Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-08-25, 12:33   Link #281
Wandering Soul

Stay strong Phil, stay strong.
Old 2018-08-25, 22:06   Link #282
Random14

I had forgotten that the remaining kids would probably be split up, rather than just moved to one of the other plants together. Well, good thing for them that Emma's planning to liberate all of them anyway (and there's an entrance to the human world there). Poor Phil, he's so young and carrying one of the heavier burdens with his knowledge. The demons definitely suspect he knew something, being the oldest left behind. With the escalating conflict, who knows how long even he'll be safe.

Nice to get a reminder that Gracefield "products" are ahead of the other places. And the "easy" trip is over with, now they just need more answers.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-01, 17:04   Link #283
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Well, that was trippy. Looks like Emma met with the demon she was looking for, but only in a dream. The real meeting is postponed for now.
Old 2018-09-03, 07:51   Link #284
Random14

This manga gets stranger as time goes by. It had demons from the start, yeah, but things are getting more... mystical now. And nice to get a reminder of how much time has passed, though saving Phil will probably be even more complicated than Emma had expected.
Old 2018-09-06, 19:15   Link #285
Wandering Soul

Big news: apparently the series is entering its final arc.

https://mobile.twitter.com/YonkouPro...86709365350406

This series never really seemed like the type to run particularly long, but this came sooner than I expected. Still, I respect the author for not trying to drag things out and instead ending the story as he thinks fit.
Old 2018-09-07, 04:10   Link #286
James Rye

So Final Arc Gintama/BLeach style where it takes two years to finish or like twenty chapters from now it is over?
Old 2018-09-07, 05:33   Link #287
Random14

I'll take that as good news. I'm a little bit sad that it won't run longer (as I'm liking it a lot), but I've seen too many series that dragged on too long. Not to mention this series has had somewhat clear goals for a while, isn't a simple "fight stronger enemies" story, and the potential final boss has possibly already been seen. I'm eager to see how it'll wrap up, and how long it'll take (probably no more than another year or so).
Old 2018-09-07, 11:27   Link #288
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm expecting this final arc to run for at least two years. There's just way too much story content to cover, and this series has never been the type to rush.
Old 2018-09-07, 13:52   Link #289
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
So Final Arc Gintama/BLeach style where it takes two years to finish or like twenty chapters from now it is over?
Most likely the former. They can't really cover everything in 20 chapters and TPN has never really been fast paced.
Old 2018-09-07, 23:56   Link #290
Random14

Huh, they did a time skip. Well, not surprising with the news of the final arc (and it wasn't that big of one). They had some clues already, they just had to rule out some locations. The kids haven't changed much, but I wonder how much else has changed in that time.
Old 2018-09-08, 08:54   Link #291
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Big news: apparently the series is entering its final arc.

https://mobile.twitter.com/YonkouPro...86709365350406

This series never really seemed like the type to run particularly long, but this came sooner than I expected. Still, I respect the author for not trying to drag things out and instead ending the story as he thinks fit.
Everything played out just fine till the end of the goldy pond arc, but now it feels like the author is rushing through the story. First a 3 week time skip, then a 52 day timeskip, and now a year and half? We are hitting JUST the major story beats without anykind of inbetween.

There's so much more the author could be doing in terms of character development, world building and narrative development. The 3 weeks that Emma was injured could have been spent providing further characterization to the Grand Valley kids. The 52 days, could have been spent on an adventure that would have not only given us more time with Don, Gilda, Violet and Zach, but it could have also helped build up anticipation for what they would find at the end of their journey. And heck the total 100 days they were gone could have even given us a few surprises for what they might find when they got back to the shelter... and then we have the latest chapter; it would have been so much more interesting to actually see the kids infiltrate and sneak their way through a demon settlement, than simply being told it happened. There was a great story to tell there. So many possibilities

I just feel like its wasted potential. So much more that could be done with these characters and this world, but the author is just rushing past it to get to the final arc to wrap things up quickly.
Old 2018-09-08, 11:20   Link #292
James Rye

Yeah, there could have easily been a couple dozen chapters done for this. Like also this demon city, which was awesome, explaining more what the kids find out about their society and such. Feels like this will be over in 90-120 chapters.
Old 2018-09-08, 12:22   Link #293
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

After reading the latest chapter and given the recent news, it definitely feels like the author is rushing things. I didn't expect such a big timeskip. However, it's not like the story has actually progressed much during that timeskip. Their allies never contacted them, Ratri didn't find them, Phil and the rest weren't rescued and they only just found a clue to the location of the seven walls.
Old 2018-09-08, 12:24   Link #294
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I like the timeskip idea
but they could split this chapter into two instead of stuffing all of information into one single chapter

Emma looks the same.. but her aura is more manly

The rest are getting cooler and prettier though...

I hope Phil and Norman are still alive
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-08, 13:51   Link #295
Wandering Soul

I don't feel like too much was really skipped during the time soon. They found a few dud locations and have only just now found the clue they needed. I feel like we should have watched them infiltrate a demon town for the first time though.
Old 2018-09-08, 19:34   Link #296
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

About the results of the popularity poll, the top 3 was a given but I was surprised to see Phil and Anna take 4th and 5th place respectively. Didn't expect Musika (we have official spellings for the names now) to be 6th either.
Old 2018-09-08, 23:35   Link #297
~Yami~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
About the results of the popularity poll, the top 3 was a given but I was surprised to see Phil and Anna take 4th and 5th place respectively. Didn't expect Musika (we have official spellings for the names now) to be 6th either.
I'm surprised about Anna... I don't even know who is she
she is the motherly figure in the group, right?

Musica is given... she is cute
Old 2018-09-14, 22:05   Link #298
~Yami~

This time they're fighting against Human...
this is going to be difficult...
I wonder if enemies would underestimate Grace Field children because they're going to lose horribly if they did
Old 2018-09-15, 02:06   Link #299
Random14

There was probably more time between that early warning and the actual attack then the chapter made it look like. Either way, looks like their time at the shelter is over. Too bad, I liked it, but guess the story has to focus on the continuing search. They should have a pretty decent chance in a fight. The Gracefield kids don't have much fighting experience, but I doubt the Goldy pond kids have gotten rusty (not to mention Yugo).
Old 2018-09-15, 11:33   Link #300
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This is moving fast. Although in-universe, that guy sure took a hell of a long time to reach the real shelter. Just how many dummies were there?