AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-08-24, 15:08   Link #3761
Twi

I'll be happy if they explain how the capture cloth works next.
Old 2018-08-24, 17:47   Link #3762
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakai View Post

That was random as hell. Wonder if Hori is planning something for them in the future or anything.
No, i think that's just Mina, being mina. She's a shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Me too, but they went on and on about how having one more member may not be beneficial because Shinsou hasn't trained as much as them, etc... when in truth he's a major asset.
I think it'll come up during Deku's match. Deku will not only have to figure out a way around the voice changer, but I imagine he'll also end up figuring out a strategy that involves capturing four out of five... he might also try to take advantage of Shinsou's lack of training, but I'm guessing it'll turn out that Shinsou's better trained than he appears due to his own hard work
Old 2018-08-25, 00:21   Link #3763
marvelB

BTW, I forgot to mention it before, but I'm glad to see Deku's teamed up with Mineta again. Too bad Tsuyu wasn't on his team as well, because I'd have loved to see the return of the USJ dream team. Anyway, since Ochako's there, I imagine her quirk would work quite well with Mineta's, since her gravity can be used to manipulate the trajectory of those balls. In fact, the balls can be an effective way to gag Shinsou during their fight.... at least, as long as Monoma doesn't copy his power or it turns out our friendly neighborhood brainwasher is a ventriloquist, lol.

Speaking of Monoma, part of me kinda hopes he manages to copy Deku's quirk..... only for him to destroy his own body from the strain it'll cause.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-25, 01:03   Link #3764
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Now, that's a hell of an upgrade for Shinso! With such a specific condition to his quirk, he'd obviously need some external help, and this works perfectly. lookingf forward to see some mind games. Also, it's interesting to see once again the idea that heroes don't really need to be nice 24/7.

Also, I love how the other guys in the fifth B team are all "Oh god, we got Monoma, we're screwed"

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
BTW, I forgot to mention it before, but I'm glad to see Deku's teamed up with Mineta again. Too bad Tsuyu wasn't on his team as well, because I'd have loved to see the return of the USJ dream team.
Same here, I'm glad they're sticking with the point that if someone can drag something good out of Mineta, is Deku.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-25, 01:03   Link #3765
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
BTW, I forgot to mention it before, but I'm glad to see Deku's teamed up with Mineta again. Too bad Tsuyu wasn't on his team as well, because I'd have loved to see the return of the USJ dream team. Anyway, since Ochako's there, I imagine her quirk would work quite well with Mineta's, since her gravity can be used to manipulate the trajectory of those balls. In fact, the balls can be an effective way to gag Shinsou during their fight.... at least, as long as Monoma doesn't copy his power or it turns out our friendly neighborhood brainwasher is a ventriloquist, lol.
I think as long as Shinso stays out of sight and imitates a girl voice to shout "Mineta, come touch my boobs", he's got it in the bag.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-25, 06:04   Link #3766
RDNexus

Watching this week's special episode, I got reminded of that casual comment from Mina.
It it possible that out-of-nowhere comment was a hint of sorts to this episode's events?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-25, 11:19   Link #3767
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Watching this week's special episode, I got reminded of that casual comment from Mina.
It it possible that out-of-nowhere comment was a hint of sorts to this episode's events?
I was reminded of that too. Seems too big to be a coincidence, so it was most likely a nod to the episode.
Old 2018-08-25, 15:55   Link #3768
Ultragunner

why is Ochaco (almost);always paired up/in the same as Deku? Because she the “designated” heroine? I am not complaining or anything, but it’s just something I noticed in the latest chapter
there are quite a few classmates that Deku hasn’t had much interaction with so why?

I may be late in recognising this, but HeroAca sometimes REALLY repeats its formula eh?
I know this is a school, but how many “simulation” battles/training arcs have we had?
The only things missing know is if some villains break in again during this arc
Old 2018-08-25, 19:44   Link #3769
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

You pretty much answered your own question. Uraraka gets paired up with him because she's the heroine and needs more chances to get closer to him.
Old 2018-08-25, 20:16   Link #3770
Ultragunner

^ but I thought this isn't a romance manga
It would be cool If the characters initiated the "chances" themselves, instead of some repetitive coincidence
Old 2018-08-25, 22:45   Link #3771
Waxman

Well, they're in school it stand to reason that the training matches will be something that we'll see very often I praise the author for making them interesting.
About Deku beign paired with the same people it's also logical, Deku's the point of view of the audience and pairing with the same people let us see how those people developed since the last time.
Waxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-26, 08:05   Link #3772
zibi88

Well recently Deku got bit closer to Mina as she was teaching him how to dance, so its a nice touch to pair her up with him to let their cooperation shine durring combat.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-26, 08:09   Link #3773
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
I may be late in recognising this, but HeroAca sometimes REALLY repeats its formula eh?
I know this is a school, but how many “simulation” battles/training arcs have we had?
The only things missing know is if some villains break in again during this arc

Don't get me wrong, I get your point and all, but..... don't like 90% of shounen battle stories repeat their formulas? I don't see why it's so odd for this specific series! As long as said formula is executed well, some repetition shouldn't really matter in the end, no?
Old 2018-08-26, 08:46   Link #3774
Ultragunner

well, yes, but for some reasons heroaca just kinda irks me

Perhaps the "training arc" mostly consists of fights, but not "progress". For example:
1) when Deku was interning under Gran Torino, he did figure out the basic of OfA, but then the two just...fought for a few times and then went out.
2) in the summer camp arc, we saw a bunch of training regimes for the students, but those were shown very briefly. Why not at least show how each of them can help the youngster develop? The anime does make a good effect to supplement this, but again it is very brief.

What I am trying to say is that the training arcs here somehow lack the impact to me.

As much as people like to criticise Bleach and Naruto, they had some fantastic training arcs that provided not only character growth, but also some substantial world building.

TL;DR: IMO, (again this is just MY OPINION) the training arcs are short and scattered too much, thus they lack the "punch" that make the story more interesting.

Bah, this is just me nitpicking, but those are the things that bother me to no end about HeroAca
Old 2018-08-28, 07:23   Link #3775
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
well, yes, but for some reasons heroaca just kinda irks me

Perhaps the "training arc" mostly consists of fights, but not "progress". For example:
1) when Deku was interning under Gran Torino, he did figure out the basic of OfA, but then the two just...fought for a few times and then went out.
2) in the summer camp arc, we saw a bunch of training regimes for the students, but those were shown very briefly. Why not at least show how each of them can help the youngster develop? The anime does make a good effect to supplement this, but again it is very brief.

What I am trying to say is that the training arcs here somehow lack the impact to me.

As much as people like to criticise Bleach and Naruto, they had some fantastic training arcs that provided not only character growth, but also some substantial world building.

TL;DR: IMO, (again this is just MY OPINION) the training arcs are short and scattered too much, thus they lack the "punch" that make the story more interesting.

Bah, this is just me nitpicking, but those are the things that bother me to no end about HeroAca
Tbh, imo this series generally has a problem with the "battle" aspect. The mangaka doesnt do good fights visual-wise, always relying on readers somehow being invested in them in order to get anything going.
This series feels more like a superpowered slice-of-life manga than a battle shounen, which is really sad since the story is perfect for villians popping up out of nowhere and have fights with any of the kids.
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-28, 08:30   Link #3776
Ultragunner

^ that too.

while the art is wonderful, pretty much all the big fights have been quite straightforward, a.k.a folks puching each other , and then what the heroes do? “Plus Ultra” of course

Even as great as All Might vs AfO was, it still contain relatively simple mechanics: two old guys trying to punch the other real hard

well, at least Horikoshi can compensate for that with solid character writing. Still, I’d love to see those developments sink in a little more
Old 2018-08-31, 04:18   Link #3777
marvelB

And new chapter's out!

Well, looks like Shinsou's new trick didn't work quite as well as expected this time around, and now both teams are down to 3 members! But it looks like our favorite frog girl has hatched up an interesting plan, and Class B's vine lady is ready to take action....!!!
Old 2018-08-31, 07:43   Link #3778
Hakai

Spoiler for LOL:
By far the best part of the chapter.

You've been holding back a lot eh? Vlad sensei

Beast dude is pretty damn strong tbh, he has to be one of the strongest first year student outside of the Big 3(and Night Tokoyami).

Last edited by Hakai; 2018-08-31 at 07:54.
Hakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-31, 08:10   Link #3779
Sixth
Hu Tao

At least we know that Shinsou's power doesn't work on phone or broadcast. It is weird that Shinshou never tests his power on multiple targets. You thought he would at least "try" to see te effect.

And yes, it seems that Class B isn't a pushover at all. I was under the impression that Class A got this from what we have seen in the previous chapter ending.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-31, 08:27   Link #3780
Random14

A lot closer than I expected, which I don't mind (I just hope that when Shinsou is on the team that they're not overpowered). That "reporting" was funny, he's been having issues with the spotlight too.

Interesting to see both sides adapt their tactics after their first skirmish. And huh, Tsuyu has a new power? Or some clever plan? Or maybe she's disguised the others' scent.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot