AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Old 2014-09-07, 18:03   Link #1841
renuac

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
By that measure, then Slaine is unimportant too, no? Since he would have remained an unknown Terran immigrant at the bottom of the pecking lot in Cruhteo's castle if not for the attempted assassination.

NOTE: I am not personally arguing that Slaine is unimportant. With the 'son of Dr Troyard' factor, I expect that he might have importance in the second half in particular.

BUT, if you are going to argue that one character is unimportant to the plot because he would never have moved because someone else didn't move the plot, then I think you need to be be fair and recognise that other characters are similarly 'unimportant'.

===

To be frank, the extreme polarisation in this fanbase is ridiculous. I might just have to go back to lurking.
I was thinking much the same thing when reading through this thread. By that rather extreme definition of "important", only Saazbaum and possibly Asseylum are in any way important to the plot.

...Although since neither could have started the war all on their own, maybe they aren't that important either?

(As for the whole protagonist debate, why not just assume that the staff knows what they are talking about when they say that the story is about Asseylum AND Inaho AND Slaine - in alphabetical order to avoid the appearance of ranking them by 'importance')
renuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 18:15   Link #1842
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by renuac View Post
I was thinking much the same thing when reading through this thread. By that rather extreme definition of "important", only Saazbaum and possibly Asseylum are in any way important to the plot.

...Although since neither could have started the war all on their own, maybe they aren't that important either?
LOL. inoright?

Quote:
Originally Posted by renuac View Post
(As for the whole protagonist debate, why not just assume that the staff knows what they are talking about when they say that the story is about Asseylum AND Inaho AND Slaine - in alphabetical order to avoid the appearance of ranking them by 'importance')
LOL. And that's the order they'd be in even if we used the Japanese way of ordering them!

Well, it'd be better for the fandom than using their last names (Kaizuka comes first) or even the credit roll order, which has Inaho, Slaine and Asseylum. If the second season does indeed focus on Mars, perhaps there'll be a slight rearrangement. But honestly, why is anyone even trying to argue that only one or two or them are our protagonists? It really boggles my mind!

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2014-09-07 at 19:07.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 18:28   Link #1843
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Ehm, if Inaho didn't suggest to lighten Yuki's kat they would be dead.
If Yuki didn't tell him to stop cooking and get out, he'll be dead.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 18:34   Link #1844
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Thanks to Inko, Slaine was able to meet the Princess, because if she wasn't driving a car that day, Inaho would be dead and so would be she and the maid.

Inaho's unimportant, the one moving the plot is Asseylum. Without Asseylum, nothing of this would happen, for one.
Much bias against Inaho aren't you? Someone already one point out that without Inaho's quick thinking on getting rid of the extra weight they'll be dead regardless who driving the car.

Inaho's unimportant? I think you forgive one of the major theme of this show, real robot vs. super robot. Inaho is created as a character who will used mass-produced non-special non-prototype robots to fight against the Martian's "Gundams". A character created specifically for one of the major theme of this show is unimportant? Yeah right...

Quote:
If Yuki didn't tell him to stop cooking and get out, he'll be dead.
You seriously gonna used that as a excuse?
Old 2014-09-07, 18:35   Link #1845
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Much bias against Inaho aren't you? Someone already one point out that without Inaho's quick thinking on getting rid of the extra weight they'll be dead regardless who driving the car.

Inaho's unimportant? I think you forgive one of the major theme of this show, real robot vs. super robot. Inaho is created as a character who will used mass-produced non-special non-prototype robots to fight against the Martian's "Gundams". A character created specifically for one of the theme of this show is unimportant? Yeah right...
To the plot, Asseylum's the most important character. I don't even like her, but you have to admit she is.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 18:47   Link #1846
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
To the plot, Asseylum's the most important character. I don't even like her, but you have to admit she is.
Saazbaum has spies on the Earth for over a decade, I highly doubt his only plan to instigate a war between the Earth and Vers is by killing Asseylum and framed it to Terran.

They can be more creative about this, but took the easy way. I'll blame either Gen or Aoki(whoever is responsible).

I like Asseylum because she can potentially draw out another side out of Inaho, if not for this reason. I'll ask Rayet to do better next time on the strangling.
Old 2014-09-08, 05:05   Link #1847
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Inaho's unimportant, the one moving the plot is Asseylum. Without Asseylum, nothing of this would happen, for one.
I asked you, if Inaho is so unimportant why can't his role be fulfilled by any other character? You have yet to answer this very simple question.
The princess or Slaine being important as well has no incidence on this, so stop bringing that. Gold being expensive doesn't make Silver worthless, as the saying I just made up says.
Old 2014-09-08, 07:20   Link #1848
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

@Thess
So only Asseylum is moving the plot but Inaho and Slaine, who failed at everything he did so far, are not moving anything? This is absurd.

Can you guys please stop with this fanboy arguments?
Since a couple of weeks it's extremely annoying.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 09:18   Link #1849
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
@Thess
So only Asseylum is moving the plot but Inaho and Slaine, who failed at everything he did so far, are not moving anything? This is absurd.

It fun, so there no reason to stop, plus with more debates it give us additional insight of the characters we're debating with.

Last edited by DevilHighDxD; 2014-09-08 at 10:32.
DevilHighDxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 11:21   Link #1850
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Yes, and then what's the point of her character, then?
What does this question have to do with whether or not she's useful? She has clearly been useful in combat. So has many of the named Earth forces members. That's why I think your dismissive criticism of them is invalid and unwarranted.

More in TL;DR below...

TL;DR…

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
@Thess

Maybe you and some other Inaho fans should follow your own advice. A good place to start would be to stop making obviously incorrect statements like "Slaine, who failed at everything he did so far".

Slaine didn't fail in killing Trillram. He didn't fail in escaping Castle Cruhteo. He didn't fail in the fight against Femi. Slaine has had significant successes so far.

Quote:
The unwarranted Slaine hate, and often dismissive approach to characters not named "Inaho", is indeed extremely annoying.
Old 2014-09-08, 11:39   Link #1851
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
It fun, so there no reason to stop, plus with more debates it give us additional insight of the characters we're debating with.
It's fun?

-Slaine is one MC. He and others are suffering because he has no clue about the things he is doing. But he tries at least.
-Inaho is one MC. He is capaple and knows what he is doing. His friends tust him and follow him.
-Asseylum is one MC She is the princess of the agressors side in this story and her assassination was used for starting the war. I think there is no doubt that she will play a major role in ending this war.

All three of them are important. All thre of them drive the plot.
This debat about who is more important began becaus some fanboys worship one character and they try to reduce the importance of the other two.
It's just ridiculous imo, especially when there are far more intersting things to talk about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
The unwarranted Slaine hate, and often dismissive approach to characters not named "Inaho", is indeed extremely annoying.

It's just the truth if I say Slaine fails at many things he is doing. The cople of times where he had luck ar not something to be proud.
Old 2014-09-08, 11:52   Link #1852
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Thinking of watching this. Should I be careful of anything? (Aside from G.Urobutcher's standard fare, of course )
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 12:00   Link #1853
Alf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Thinking of watching this. Should I be careful of anything? (Aside from G.Urobutcher's standard fare, of course )
Well, this show has a couple of surprising moments and cliffhangers, but nothing really traumatic. Relatively safe to watch as it's targeted at larger audience base. Just beware not to go into hatred when some of the characters seems to be acting in ways not of ones own liking, that would distort your view. Wait and see how things turns out.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 12:08   Link #1854
Darthtabby

Quote:
It's just the truth if I say Slaine fails at many things he is doing. The cople of times where he had luck ar not something to be proud.
I'll grant that Slaine has had a certain amount of luck but he's also played his cards pretty smart (at least until he got interrogated by Inaho). Contacting the Emperor only failed because of that really forced "I may have seemed reasonable, but I'm not going to bother to verify any of this. Genocide!" plot twist.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 12:16   Link #1855
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
Well, this show has a couple of surprising moments and cliffhangers, but nothing really traumatic. Relatively safe to watch as it's targeted at larger audience base. Just beware not to go into hatred when some of the characters seems to be acting in ways not of ones own liking, that would distort your view. Wait and see how things turns out.
Ahh I see. Thanks for the advice. And yeah I saw the whole Inaho VS Slaine debate going on
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 12:19   Link #1856
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
I'll grant that Slaine has had a certain amount of luck but he's also played his cards pretty smart (at least until he got interrogated by Inaho). Contacting the Emperor only failed because of that really forced "I may have seemed reasonable, but I'm not going to bother to verify any of this. Genocide!" plot twist.
Has Slaine never asked himself why it was so easy for him to contact the Emperror...
Old 2014-09-08, 13:02   Link #1857
wisteria233

Quote:
Has Slaine never asked himself why it was so easy for him to contact the Emperror...
Because Cruheto had a direct communication line to the emperor, and had just finished talking to him?

Seriously, how was Slaine supposed to know that Saazbaum had already influenced the emperor?
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 13:20   Link #1858
Spags
Computer Programmer

Send a message via AIM to Spags Send a message via MSN to Spags
Quote:
And the unwarranted Inaho hate isn't any different. At least Slaine's discussion thread isn't littered with people bitching about his character. Yet take a step into Inaho's thread and its nothing but the same Slaine supporters bashing on the dude. Which I find hillarious that they devote their liking of Slaine by bashing Inaho, maybe they are just insecure?

There is a lot more to this story and a whole other season coming up. There is a lot of development options open for both characters so why not stop this who is better than who bullshit and discusss the show. Or maybe start a thread for Slaine/Inaho nonesense, cause I don't think it needs to be littered in general. Both are important characters and both I can almost guarentee will drive the show in different directions. I think its great we have two vastly different MCs so everyone can have a MC they enjoy.

"You have your way, I have my way, as for the right way, the correct way, it does not exists."
Spags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 13:28   Link #1859
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Because Cruheto had a direct communication line to the emperor, and had just finished talking to him?

Seriously, how was Slaine supposed to know that Saazbaum had already influenced the emperor?
And he expected that he could sneak in and talk with the Emperor without an form of resistence...

Why would someone with common sense believe that the conspirators would not have done that already?

And Slaine, who is a lowly earthling and who basically nothing to the Emperor, comes out of nowhere and claimes that the Emperors people killed the Princess...
Why would the Emperor believe Slaine and not one of his man in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spags View Post
And the unwarranted Inaho hate isn't any different. At least Slaine's discussion thread isn't littered with people bitching about his character. Yet take a step into Inaho's thread and its nothing but the same Slaine supporters bashing on the dude. Which I find hillarious that they devote their liking of Slaine by bashing Inaho, maybe they are just insecure?

There is a lot more to this story and a whole other season coming up. There is a lot of development options open for both characters so why not stop this who is better than who bullshit and discusss the show. Or maybe start a thread for Slaine/Inaho nonesense, cause I don't think it needs to be littered in general. Both are important characters and both I can almost guarentee will drive the show in different directions. I think its great we have two vastly different MCs so everyone can have a MC they enjoy.
I agree with this.

Last edited by Dauerlutscher; 2014-09-08 at 13:47.
Old 2014-09-08, 13:34   Link #1860
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
What does this question have to do with whether or not she's useful? She has clearly been useful in combat. So has many of the named Earth forces members. That's why I think your dismissive criticism of them is invalid and unwarranted.

More in TL;DR below...

TL;DR…

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Maybe you and some other Inaho fans should follow your own advice. A good place to start would be to stop making obviously incorrect statements like "Slaine, who failed at everything he did so far".

Slaine didn't fail in killing Trillram. He didn't fail in escaping Castle Cruhteo. He didn't fail in the fight against Femi. Slaine has had significant successes so far.

You're making a generalization base on one Inaho's fanboy and he from MAL no less, no where did I make posts on how much of a failure that Slaine is and same as well as it goes to others Inaho's fans who just want to defend Inaho from Slaine's rabid fans(maybe a couple of Inaho's fans).

Also we don't need certain Slaine's fan to keep using the "popularity" excuse to keep bashing Inaho and belittle his relevancy. I want proper debates and discussions not flame war between the fanboys.

So I see, Triple_R, you're on Slaine's side as well. I'll look forward to see what you bring to the table!

Tags
mecha, sci-fi