AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 31 49.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 26.98%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 17.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 4.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.59%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-11-16, 05:28   Link #121
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
There has always been the thing about "The King can only understand his people by seeing what they are doing" going on, and I have a feeling that's what they are going with Kudelia.

I'm not commenting on if it's the right thing to do or not. I'm just trying to understand why they are doing that. The result will determine if it's right or wrong.
Sure, I can understand that kind of sentiment. It's just that she's been doing this repeatedly and it's not like she's learning anything new. She knows they're fighting for her and she's seen them fighting for her.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 05:37   Link #122
Tenzen12

Narratively it would be better if she could show some real merit by this point. That's the fact. In universe she is in situation where it's pretty difficult thing to do. So far Kudelia is good character and that's why she gets benefit of doubts from me, but if her effort be useful will will continue to be displayed through odd jobs on ship that anyone can do and occasional strong willed bystandering (that's probably not word). It will be honestly disappointing.
Old 2015-11-16, 05:59   Link #123
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot's Blade View Post

& who thinks Turbine is basically the anti-Ricardo Fellini?
Running theory GBF verse is Gundam Valhalla. Turbine was Fellini's former incarnation.

The girl Mika fought was Fumina's former incarnation.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 08:00   Link #124
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Narratively it would be better if she could show some real merit by this point. That's the fact. In universe she is in situation where it's pretty difficult thing to do. So far Kudelia is good character and that's why she gets benefit of doubts from me, but if her effort be useful will will continue to be displayed through odd jobs on ship that anyone can do and occasional strong willed bystandering (that's probably not word). It will be honestly disappointing.
It's a tricky thing the writers are trying to achieve - they need the readers to share Kudelia's frustrations rather than be frustrated at Kudelia. The biggest danger is that "active" characters are always more interesting than passive or reactive characters, since Kudelia doesn't have many opportunities to be active. Fortunately, Kudelia's frustrations take up only a tiny part of the episodes.

There is a tiny little pay-off later in the episode: when the ships look likely to crash we see Kudelia continue to watch unflinchingly (while to the side Atra panics and looks away). It's a small thing but easier said than done. Hopefully where they're going with this is slowly building up Kudelia into a person who can be relied upon to take tough decisions and is resilient enough to deal with the consequences, despite her background.
kari-no-sugata II is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 08:05   Link #125
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Wow, did the "Dandy" Fellini became Mr. Turbine? Not only that, he got a harem too!

Still, I'm glad that no casualties occurred on this episode thanks to Orga's infiltration. Still, I think Maruba should be thrown away to die on the next episode.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 21:00   Link #126
Thess

Absolutely fantastic episode. I'm a little busy to say more, but nonetheless I enjoyed immensely the character interactions, action and suspense.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 00:13   Link #127
Skaddix

Have her spend some time doing some vlogs or something for protest speeches or organzing protests even from a distance or something. Right now she is on Atra level which makes Atra look better and Kudelia like crap......

......Lol actually she is doing a great job she needs to get Mika attracted to her so that she can get him to tell Orga to support the revolution...Orga would get crap done.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 03:09   Link #128
RobotCat
In a Box

Awesome episode. Reminds me of the hype I had while reading Berserk Golden Age or watching Code Geass S1. Just PLZ NO Eclipse.
Old 2015-11-17, 03:56   Link #129
wissenschaft

Those girls were a lot of fun. I hope they become allies, it seems that way. Its nice to see this show emphases that Barbatos is an outdated mech. When Mika wins its because of his skill and tenacity, not because he has an OP mecha. A nice change of pace for a gundam show.
wissenschaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 04:12   Link #130
Skaddix

Barbatos sure can take a beating though.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 04:45   Link #131
Irenesharda

Quote:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Pretty sure that's the case. His arms don't look normal. It's way too thin at the ankle's muscle.
Ankle muscle? I'm assuming you mean his wrist, and we've seen both his arms work correctly already in fixing things. And they are both flesh colored when he's not in the space outfit. A theory I considered was that because of a previous injury or abuse, he doesn’t have full mobility of his right arm, which would also explain his response to Shino's gesture, but I'm sure we'll get a better explanation later on.

I'm just glad that even characters beyond our main Tekkadan leader group is getting characterization as well.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 05:06   Link #132
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
I made a mistake and I am sorry.
That’s a lot better. Now we’re in good terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
The sheer length of it, most of what they said could have been done in two and a half minutes, not the entire first half of the episode.
I disagree. The conversation is not much of a bureaucratic nonsense but a negotiation. And for a negotiation, the time/duration spent on it in this episode is quite short. Most of negotiations in real-life can be a lot longer than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
Its nice to see this show emphases that Barbatos is an outdated mech. When Mika wins its because of his skill and tenacity, not because he has an OP mecha. A nice change of pace for a gundam show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Barbatos sure can take a beating though.
Yeah, the Gundam RX-79[G] in MSG: 08th MS Team seems more fragile than Barbatos in comparison.
Old 2015-11-17, 06:17   Link #133
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Yeah, the Gundam RX-79[G] in MSG: 08th MS Team seems more fragile than Barbatos in comparison.
the almighty Gundam was disabled......... by sand getting stuck in its joints motors, Anakin Skywalker was right
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 06:25   Link #134
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Ankle muscle? I'm assuming you mean his wrist, and we've seen both his arms work correctly already in fixing things. And they are both flesh colored when he's not in the space outfit. A theory I considered was that because of a previous injury or abuse, he doesn’t have full mobility of his right arm, which would also explain his response to Shino's gesture, but I'm sure we'll get a better explanation later on.

I'm just glad that even characters beyond our main Tekkadan leader group is getting characterization as well.
No, I was talking about the muscle that usually below the elbow but above the wrist. Look up human anatomy since I don't really know what is it usually called. Beside, I was not talking about the skin color, but that strange circle at his wrist, which is abnormal no matter how you look at it.
Old 2015-11-17, 07:32   Link #135
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Well yeah, putting color and the weird dots aside, his arms appear very thin and stick-like.
Old 2015-11-17, 08:38   Link #136
Irenesharda

Quote:
No, I was talking about the muscle that usually below the elbow but above the wrist. Look up human anatomy since I don't really know what is it usually called. Beside, I was not talking about the skin color, but that strange circle at his wrist, which is abnormal no matter how you look at it.
Well I wasn't going to mention it since it would sound too science-y, but yes, the wrists and fingers are controlled by muscles in the forearms (6 flexor muscles on the anterior side and 9 extensor muscles on the posterior side.). However beyond that, the strange "circle" at the wrist is part of the suit that everyone is wearing. He just has most of it covered up by the gloves. If you look at Mika, Orga, or any of the others, they have the same thing, this circular dark gray section that extends slightly onto their hands.

Also, I do have to point out that the arm you showed in the pic is his left arm, which is the one he actually chose to switch to. I don't discount that something is wrong with his arm, but I'm not sure if it's prosthesis or something traumatic happened to his right arm.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 08:44   Link #137
The 48th Ronin

Wait a minute...

...nobody made a screenshot of Kudelia's glorious butt?
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 09:36   Link #138
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
...nobody made a screenshot of Kudelia's glorious butt?
we have an animated gif. posted which is probably much better
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 10:22   Link #139
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Hell, the Graze is shown to be similarly as tough: see how many hits the Graze Kai takes in this episode from guns, which in another mecha show would've seen it become scrapped metal.

In fact, most of the mecha kills shown in IBO so far have been from melee weapons, or guns at point blank range.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 11:25   Link #140
Thess

Quote:
I thought this too, but it seems that he's just skinny.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote