AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2004-03-03, 17:23   Link #141
PiePants

The promos alone blow away FF:TSW by an incredible amount. I honestly can't believe it, since the time span isn't really that great.

I just realised sitting here that I just watched a Squaresoft computer animated something-or-other. HOLY [INSERT SWEAR WORDS HERE] it's amazing. A movie??? I swear my brain's going to suffer from 'unexpected core dump' this summer ^_^
PiePants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-03, 17:32   Link #142
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Thanks Hellchan ^^
*downloads*
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-03, 17:38   Link #143
Dark_Sun
I LOVE YOU!

hmm...im kinda curios to see how Yuffie looks...she's probably still in Wutai stealing

WOW...she looks a lot better than i though..considering i never saw her face in the game.
Dark_Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-03, 18:12   Link #144
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Oh...my..I LOVE THIS TRAILER!
The music, isn't it that song played on Tifa's piano!?
Or wait...no nvm, I think it's aerith's theme...

[I can elaborate if you don't understand what I'm saying]
And the girl's voice I believe is Tifa's...
because the little girl who says 'I want to see Cloud'
but...the theme song is Arith's so...confused >.<
I think is Barret's Daughter, she always stayed with Tifa...so
Old 2004-03-03, 18:19   Link #145
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Np Chibi
I think the music is the same melody as the one we can hear when we fly on the HighWind
And yeah that little girl's voice is probably Marlene's.
Old 2004-03-03, 18:38   Link #146
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Ah, yeah I just thought of that before the page loaded.
Sorry, I'm not too good at remembering music ^^"
Hm, since the trailer appears on animesuki I'm assuming it isn't pre-licensed.
Hope it's subbed and not dubbed when it's released in NA, like Millennuim Actress.
Old 2004-03-03, 19:26   Link #147
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Quote:
I saw aeris being put back into the water after being killed...that was in the video game but i thought this was after 2 years o.O
This scene is where Cloud is remembering his past, with Aerith [Aeris sounds so better]
Old 2004-03-04, 11:28   Link #148
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Some interesting points after watching the new trailer:
  • We get to see Vincent (at 00:54).
  • Quote: "It seems they have retrieved Jenova's head."
  • The song playing isn't the Highwind music it look's more like the FFVII theme piano version.
  • Cloud has cool sunglasses.
Old 2004-03-04, 11:35   Link #149
htpcfan
L1: Lazy Puppy

[QUOTE=Leo_Otaku]I think it looks awesome but the people look japanese with dyed hair ^-^"QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with that... ^_^ ; This *is* done by a Japanese studio, after all... (I assume the same studio in Square that did FFX cutscenes? Since the art style is similar...)
htpcfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-04, 14:07   Link #150
kara

Smile Music

The music if Final Fantasy VII main theme (OST Disk 2 track 1), But often confused with Aries theme or "On the day" (music played by well when Cloud tells tifa his boyhood dream of signing up with the AVALANCHE.) I don't think this track actually has a name but is played alot throught out the game.

edit
ahh someones already said this sorry :P

Last edited by kara; 2004-03-04 at 16:05.
kara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-04, 18:03   Link #151
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I kinda wana see Cloud with the big funky spiky hair. ^^

I give two thumbs up for Cloud's sword, it looks so cool. I can just imagine him waving the sword with the combat victory theme song playing on the background. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-05, 23:07   Link #152
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

I am working on all 3 trailers.
One from the Tokyo Festival, Jump, and the last from FFX-2 International
[this is the one out now]

I have no way of hosting them on BT, so...hehe, pointless post?
If anyone can help me in getting them availible through BT please notify me.

The first two are basically shortened versions of the third...
But they include more dailogue which may help...
Old 2004-03-05, 23:37   Link #153
dot|hack
Flash Tech

Spoiler:

About Aeriths death : without it i would forget the game quite quickly, infact its the only rpg that i went back to and replayed and thought about the sory many times. Also for some reason i think that cloud becomes a tragic lonely hero and makes me think he will go evil
Edit: for more info on AC go to http://www.adventchildren.net/ff7ac/...20040305_1.htm
dot|hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-05, 23:57   Link #154
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Trailer one completely subbed
The quality isn't as good as the current one released, it's a different trailer.
The one on AS is from a dvd source. This one was not. So...don't expect such lovely
quality in these. Sorry

--cannot continue due to lack of good raws--
sorry about this, I finally got the whopping 88MB raw of
one trailer to find out it was a 320x240 camera angle shot
of a promotional poster for the series...yes thats right...
2m of shaky camera, focusing on a poster T_T

*sigh*

Last edited by ChibiDusk; 2004-03-06 at 00:44.
Old 2004-03-06, 06:09   Link #155
CodeWordChobits
Person just for her

I wonder if Shakespeare got this much crap for Romeo & Juliet ? I can't believe that anyone would want to see Aeris revived! I am an addict of all things tragic, and to me FF7 was a masterpiece. I don't see entire forums and such devoted to having other tragic works rewritten... To me Aeris' death is the ultimate sacrifice for the designers and writers as well. If we are all so very attached to this char after a mere 20 hours, give or take, then I can only imagine the amount of thought and love that went into her design. Could you destroy something you loved (albeit imaginary in this case) for the sake of the story? As an aspiring writer myself, I know a little of the work that is painstakingly poured into each and every aspect of a story.... and many have said it before now but the true beauty of FF7 is the tragic death of Aeris... why else would this thread have deviated into this topic so easily?

How is saying that Tidus is resurrected a spoiler? **FFX-2**
Spoiler:
It is after all a "sequel" not a spin-off title. What could be the plot drive? Go ahead and pm me your responses to this one 'cause it'll get this thread closed to go this far off topic for too long.
CodeWordChobits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 20:15   Link #156
Evan
天使我爱你

Hey,I've read this month gaming magazine saying that there will be a new game on ps2,rumored to be an action game,details will be out in a few months....wondering wheather it will be a sequel to the game or another devil may cry game??...
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-08, 13:55   Link #157
KBTKaiser

*drools* I want Cloud's bike, weapons included...

Oh yeah, I was thinking, what happened to the Turks? Could they be the mysterious trio? Just a speculation...
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-08, 14:52   Link #158
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeWordChobits
I wonder if Shakespeare got this much crap for Romeo & Juliet ? I can't believe that anyone would want to see Aeris revived! I am an addict of all things tragic, and to me FF7 was a masterpiece. I don't see entire forums and such devoted to having other tragic works rewritten... To me Aeris' death is the ultimate sacrifice for the designers and writers as well. If we are all so very attached to this char after a mere 20 hours, give or take, then I can only imagine the amount of thought and love that went into her design. Could you destroy something you loved (albeit imaginary in this case) for the sake of the story? As an aspiring writer myself, I know a little of the work that is painstakingly poured into each and every aspect of a story.... and many have said it before now but the true beauty of FF7 is the tragic death of Aeris... why else would this thread have deviated into this topic so easily?

Tragic death? There was not even a point to her death in the first place other than some drama to advance the story.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-08, 15:54   Link #159
Kklathan
Vampyre

Conjectures about FF7 and X-2, and how they relate to FF7 AC *~! Warning, contains spoilers if you have not played these games !~*

Spoiler:

Last thing, I am having a hard time determining if there are one or two female voices in the FF7 AC trailer. The one speaking at the begining and the one at the end sound similer, however it might be different voices. /shrug any ideas on this?

Anyhoo, first post yay!

Last edited by Kklathan; 2004-03-08 at 16:04.
Kklathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-08, 16:17   Link #160
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

FFX-2 and this movie are both signs that square-enix do not stand by their tragic endings... it seems that they decided to create more bullshit for people who can't deal with or accept an ending... I thought that the endings to FFVII and FFX were fine and didn't need any further elaboration... imo... there was no need for FFX-2 .....

though... I'm still going to watch this movie because it is a marvel of computer graphics... also... I get to see a non-blocky 32-bit polygon Cloud/Sephiroth, some nice sword fighting and good action!

Last edited by Prince of Chronics; 2004-03-08 at 16:18. Reason: grammar!
Prince of Chronics is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, science fiction