-tsuki and read the novels
Axiszero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 10:00   Link #316
Utsuro no Hako

Looks like a new translator has picked up the series and has already finished Volume 7. You can find the link on BT's Durarara page.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 15:08   Link #317
Miraluka
Banned

Good news then.
Old 2013-06-21, 21:15   Link #318
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

> I have not been learning Japanese for very long. This means that this translation took me a LONG time. I had to use a program to help me with a huge amount of the kanji present in the book. This also means that there were some sentences throughout the novel that I... really just didn't understand. For these cases, I tried my best to give something that I thought made sense,

IIRC Durarara novels aren't that hard in a sense that they tend to use difficult words/sentences. Hopefully this wouldn't be too much problem in understanding it..

Oh since vol 9 is already translated long ago, I guess there's only vol 8, 10 and 11? I wonder if this guy will continue translating it.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 19:33   Link #319
GundamZZ
残念美人

Is the translator's motivated by the new rumor?

The rumor said Ciel gets her head back, and she loses some memory.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 13:23   Link #320
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Things are really gonna get moving in Volume 13~~~

Anyone here keeping up with Durarara ranobe?

Tags
action, shounen