Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2017-11-15, 12:42   Link #1381
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Rude awakening? You mean angry Americans suddenly showing up at their doors with pitches and torches for driving their country into the ground?
The scenario you mention will no doubt happen ... in a steve bannon wet dream >_< The scenario I am talking about is a lot more simple, next year on election day, after two full years of "presidential" trump tweets and no results the republicans will stay home on election day. Most politicians would prefer the (made in china) pitches and the tikki torches to that.

From trumpo latest tweet:

"The U.S. is being respected again. Watch Trade!"

If by respect he means the POTUS does not have the balls to call on china on human rights and russia on their election meddling, yeah, as much respect as waiter.

And don't get me started on trade, zero new trade deals on the horizon, the only one that might start negotiations next year is england out of desperation.
Old 2017-11-17, 01:09   Link #1382
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Abraham Lincoln must be livid over how his party degenerated into mustache-twirling Saturday Morning cartoon villains.
Hey now, those Saturday Morning Cartoon Villains protest being lumped in with those guys!

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2017-11-19, 02:01   Link #1383
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Donnie tweets:
Crooked Hillary Clinton is the worst (and biggest) loser of all time. She just can’t stop, which is so good for the Republican Party. Hillary, get on with your life and give it another try in three years!
Hilarious! Did she say something about him?
Old 2017-11-19, 02:32   Link #1384
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Donnie tweets:
Crooked Hillary Clinton is the worst (and biggest) loser of all time. She just can’t stop, which is so good for the Republican Party. Hillary, get on with your life and give it another try in three years!
It's easier to assume that things aren't going well for Trump behind the scenes and this is a distraction that makes him feel better and feeds his cult like supporters the nonsense they need to breathe at the same time.
Old 2017-11-19, 03:20   Link #1385
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

How do you even stuff that much irony into a tweet? Every half-sentence can be used to describe the republicans/Trump more accurately.
Old 2017-11-19, 03:47   Link #1386
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Donnie tweets...

All I can think of is the interview she gave recently. That's been making the rounds.
Old 2017-11-19, 05:00   Link #1387
Key Board
Carbon

There's been a lot of focus on the Hilary on Fox News too
It almost seems that they're betting all their chips on Hillary running again.
Old 2017-11-19, 05:51   Link #1388
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Either that or it's the old distraction trick.
Old 2017-11-19, 08:06   Link #1389
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

You know, i'm surprised Trump hasn't comment on the recent Roy Moore scandal. (Moore, whose running to be the next US senator for the state of Alabama, has been hit with accusations by several women that he has stalked and sexual harrass them when they were teenage girls ages between 14 and 16 during the late 1970s. It got so bad that a mall ban him since he kept stalking young girls there.

The GOP reaction has been mix, some are calling for Moore to step down and support his victims which include Trump's daughter Ivanka but others, particularly from the state Alabama, continue supporting him and even gone so far and accuse the victims as liars! Worse, despite some believing the accusation, they still support Moore becoming Senator since they rather have a Republican in the Senate than anyone else, the truth be dammed.
Old 2017-11-19, 08:33   Link #1390
Key Board
Carbon

If they they don't support him the seat goes to a Democrat and the Senate Majority becomes harder to maintain
Old 2017-11-19, 08:59   Link #1391
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Then why don't they get another Republican to run, someone with less extreme views than Moore but still supported by both the GOP and Alabama? (Trump never supported Moore in the beginning and only did so after he beaten his chosen candidate.)
Old 2017-11-19, 09:34   Link #1392
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
You know, i'm surprised Trump hasn't comment on the recent Roy Moore scandal. (Moore, whose running to be the next US senator for the state of Alabama, has been hit with accusations by several women that he has stalked and sexual harrass them when they were teenage girls ages between 14 and 16 during the late 1970s. It got so bad that a mall ban him since he kept stalking young girls there.

The GOP reaction has been mix, some are calling for Moore to step down and support his victims which include Trump's daughter Ivanka but others, particularly from the state Alabama, continue supporting him and even gone so far and accuse the victims as liars! Worse, despite some believing the accusation, they still support Moore becoming Senator since they rather have a Republican in the Senate than anyone else, the truth be dammed.
The worst aren't the ones who call the women liars, though they're bad enough. The worst are the ones who approve of his behavior.
Old 2017-11-19, 10:58   Link #1393
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
You know, i'm surprised Trump hasn't comment on the recent Roy Moore scandal.
I'm not surprised at all considering there are a dozen women who have accused Trump of various forms of sexual harassment and sexual battery. Still the post-Weinstein explosion of reports of harassment puts Trump in a difficult position, especially as the defamation suit against him by Summer Zervos seems likely to move forward in the courts despite the best efforts of Trump's lawyers to derail it.

I was more surprised by his attacks on Al Franken, but he just can't stop those little fingers even when cooler heads might have suggested he restrain himself.

Plus what good would commenting on Moore gain Trump? Should he endorse Moore in the face of the barrage of allegations? The national Republican Party wants nothing to do with Moore; a Trump endorsement would not win any support from the likes of Mitch McConnell or Paul Ryan. Trump let McConnell and company talk him out of endorsing Moore in the primary in favor of Luther Strange. Trump already felt betrayed by them when Strange lost the primary, and we know that Trump hates "losers." Endorsing Moore would alienate mainstream Republicans and possible set Trump up for losing a second time. (I'm still of the opinion that Moore will win the primary despite the recent opinion polls. Disclaimer - I contributed to Doug Jones's campaign despite that opinion.)
Old 2017-11-19, 11:04   Link #1394
GDB

Quote:
You know, i'm surprised Trump hasn't comment on the recent Roy Moore scandal.
Why would you expect that? Trump has a bunch of his own sexual assault allegations against him, so he can't denounce Moore. But he can't support him either, since it'd hurt his poll numbers.

Quote:
Then why don't they get another Republican to run, someone with less extreme views than Moore but still supported by both the GOP and Alabama? (Trump never supported Moore in the beginning and only did so after he beaten his chosen candidate.)
Can't change the ballot at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I was more surprised by his attacks on Al Franken, but he just can't stop those little fingers even when cooler heads might have suggested he restrain himself.
Just standard Trump hypocrisy and idiocy.
Old 2017-11-20, 10:38   Link #1395
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So basically Trump is in a no win situation.
Support Moore and get accused of protecting a sexual predator.
Condemn Moore and get accused of betraying his right wing supporters.

Anyway, Trump being petty again.
Old 2017-11-21, 06:16   Link #1396
Newhope

So why should Moore step down?
Old 2017-11-21, 10:08   Link #1397
The Green One

Because being a sexual predator is supposed to have actual consequences.
Old 2017-11-21, 10:59   Link #1398
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Because being a sexual predator is supposed to have actual consequences.
And what proof is they that it happened?

With Al franken you at least have some evidence with Moore it's nothing more than she said he said.

Or are you suggesting we follow mob rule and ruin peoples lifes over an alligation rather the law?
Old 2017-11-21, 11:14   Link #1399
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

It's hardly he-said/she-said. There are at least five women who accused Moore, and they can produce corroborating witnesses that will confirm that they described the abuse when it happened. Have you actually read any of the reports? Start here with the original story in the Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...4a0_story.html

or watch Leigh Corfman on yesterday's "Today" show:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...rve-be-n822416

And there's nothing legal involved here. It's an election, not a trial. Political candidates should be judged on their overall behavior as much as their issue positions. One of the problems many parents face these days is trying to help their kids understand why they shouldn't think of Donald Trump as an role-model. Adding Roy Moore into the mix certainly doesn't help.

As for ruining Roy Moore's life, he did that to himself with his actions as Chief Justice. Twice he was removed from that position for putting his personal beliefs ahead of the Constitution and his oath of office. His comments about Muslims and gays are unconscionable as well.
Old 2017-11-21, 19:38   Link #1400
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Roy Moore: Trump defends Alabama candidate in misconduct claims

I'm disgusted. So he would rather have a Republican sexual predator in the senate than his clean(so far) Democrat rival because a Democrat is much worse than a guy who stalk teenage girls! And then he has the gall to say he supports women from sexual harassment. The gall of that man.