3 out of 10 : Bad 1 6.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-03-09, 09:53   Link #41
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Between this and Gundam Orphans, I think I've seen one too many deaths this season. I think I'll go watch some of the lighter stuff this season, get my mind off this
Funny because I decided to watch Gundam Orphans instead of this because it was something lighter.
I wasn't sure I'd want to watch this episode. The last one really left a bad taste in my mind too

In the end it was less heavy than expected, apart for Lise, of which I was already prepared for.
But I honestly was worried for the 666th Squadron, instead, well, on screen it was quite tolerable. They didn't indulge on it and honestly Pham reaction felt a bit too relaxed / positive, I don't know how to call it, not fitting, when she met Theodor. I felt surely relieved, but still. And yeah, later she lost me when confronted Lise in that way.
I mean, with that attitude I wonder how she survived until then. (not that I hate her or anything, she is adorable).

I agree on Katia, she is quite the less interesting character. It was smart from Iris to put her under theo monitoring knowing his past. But looking at Lise I think it's really unfair in comparison. And also I can't put her beside Iris.
But well, for some reasons these kind of characters have a place even in this kind of settings.

And in any case, give us Iris back !!!

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.

Last edited by Arya; 2016-03-09 at 11:26.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-09, 13:40   Link #42
Marvelous Cnidarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozomu Itoshiki View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
Well, when I said "two sweetest girls", I was talking about Lise and Beatrix. Heinz is responsible for screwing up both of them.

And I wouldn't really characterize her as going on a rampage of death and torture. Beatrix is usually pretty pragmatic with her evil, and she never really came off as someone who particularly loved her job (unless Irisdina and the 666th were involved), at least not like Axmann.

Finally, Theo does have ideals. They just start and end with "Gotta protect Katia/Iris".

Last edited by Marvelous Cnidarian; 2016-03-09 at 13:51.
Marvelous Cnidarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-09, 19:53   Link #43
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelous Cnidarian View Post
Well, when I said "two sweetest girls", I was talking about Lise and Beatrix. Heinz is responsible for screwing up both of them.

And I wouldn't really characterize her as going on a rampage of death and torture. Beatrix is usually pretty pragmatic with her evil, and she never really came off as someone who particularly loved her job (unless Irisdina and the 666th were involved), at least not like Axmann.

Finally, Theo does have ideals. They just start and end with "Gotta protect Katia/Iris".
Axmann never screwed with Beatrix as far as i remember.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-09, 19:58   Link #44
n0m@n
C-Z

Lise = Aileen Wuornos.

(Run away)
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-09, 20:04   Link #45
Marvelous Cnidarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Axmann never screwed with Beatrix as far as i remember.
It isn't a sure thing yet, but the latest Bernhard in the Shadows spoilers has him trying to mess with Jürgen, Beatrix, and Abel. He was also the one who "taught" her how to be a stasi (and we all know what Axmann's training entails).
Old 2016-03-09, 22:06   Link #46
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

As a result of speaking to various people privately and doing a bit more digging on another front, I now feel somewhat convinced in my theory of how this adaptation will end.

But after what happened here overnight, I'm not going to potentially break the rules myself. Spoke to mods and they said while my intentions are good, this isn't the right thread to discuss my theory. I respect that.

So I'm going to discuss my theory within the speculation & spoilers thread instead. If anyone wants to talk about things there, feel free to. But remember it is a spoiler thread, so don't go there if you want to see things fresh to the end.

And do keep the episode threads spoiler free.
Old 2016-03-10, 13:25   Link #47
Domonkazu

is there Lise's route in the game?
Old 2016-03-10, 13:30   Link #48
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domonkazu View Post
is there Lise's route in the game?
There is a game thread within the Muv-Luv forms section for that discussion.
Old 2016-03-10, 15:29   Link #49
Domonkazu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
There is a game thread within the Muv-Luv forms section for that discussion.
my bad, I apologize.

back to topic:
I can't hate Lise even after all those things she has done.
Old 2016-03-10, 15:36   Link #50
Marvelous Cnidarian

Quote:
my bad, I apologize.

back to topic:
I can't hate Lise even after all those things she has done.
You should be happy then. Lise is apparently way more funny and endearing in the VN:

http://www.age-soft.co.jp/Product/sm...ter04_esc.html

Like Iris, Beatrix, and Gretel, she's almost a different character (similar backstory, but different personality). While I agree with Last Sinner that this should mostly be discussed in the other topic, I will tell you that Martyrs is planned to have three routes, so you never know.
Old 2016-03-10, 16:45   Link #51
Domonkazu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelous Cnidarian View Post
thanks for the link

I don't but for me Iris's character is a bit too 2 dimensional or maybe it's due to bad adaptation

either way I'm not really fond of her way of living.
Old 2016-03-10, 17:26   Link #52
Marvelous Cnidarian

Quote:
I don't but for me Iris's character is a bit too 2 dimensional or maybe it's due to bad adaptation
Bad adaptation, mostly. Iris is more dere in the VN, but the director changed the relationship between her and Theo into one of mostly "respect" rather than "romance". You should check out the VN pictures I posted in the last page of the image thread for scenes of her romance. Here's the link to the other characters:

http://www.age-soft.co.jp/Product/sm/character10.html

Just click their portrait, then on them. They have 2 responses for every area clicked that they'll cycle through if you click the same area enough times. All of them are sweet in a way, even Iris (who asks if you're falling in love with her) and Beatrix (who asks you for a hug).
Old 2016-03-11, 05:57   Link #53
Seihai
スマイリウム

I didn't play the VN nor have I read the LN but what I mainly like about Lise aside from her looks and personality is what kind of tragedies happened to her, because those are what make me feel for her thus making me cheer her on (as futile as it is). So while I'd love to see a more endearing Lise, I personally have no qualms about the way she is being presented in the anime. If anything, her spiteful traits underline her broken state even better for me.