AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-04, 13:02   Link #101
kobester11

I actually agree with MisaoFan. At first, when I saw the PV I thought "Ah, QUALITY anime..."
But when I watched it, production's not bad at all. Good animation and great camera angles.
What I'm disappointed though is the character design... There's clearly some bias around here. The girls are cute and bodacious while the dudes... Ugh. they're uninspired. MC looks skinny with his long chin while the other males. WTH. The only decent one is the one with the megane.

Soundtrack is good and really suits in the mood. OP is awesome while the ED was forgettable.
All in all, not bad at all!
kobester11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 16:25   Link #102
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 20:03   Link #103
Miraluka
Banned

The first seconds of the opening make(almost) me shout Persona!!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 20:21   Link #104
ion475
にこにこにー

Well...another first impression

Spoiler:
Old 2013-04-04, 20:51   Link #105
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quite a poor start to a show I had hopes for. As Gertrude Stein said, there was "no there there." Awkward and emotionally aimless. But I'll return next week, wrapped in my surviving tatters of hope. Maybe the show will get going then.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 22:45   Link #106
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Herp derp.. Not sure if this is supposed to be funny or just sad. As far as it appears to me, they're trying to depict a character who was smashed in the face by a bus as a child, and is now disfigured.

Spoiler for Ugly:

Instant series turn-off. The gay valley-girl voice isn't helping him either, much less his obsession with MySpace-angle photography. Congratulations Madbox, you made an annoying character.. A little bit.. too annoying.

Last edited by Haruyasha; 2013-04-04 at 22:56.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 00:38   Link #107
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Since I'm a big fan of the original game and have a quite high hope, episode 1 is little bit disappointing although still very interesting.

I like the character design, all the heroines are cute with exception of Sanehara Hikari which I don't know, doesn't look that cute. I like this final version Haruka better than the first promo image or the valentine/white day special, Mai is taller than I imagine when I played the game, and Momoko is.... too big, even though I knew she, along with Rina, is the bustiest of all heroines And maybe because when I play the game, I imagine Maeda looks ordinary but he actually looks quite good-looking on the anime, and Nobunaga does good so far portraying him.

I'm really grateful they make Maeda and Haruka interaction is better than the original game. I was slightly annoyed whenever I go to Haruka event on the game, Maeda will always get nervous/timid and stutter most of the time he's talking to her (reader of Sweet Snap manga will probably know what I mean). As for his interaction with Mai, well Mai is cute as ever <3

I also personally grateful they choose to go to story H with Maeda joins the Photography Club/Sasshin-bu. Because for me, I mostly prefer the girls's story H route than their story L counterpart. I mean, look at the next episode preview with Maeda's trying to take Aki picture

For the music, especially OP and ED, not really a fan but most of the time I rarely listen to the theme song after 2-3 episodes, but I do love some of the animation scenes on both, especially when the girls doing silly pose on the ED like when Aki's holding her hair <3 Was hoping they'll use the soundtracks from the game though since I love most of the game BGMs :3

As for the fan service, I don't really mind it but I hope they don't do too much. It's hard enough with the pre-judgement this series get from the story premise alone

And lastly, since I'm big fan of girls's puffing their cheek, this first episode was heaven with lot of girls doing it XDD
Old 2013-04-05, 03:45   Link #108
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Episode 1.. the quality is ....

Spoiler for Critism:
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 04:46   Link #109
Shadow5YA

Very pretty episode with some detailed visual angles, but the plot itself seems to lack direction. Maeda basically just met every girl and triggered every flag. It is some nice eyecandy, but unlike Amagami I can't seem to tell what route they're going to take. I really hope they're not going to do some generic superroute where they mash up events from every heroine, then force rush a romantic ending in the final few episodes like Koichoco.

Only time will tell.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 05:22   Link #110
Newhope

Pretty dissappointing frist episode, looks like there's going to be no focuss on a single girl and is going to be a mess overall.

I'll give it a couple more episodes but I'll likely drop it if it continues in the same vain.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 05:38   Link #111
Natsu_
Yoroshiku ne!

Because I had thought he would join the photo-bu Perhaps, but he chose the shashin-bu, it was little surprising.
Natsu_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 05:54   Link #112
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quite disliked the first episode; it didn't really even try to develop a plot or character and turned out to be a campy, fanservice-y mess. One can only hope things will improve from this point, because I fear it'll turn out to be just another stereotypical blob show.

Also, 55mm lenses don't zoom in that far and that quickly. Not a problem to the show itself, but for how much focus it seems they'll be giving to it, it seems the DSLR will just be a prop.
Old 2013-04-05, 07:22   Link #113
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Commenting about the lack of plot, I think it's because if we see the time table from the game, the whole episode 1 was still the first day, which on the game is is still the prologue/introduction of the characters.

But yeah, it's also fail to do right introduction of, at least, the main characters except maybe for Maeda and Haruka. Heck, Aki and Rina don't even properly interact with Maeda
Old 2013-04-05, 08:28   Link #114
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Unlike most people here, I think episode 1 had a certain charm to it. Or maybe it was all the >:-T faces, which I admittedly find very cute.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 10:01   Link #115
Midonin
Last Engage

PhotoKano 01 - Nonoka 7/16

Looking through a camera is inherently going to be a visual thing. So maybe this isn't taking quite the same approach as, say, Tamayura, but all the fanservice feels like it's just part of the show. It's there. Not detracting that much - the personalities of the girls are their real cuteness points, and while this episode had to introduce a lot of them, there's enough episodes for all of them to get at least one focus. That's what I've liked about this trilogy. Though the character designs may not deviate much from a "realistic" palette, the character personalities pop off the screen as much as any anime. I think I might enjoy this one, depending on how well the photos and the fanservice are carried off.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 10:08   Link #116
backbone
Banned

Gotta post my impression about first episode
Spoiler:

Not good, but not bad either, everything simply went away like a wind and when i realized it the show already ended, leaving behind no impression whatsoever

My main complaint is the OP song. Bleh, it was bland, and literally bland with no any dynamics nor outstanding rythm, even i had to skip it due to its utter blandness
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 10:29   Link #117
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The first episode was a bit of a mess, story wise. The MC goes from girls to girls leaving no time for the viewers to get acquainted with them. I can't even tell what their names are. The fact there are so many of them doesn't help. I'm not sure what kind of approach they're going to use given that they only have 12 episodes to work with. It won't work if they try to balance all of the girls' screentime.

Chara design is very pleasing to the eyes. Animation is decent. Favorite girl so far is the imouto because she reminded me of Miya (Amagami). Too bad she's not a main character.
Old 2013-04-05, 10:36   Link #118
Silverwyrm

Started great for me then went slowly downhill until it got to the photo club part and...MEH. I will come back next week but I am not expecting a whole not now. It seemed like there would be some depth to the picture taking then the usual group of dumbass panty shotters shows up and ruins the mood by overwhelming everything else with overused juvenile desire. Still, MC doesn't seem all *that* interested in devoting himself to borderline ero so hopefully it will have some depth/meaning.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 11:24   Link #119
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Couldn't even go beyond the OP (2 mins in) - the OP song bored me to death and the level of fanservice in it alone makes me want to roll my eyes into the back of my head. I don't mind fanservice at all (the fact that I watched High School DxD and Majikoi is testament to that) but I don't think I've ever seen it be so brazen and in your face (Maken-ki was a good title in that sense - didn't watch that either).

I'm out.
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 12:45   Link #120
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Story summary for episode 2 is released on the official site:
http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/photokano...j.html#story02
Quote:
Having join the Photography Club, Maeda gets text from Kudou, the leader of the club, to come to the club room after school ends. Having uneasy feeling, on lunch break Maeda goes to the pool and meets Haruka, wearing school swimsuit and searching for her missing stuff. Haruka then suddenly asks to be Maeda's model, "I want to support Maeda-kun". It should be the secret photo session between them only, but then...

The first volume of DVD/Blu-Ray is slated for 28th June.
http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/photokano/goods/disc_1.html
It will have special bonuses:
- Special DLC for Photo Kano Kiss PSV game
- Special characters version of Smile F (anime's ED theme) CD
- Special booklet
- Jacket cover drawn by the character designer, Shimada Mae
- Audio commentary by the casts
- Picture label

Some stores will give you exclusive bonus if you pre-order there. The list of the stores and their respective exclusive bonus is on here:
http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/photokano/goods/oritoku.html

Tags
high school, romance