Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-04-27, 07:27   Link #1
Darius Drake

Dungeon Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Author's Description
The world of Terra holds a very interesting and unique pastime, a game called Dungeon Wars. The game was developed after an accident created a form of Artificial intelligence that was able to create, and sustain it’s own miniature habitat with an ecosystem based off of the creatures that began as it’s ‘start’

This in turn created a craze of a new, and somewhat fun method of research that grew and became a game. They sold these A.I units for a modest sum, along with starter races, and from there it took off to become something larger, and greater.

Welcome to the Dungeon Wars, a tournament based system where gamers can earn the points needed to increase their Dungeon pet A.I. quicker than natural means, and earn rare and prized races to add into their miniature ecosystem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Short & Spoiler Free Description
It's the year 3217. The world has turned AI's & Virtual Reality into a literal competitive sport. Follow the life of an innocent girl as she get's her first race of Dungeon Monsters to tries to raise into an unstoppable army of monsters and crush her competitors, like she sees the people she sees on TV doing.
Link: Dungeon Games

Basic 3 Questions:

OP - Not Applicable to this story.
Harem - Not for the MC. She's not the type to even think about it, honestly.
Snusnu - Ah... Not for the MC. Anything else is minor spoilers.

Why am I linking it here? Numerous reasons. One, it's adorable. Two, it's got plenty of action. Three, it manages to split these two aspects without the story flow being damaged or seeming out-of-place.

Last edited by Darius Drake; 2016-04-27 at 15:58.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-27, 07:55   Link #2
Cathrain

Owners can connect to the game through VR gears and directly control their monsters.
Cathrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-27, 09:07   Link #3
watisit

I think you mixed up the url code Darius
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-27, 11:50   Link #4
Namorax

For some reason that sounds a lot like pokemon to me. xD

Only this time its more like you collect regions instead of just the pokemon that life there.
Wait, aren't you already doing that aynway...?
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-27, 16:03   Link #5
Darius Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by watisit View Post
I think you mixed up the url code Darius
Yes, I did mix up the URL and name. My bad. Fixed now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post
For some reason that sounds a lot like pokemon to me. xD

Only this time its more like you collect regions instead of just the pokemon that life there.
Wait, aren't you already doing that aynway...?
Actually, no. While there can be said to be similarities, instead of building up a powerful team, what you're raising can be said to be a military force. Tournaments start with forces of 100 troops, and grow to the thousands as you go up the ranks. And, despite some people likely disagreeing, there's no "weakest" race, differences in how you raise them open different possibilities & powers.
Old 2016-04-27, 16:31   Link #6
Namorax

I just meant that after reading the description, that is what I pictured in my mind. The idea that a dungeon is used to "breed" (for lack of a better description) offensive forces in order to conquer another dungeon is a nice change from the normal monster-defend-dungeon-idea.

Reading the description, the background of raising a monster army is obvious, but it also implies that the monsters you "start" with change depending on your actions (aka "evolve"). Or maybe I am just mixing up that bit from the author's description with the monsters even though that's not the case and the game is more like a Trading Card Game instead of one where you evolve you monsters like in Pokemon/Digimon (or any other Dungeonmaster-Webnovel on RR).

Will probably give this a try when I get some time.
Old 2016-04-27, 16:41   Link #7
Darius Drake

No... you're pretty much right. You aren't really invading other dungeons, though. From what we've seen, you're sending your monster army forces to a "neutral" ground to wage war against each other.

Basically, you "start" with a "simple" race you grow from. What race you start with, and what it can evolve into, varies depending on the starting race you choose. There are ranks of these, and while, to a degree, these ranks denote "power", it's more accurate to say that the ranks signify "difficulty". AKA. A "Beginner" Rank race is far easier to raise than a "Master" rank monster race. In exchange, a "Master" rank might have more options, an easier path to power, or some other advantage... that might be lost in the evolutions.
Old 2016-04-27, 17:08   Link #8
Namorax

I think a faction-approach would've worked better:
Spoiler for rambling:

Well, not neccessarily better, but it would certainly be a new and interesting twist to the evolving monster trope you can find so often on RR fictions.
Old 2016-04-27, 17:40   Link #9
Darius Drake

While I can see your point from a "I haven't read this, and am thinking from the little information I have" point of view, your idea wouldn't have worked in how the Dungeon Worlds are.

When you're building your "Dungeon", you're doing more than just empowering the members of your race. You are, quite literally, building a society. That society can be either animalistic or humanoid, magical or technological, but you are, ultimately, building a society from scratch in your Dungeon World. To "recruit" people from outside your society to take up important positions inside that society would, often, destroy that society and change it into a new one.

Additionally, what Cathrain mentioned in the second post is incredibly important. By entering one of your Dungeon Monsters and taking control, you gain the ability to push your Dungeon Monsters down a path they, otherwise, wouldn't be able to follow. Sure, there's the ability to spend points to create a similar effect, but the ability to buy those paths aren't always available, and have to be unlocked in various ways.
Old 2016-04-30, 00:58   Link #10
Darius Drake

It's updated. Chapter 15 of Volume 2. We get to see what a typical Master Rank Dungeon Battle looks like with what I would assume would be a "typical" player of Sidnie's Race.

...and I'm still trying to avoid posting spoilers of any real significance.

Tags
dungeon, virtual reality