AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-24, 01:28   Link #3841
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Time to roll the tournament of who's the best of the lanes! Looking forward to Insec vs Saintvicious after Insec's comment that he learned from Saintvicious in jungling.

Last edited by Hooves; 2013-05-24 at 01:39.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 05:08   Link #3842
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Saintviscious was the person who brought Volibear and Nasus jg onto the scene... and in professional games, Volibear and Nasus are two of the most played junglers (Jarvan, Zac and Hecarim are the others).

Though in 3.7 (which isn't what the pros are playing on, they are playing 3.6) Sejuani is the undisputed best jungler atm. Hence, her "mega" nerfs on PBE atm.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 07:16   Link #3843
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

So how much longer till the new champ? It's up to the end of the month.
Old 2013-05-24, 08:32   Link #3844
Kreceir

Old 2013-05-24, 11:41   Link #3845
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

As expected it was painful to see NA and EU play.

I mentioned somewhere else before, though, I'm not a fan of the format. Mixing players of a region for an all-star team together when they barely have experience playing together is kinda lacking considering the attention this event gets. Just look at Diamondprox: as we know he didn't even want to participate as it wasn't worth sacrificing time with a team you're never going to play with again. Also what is with the communication

I'd rather have Riot doing a mid-season tournament with less teams than season finals - for instance, only the number one teams of each region's spring split (or whatever the asian regions are having) .
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 21:07   Link #3846
Pocari_Sweat

Allstars day 1 was a typical azns beating white dudes. What surprised me more was that eu got beaten harder by Korea than us did by China. At least us had game 2 in the bag until they COMPLETELY threw it with a dumbass turret dive at an opponent with baron buff and all ults up, but eu just got completely stomped from start to finish.

In fact I would say the eu all stars is the weakest, not the us. Us is still a joke tho - srsly how do u throw a 8k+ gold advantage so hard.
Old 2013-05-24, 22:26   Link #3847
Tom Bombadil

The Chinese wasn't as good as I expected. Clearlove was ineffective in game 2 until the Baron steal. In the interview after game, PDD mentioned that they had some disagreement in strategy in game 2, so he had to sacrifice himself in a 1 v 2 lane.
Old 2013-05-25, 03:47   Link #3848
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
The Chinese wasn't as good as I expected. Clearlove was ineffective in game 2 until the Baron steal. In the interview after game, PDD mentioned that they had some disagreement in strategy in game 2, so he had to sacrifice himself in a 1 v 2 lane.
That's exactly my issue with this event. What we're seeing from all players here must be subpar from when they're in their trained environment. I know it's supposed to be a fun event but I'm not getting those vibes at all.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 20:33   Link #3849
Kreceir

HOLY SHIT, I just had the most epic exhausting 3 vs 3 ranked Game ever.
{I'm Singed}
I want to Describe it on how many team fights we lost and won but, I'm way too speechless.
One of my friends has it on LoL Replay, Maybe he will make an Video about it, I will Definitely Post it.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-05-26, 00:18   Link #3850
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
These last few matches in Allstar made me appreciate the Rumble nerfs in 3.7 and the other nerf on his ult before. He is just so good. I just don't understand why Rumble was ignored for so long.
Spoiler for Spoiler for Allstar:

Last edited by Izayoi; 2013-05-26 at 01:41.
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 05:58   Link #3851
killer3000ad

New cinematic released after the Shanghai All-Star event.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-05-26, 06:53   Link #3852
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Was okay, Garen looked cool. Sad they didn't use the newer characters ... like Shyvana XD then Jarvan saving her like Trynd "Saving" Kat XD
Old 2013-05-26, 18:37   Link #3853
gunrik

The first time I experienced tresh game play I said that he is probably the best champion at the moment, you can do too much with tresh if well played. It's the support with the most influence over the game.
Old 2013-05-26, 20:38   Link #3854
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Yet people derp when ever I play him and never use the lantern.
Old 2013-05-26, 21:42   Link #3855
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

For one, I am actually sad that HSGG is stepping down as a starter. I know I have said many times before I think he is the weakest link, but still, I am a bit depressed considering how much HSGG has done for the community as a whole. Lol wouldn't nearly as prevalent as it is without him making streaming popular.

That said, I don't think CLG is going the right direction with the roster changes. Nientonsoh as top? Nien is a good player, but I have only seen him mid and adc. And Jiji in jungle? I dunno if he is gonna do any better than HSGG. From paper, it sounds like they are a worse team as they have 2 people out of their preferred spots.

As for the game itself, man, Sej wrecks faces now. I don't understand why people ban Amumu over her, when she has comparable damage, but more CC, more durability, less susceptible to counterjungling, better mobility, and lower CD on that ult. Only lacking is her poor dragon control and her pre-6 ganks arent the greatest, but guess you can't get everything. Carried me to gold promo with 5/6 wins.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 21:46   Link #3856
Pocari_Sweat

Thresh is op. Enuf said.

A hook that is just as good as Blitzcrank's (not as good as a displacement, but unlike blitz's if you hook the wrong target like the enemy's tank you can not choose to dash to him), get's free stats via souls and a broken ass lantern that can deny kills or do crazy lane ganks with your jungler...
Yea what the hell is with that kit.

After that it's sona and lulu... and every other support is shit compared to those 3 xD.

EDIT: Sej is broken beyond belief... but Riot is doing what Riot does and destroying her in PBE. They are taking off 0.5s in her slow duration for her e, reducing the dmg on her w and taking off 0.5s duration in her ult. Also amumu/malphite is permabanned in low elo because people don't know how to counterplay malphite (seriously he is like one of the easiest laners to shut down) or counterjungle amumu. Also doesn't help low elo battles tend to be clusterfucks with everyone clumped up and people don't know the concept of "split" pushing or "poke" (ugh the number of times people dive turrets when I'm playing Jayce and I'm happily poking them to death).

Also blitzcrank is permabanned in low elo because dumbasses don't know how to stand behind minions. I'm a support and Ima just stand in the sidelane bush herp derp. That or don't pick a tanky support like alistar or leona that eats blitzcrank for breakfast.
Old 2013-05-27, 01:14   Link #3857
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^ if people use the damn thing right. so many deaths could have been avoided if they listened instead of "What lantern?"
Old 2013-05-27, 07:39   Link #3858
Kreceir

Ugh Whenever I'm playing Thresh, I keep getting idiots as ADC.
This one game made me stop playing Thresh as an support for an while.

We got 4 man Ganked at bot lane, So I threw the lantern in front of my adc, and he bloody uses flash over my lantern and dies.
BLAMING ME for not anticipating his flash and throw the lantern where he is supposedly be after he used his flash.

After that gank he kept blaming me for EVERYTHING, Top lane not warded? blame the support.
luckily my other team mates were kind enough to report this adc for flaming.
Old 2013-05-27, 12:19   Link #3859
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

He should be shot in the foot for that crap.
Old 2013-05-28, 01:45   Link #3860
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

For the record, Thresh/Blitz is almost permabanned because not only it can screw up bot lane who don't know how to counterpick or play against it, but also the jungler because of the immense lvl 1 invade threat they possess.

I personally don't have a problem with either in bot lane, as I main Leona (9/10 wins ranked, and I think a couple of them they picked Thresh INTO a Leona just because he was open lol). But as a jungler, I'd rather do without having to worry about either as I don't trust my teammates to help against an invade, or even trust that bot wont feed and thus need to get babysat. They are just too volatile, especially when you suddenly find out your Thresh support cant land hooks for the life of him. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
league of legends, lol