npcomplete

npcomplete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 03:11   Link #102
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Don't stop here, what are the colors you talking about? ^^
It could be said to be an individual actually. Generally, people who are haemophobic don't like red, necrophobics don't like black, and people who like cute stuff hate dark colours. Personally I feel that green or lavender purple is a safe colour, but, you still have to do at least a little research before buying stuff for someone.

Or you could do the most cheapskate thing that every single HR dept in various companies do : send a card. Even a more cheapo way would be E-Cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Does 36A qualify? >.>;

Though I don't get real worked up or angry about having small breasts really. I just often wish they were bigger. =(
Actually, what for? The acronym DFC isn't coined as an insult, but rather as a compliment.

From what I have observed, most guys look not just at the chest, but rather how the rest of the female body fits together. If the girl is short, has an immature face, and is flat, she would be classified as cute. If the girl is tall, has a mature face and is well-endowed, she would be classified as pretty. These are the two ideals for most guys. Due to morality issues, the guys will definitely go for the latter to avoid being branded as a paedophile.

Unless you are also above 160cm and/or have a mature face, you shouldn't worry too much. But then again, you shouldn't bother too much about your looks when character is the thing that bring you friends.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 08:58   Link #103
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
It could be said to be an individual actually. Generally, people who are haemophobic don't like red, necrophobics don't like black, and people who like cute stuff hate dark colours. Personally I feel that green or lavender purple is a safe colour, but, you still have to do at least a little research before buying stuff for someone.
I met some people who dislike green color, so as you said, better to do some research beforehand. And while i kind of agree on lavender purple, maybe something like Beige is more discreet and can match with more clothes
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 09:25   Link #104
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
9. Leave them alone would be my best answer. They are happier with each other's company IMO. If you really want to give something, it would be a matching pair of scarves, or something close. If you have guts, a pregnancy test kit.
As much as I laughed, I honestly think I'd punch anyone who actually handed me a pregnancy test.

Then again, all my friends know I can't have anymore, so I don't think that'd be an issue

I give hubby a sympathy card on Dec 21st every year, and have since Dec 21, 1997 (which was our 1 yr wedding ann). Yule falls around Dec 21st so even if we don't get each other gifts (which often happens), he at least gets that.

I'm actually kind of grateful this year we're so broke, because he won't be buying me jewelry this year (he is under the impression that having 3 or 4 matching sets of earrrings/neckalces/earrings/bracelets and rings is a good thing, despite me only having 2 piercings in each ear, and so on). We just got the cubs gifts and left it at that.

TBH for a happy couple? If they have kids, I'd pool with friends to pay for a night out for them, overnight at a nice hotel. Seriously; if they have a babysitter you can talk to w/o them knowing etc, go for it.

They'll ADORE you for it.

If they don't have kids, I'd still do it: a night out, dinner and overnight at a nice hotel, is awesomeness once in a while, I should think. Having never actually been in such a situation (long term relationship w/o kids) since turning 19, I can't say for sure LOL

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 14:54   Link #105
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
@SaintessHeart: I am over 160cm tall and have a face that matches my age. =/

But yeah. I know it's hardly a target of ridicule these days, so I don't really care, except when I must wear loose shirts and they vanish as if they never were!
Old 2009-12-17, 15:36   Link #106
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Less than a week to go!!
*is also recieving some mad special offers from many online shops in her email*

They're slashing the prices like mad, my finger's itching at the mouse and my credit card to get some winter clothes that I can now afford! ><;;;
(As well as dvds and books)
*sigh*

UK's and Japan's crazy as sales coming real soon, though I doubt I'd ever try a Japanese one anymore than I'd ever try an English one.
Watching the madness on TV for both cultures is enough and Japan have this weird 'fanatic madness' over most countries that just makes us look weak in comparison, lol.

Just bought my first japanese 'christmas cake', it'll come on the 25th when I go pick it up.
(Business open as usual on Christmas day here, that's gonna be bizzare....)
Gonna see if KFC have cheaper deals this year (doubt it), otherwise I'll try to grab some chicken from somewhere other than the conbini this year xD

Any last minute rushes or preperations for anyone? Most schools should be out by this weekend, so winter hols begin. ^^

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 16:34   Link #107
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Our holiday (Yule) is Monday, the 21st. However, since that's a school day, my anniversary and so on, we'll be celebrating it Sunday the 20th.

I spent today at the grocery store nabbing a bigarse ham (mmmm, pork haunch), various fresh spices, etc etc to make Yule dinner.

Sunday morn we'll be going to my bioparents' house to have the cubs unwrap their few gifts and have breakfast. I'll be making tamago to contribute to that

Then rush home and start dinner: a honey glazed ham, au gratin taters and roasted veggies from scratch, yum!

Old 2009-12-18, 07:22   Link #108
solomon

Over in the Northeast United States (DC to New York) there is a good chance that snow will be on the ground for christmas due to big storm comming.

I live in DC area and have family in Philly. I cannot remember the last time we had a white christmas, it must have been years.

SO happy!
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 09:43   Link #109
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I met some people who dislike green color, so as you said, better to do some research beforehand. And while i kind of agree on lavender purple, maybe something like Beige is more discreet and can match with more clothes
Because scarves are worn close to the face, colours like biege and white are risky because when people just eat they will usually look for the closest thing to wipe their mouths with......

But I must admit biege is a nice colour if it isn't 100% of that colour because it would look like a sports towel. As for general meal etiquette, I shall leave it to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyannew View Post
As much as I laughed, I honestly think I'd punch anyone who actually handed me a pregnancy test.
Just in case you don't know, men can also use pregnancy test kits to test for cancer. It is a rather accurate test for prostate cancer in its early stages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
@SaintessHeart: I am over 160cm tall and have a face that matches my age. =/

But yeah. I know it's hardly a target of ridicule these days, so I don't really care, except when I must wear loose shirts and they vanish as if they never were!
I remember two female acquaintances of mine who bickered their heads off during Christmas because one gave another an expensive dress with push-up implants costing over $200 (or so I heard). The receiving party viewed it as an insult and there was some kind of war throughout the entire party.

To us guys however, when we got the wind of it, we couldn't stop laughing.

Quoting a good friend of mine who got the silent treatment from his girlfriend for a week, "There is always a certain someone who will look at you, or the Wonderbra."

Remember, a gift received should always be viewed as an act of goodwill even if there is a hint of malice behind it. There is always a whole year plus 6 days to get back.

I am spending my Christmas alone this year because all of my friends are overseas, probably my 16th time doing so. But I am going to see Yui Makino on Boxing Day!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-12-18, 14:22   Link #110
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Over in the Northeast United States (DC to New York) there is a good chance that snow will be on the ground for christmas due to big storm comming.

I live in DC area and have family in Philly. I cannot remember the last time we had a white christmas, it must have been years.

SO happy!
Yeah, everyone here in NoVa is prettymuch in panic mode... 8-10" being the end of the world, and all... (insert rolling of the eyes here)

This weekend's my holiday so I'll have to go out, most likely LOL. Yay with the morons who can't drive in the snow!

Old 2009-12-24, 17:41   Link #111
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
☆★~クリスマスおめでとうございます!~★☆
Merry Christmas to you all.

Seasons greetings and may peace and hope come your way.

Mystique

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 18:46   Link #112
Xion Valkyrie

Only Christmas Eve over here so far. Got a tiny tree to put on the table. Looks pretty good.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 19:39   Link #113
Liddo-kun
is this so?

It's a cold Christmas morning here.

A busy time to greet friends (online and IRL).
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 20:21   Link #114
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Merry Christmas and Happy Holydays all !!! Spend good times and don't eat too much specially chocolate
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 20:30   Link #115
Saleh
Inactive

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays .
Old 2009-12-25, 01:45   Link #116
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

And for those who like it HOT!

Spoiler for It sizzles!:
Old 2009-12-25, 03:05   Link #117
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Happy Christmas Hope u get what u want
Old 2009-12-25, 03:24   Link #118
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Happy Xmass everyone! =D
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 04:19   Link #119
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

What a lonely Christmas I am having today......making a trip down to the mall later.

Merry Christmas everyone. Nyaa~

Old 2009-12-25, 09:42   Link #120
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Merry Christmas! Sadly, my Christmas present is still in the mail for another week D;