2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-07-24, 06:08   Link #101
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

whoaa.. finally I caught up with the current episode

awesome fight I must say.. dedicating a whole episode for this showdown is a great job

although I have some complain... first it's about Masaki.. I thought finally we could find Tatsuya's equal but it seems he didn't quite as strong as predicted... Tatsuya is still in whole new level against him even though he already massacre people since 13 years old

I still can't believe how powerful Tatsuya is.. that self regeneration is too powerful that it seems the only way to kill Tatsuya is cutting his head off
and Mikihiko did a good job in taking Cardinal George

There are several laughter including how Jumonji brushed off Saegusa's complain and "lip reading" scene

well well.. this arc is definitely better than previous one but I think the only way to make me getting hyped is to see Tatsuya vs his aunt
Old 2014-07-25, 11:25   Link #102
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Episode 16 is Excelent!!

Many people say Tatsuya is OP, but in a competition against Masaki and George, he was really being pushed to the limit, just like he thought.

Tatsuya's preparation really paid off. The cardinal prince would be a goner if not for Masaki. But even so Mikihiko and Leo beat him and that other member.

And Masaki was really powerful. Walking slowly with a high level magic for atack and defense makes him look like a tank. Tatsuya could not break his defenses and was not blocking his atacks fast enough with skills alone. So when Masaki by accident used a forbidden atack, Tatsuya too was forced to use his forbidden "PHOENIX DOWN" magic.

I hope next episode we can see that jerkass Morisaki's face when he discover 3 Weeds won 1st place in the competition he EPIC FAILED!! :P
Old 2014-07-25, 13:41   Link #103
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
Episode 16 is Excelent!!

Many people say Tatsuya is OP, but in a competition against Masaki and George, he was really being pushed to the limit, just like he thought.
Yeah, I'd hope that Tatsuya, when not using any of his secret techniques against one of the top magicians of his generation, would be "pushed to his limits".
Old 2014-07-25, 17:33   Link #104
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yeah, I'd hope that Tatsuya, when not using any of his secret techniques against one of the top magicians of his generation, would be "pushed to his limits".
Don't forget even thought Masaki made a mistake at the ending, he too was not using all his power during the competition, and just like Tatsuya he had an inferior CAD.

Maybe he is not actually as powerful as Tatsuya in full-mode, but according that oneesan there is still others incrediblely powerful or talented magicians in the world.

Let's hope we can see some in the future.
Old 2014-07-25, 20:28   Link #105
Ickarium

Of all Tatsuya's 'secret techniques' we've seen, the only one he didn't use is one he really, REALLY can't use. He pretty much pulled them all out in that fight. Elemental Sight, Flash Casting, the Regen thing. We didn't see him nuke him like in the opening scene for the show, but that's it.
Old 2014-07-25, 20:55   Link #106
maplehurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
Don't forget even thought Masaki made a mistake at the ending, he too was not using all his power during the competition, and just like Tatsuya he had an inferior CAD.

Maybe he is not actually as powerful as Tatsuya in full-mode, but according that oneesan there is still others incrediblely powerful or talented magicians in the world.

Let's hope we can see some in the future.
Tats made a comment that he thinks he can defeat his aunt, the current clan head in a fight. (though going by shounen rule, his aunt should have a couple secret tricks up her sleeves, if i am to make a guess)

If this is Naruto, then he's -kage tier.

Last edited by maplehurry; 2014-07-25 at 21:34.
Old 2014-07-25, 21:41   Link #107
Ickarium

I daresay him being able to beat his aunt has to do with, y'know, being able to create the equivalent of a nuclear explosion (if the first episode's intro is to be believed). 'course, doing so without killing lots of people would be hard. ;P
Old 2014-07-26, 01:55   Link #108
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
whoaa.. finally I caught up with the current episode

awesome fight I must say.. dedicating a whole episode for this showdown is a great job

although I have some complain... first it's about Masaki.. I thought finally we could find Tatsuya's equal but it seems he didn't quite as strong as predicted... Tatsuya is still in whole new level against him even though he already massacre people since 13 years old

I still can't believe how powerful Tatsuya is.. that self regeneration is too powerful that it seems the only way to kill Tatsuya is cutting his head off
and Mikihiko did a good job in taking Cardinal George

There are several laughter including how Jumonji brushed off Saegusa's complain and "lip reading" scene

well well.. this arc is definitely better than previous one but I think the only way to make me getting hyped is to see Tatsuya vs his aunt
I don't blame you about the Masaki thing, but I'd like to point out that Tatsuya was for all intents and purposes going "all-out". The only things he didn't use was his Dispersion magics, which are classified, and his nuke magic which is out for obvious reasons. And Masaki was holding back too, since he never used Rupture.

Last edited by LKK; 2014-07-26 at 09:10. Reason: removed hint
Old 2014-07-26, 03:35   Link #109
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
Of all Tatsuya's 'secret techniques' we've seen, the only one he didn't use is one he really, REALLY can't use. He pretty much pulled them all out in that fight. Elemental Sight, Flash Casting, the Regen thing. We didn't see him nuke him like in the opening scene for the show, but that's it.
He didn't use Flash Casting, unless you count the regeneration. And he didn't use decomposition, which is his main weapon.
Old 2014-07-26, 04:09   Link #110
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

Quote:
He didn't use Flash Casting, unless you count the regeneration. And he didn't use decomposition, which is his main weapon.
He used Flash Cast for his final attack, the one where he snapped his fingers and amplified sound right next to Masaki's ear.

Last edited by Fellen; 2014-07-26 at 04:46.
Old 2014-07-26, 04:44   Link #111
Ickarium

Yeah, the flash bang was flash casting.

As for his main weapon, Masaki didn't use Rupture either, which is his. This is why he's the Crimson Prince. Masaki really did push him there. He might not have in an actual fight, depending, but Masaki is absolutely a challenge for him in general magical aptitude.
Old 2014-07-26, 06:10   Link #112
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
I still maintain that regeneration isn't flash casting. It seems to be an automated "function" that kicks in whenever he is injured or unconcious and is incredibly fast.
Old 2014-07-26, 06:33   Link #113
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
Yeah, the flash bang was flash casting.

As for his main weapon, Masaki didn't use Rupture either, which is his. This is why he's the Crimson Prince.
Masaki is more versatile, so losing his main weapon isn't as much of a problem. Even without Rupture, he's still got plenty of options for attack and defense.

Quote:
Masaki really did push him there. He might not have in an actual fight, depending, but Masaki is absolutely a challenge for him in general magical aptitude.
They're good at different things, and Masaki, and that buttmonkey Morisaki for that matter, are better magicians in what for their world is the conventional sense. But my point is, using that fight to "prove" that Tatsuya isn't completely out of reach of anyone we've seen so far is silly.

Especially as for most of the fight, he was all "my secret techniques are secret!", and it's only in that last bit he went "never mind, I want to win after all".
Old 2014-07-26, 15:18   Link #114
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
I still maintain that regeneration isn't flash casting. It seems to be an automated "function" that kicks in whenever he is injured or unconcious and is incredibly fast.
I agree that it's not. They were only referring to one sequence in the discussion itself, not two. Besides, activating magic unconsciously or reflexively was never stated as a trait of Flash Casting in their discussion. Neither is what is obviously pre-programming magic with activation conditions into him. I mean, "Self-Restoration sequence, auto-start"?

Neither of those are traits covered in their Flash Casting discussion.

Spoiler for Text from the episode, M for male, F for female, breaks represent what is seen on the screen for each line:

Basically, saying all fast casting magics done by Tatsuya were done with Flash Cast is like saying a falling person is flying because he's moving through the air.
Old 2014-07-28, 01:39   Link #115
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

*shrug* From what little info was giving in this episode. His Flash Casting is one of his inherent abilities/perks and not a spell. He can cast any spell instantly when using Flash Casting even though he's already freaking fast at throwing spells without it.
Old 2014-07-28, 01:44   Link #116
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
*shrug* From what little info was giving in this episode. His Flash Casting is one of his inherent abilities/perks and not a spell. He can cast any spell instantly when using Flash Casting even though he's already freaking fast at throwing spells without it.
Flash casting is using a spell when you've memorized it's activation sequense allowing a person to not use a CAD and allowing them to cast spells faster by bypassing a few activation sequences. I don't think Auto-regen is flash casting.
Old 2014-09-12, 02:15   Link #117
Digibeast
Going digital

That was a really awesome ep! but the fight though wasn't really as amazing as I pictured it would be but the studio did a really great job animating it!
Closed Thread