AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-05, 21:32   Link #81
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I can imagine this:

EP1 - 5 episodes. They can cut a pretty good amount of material here. Mostly the more indepth backgrounds of the characters. This doesn't include tea party though. I figure they can include the tea parties for an episode in one airing. In a sense, this can also be called the bridge to the next episode.

EP1 Tea Party and ???? - 1 episode

EP2 - 6 episodes. Both George/Shannon and Jessica/Kanon stories can have 1 episode each I think. If character monologues are omitted however (I still think they shouldn't), they can fit both flashbacks in 1 episode.

EP2 Tea Party and ???? - 1 episode

I haven't played EP3 in it's whole yet, as well as EP4. But from what I can see, EP3 material up to chapter 11 can be crammed to 4-5 episodes IMO. And it looks like the rest will be long based on what I can read.

It will definitely be hard cramming the whole question arc in 1 season, unless DEEN is comfortable with having an odd number of episodes (is that even politically possible?).

Meta-world shouldn't be cut because it is a very important part of the story.
Old 2009-01-05, 23:20   Link #82
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Here's how I think they might be able to do it

Ep 1 could be done in 6 episodes with 5 being the main story and 1 being the Tea Party and ????

In Ep 2 they could cram the first 4 chapters into 2 episodes with the ending of the second being the introduction to the Meta world. Then another 3 episodes for everything up until the epilogue and the sixth episode would cover the epilogue , the tea party and the ????

For Ep 3 six episodes would be enough to cover everything.

For Ep 4 they could do the first 4 episodes in the format of half 1986 and half 1998 and then the 5th would be the "merger" and the last ep would just be the Tea party (they'll probably go straight to midnight of the 2nd day)
Old 2009-01-06, 10:10   Link #83
maximilianjenus
[E]

But you have to consider that they pretty much already cut the same in higurashi, a lot of oyashiro sama reference and rika references were cut from the anime, hell even stuff that still made it to the manga such as k1's weird antics, irie, rika's mom, k1's dad also got shafted.
Old 2009-01-06, 12:57   Link #84
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Nothing that impacted the mystery and was 100% required for the plot, though. A large amount of the point is lost without the meta world, which is quite different from the cuts made in Higurashi.
Old 2009-01-06, 14:44   Link #85
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
And Higurashi was their first try too. Once they get to the answer arcs and saw how popular the franchise was, they shaped up up. So I'm sure they'll pay more attention to the needs of Umineko since it'll bring em money.
Old 2009-01-06, 15:49   Link #86
Coruja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
I can imagine this:

EP1 - 5 episodes. They can cut a pretty good amount of material here. Mostly the more indepth backgrounds of the characters. This doesn't include tea party though. I figure they can include the tea parties for an episode in one airing. In a sense, this can also be called the bridge to the next episode.

EP1 Tea Party and ???? - 1 episode

EP2 - 6 episodes. Both George/Shannon and Jessica/Kanon stories can have 1 episode each I think. If character monologues are omitted however (I still think they shouldn't), they can fit both flashbacks in 1 episode.

EP2 Tea Party and ???? - 1 episode

I haven't played EP3 in it's whole yet, as well as EP4. But from what I can see, EP3 material up to chapter 11 can be crammed to 4-5 episodes IMO. And it looks like the rest will be long based on what I can read.

It will definitely be hard cramming the whole question arc in 1 season, unless DEEN is comfortable with having an odd number of episodes (is that even politically possible?).

Meta-world shouldn't be cut because it is a very important part of the story.
1 episode for each tea party? That seems unlikely, unfortunately.
Old 2009-01-07, 10:26   Link #87
MarthX

I don't think it's right to compare their Higurashi adaptation to this one. With Higurashi, in the first season, they tried to squeeze 6 games into 26 episodes. This time around they will only have 3 or 4. Unless they shorten the season, it should allow them to cover more material and give each arc more than 4 episodes. It's better to compare it to their Kai adaptation: 20 episodes for 2 games.
Old 2009-02-05, 20:14   Link #88
Bern-chan
Not Rika Furude

Send a message via MSN to Bern-chan
I wonder if we'll get stick people limbs and cyan Bernkastel hair after the first arc like in Higurashi.
Old 2009-02-05, 21:06   Link #89
Ace of Dragons
AKA Squirrel

Cyan Bernkastel hair? What's that?
As for the stick limbs, I hope not.
Old 2009-02-06, 02:58   Link #90
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of Dragons View Post
Cyan Bernkastel hair? What's that?
As for the stick limbs, I hope not.
Rika dyed her hair for the anime.
Old 2009-02-15, 09:04   Link #91
HigurashinoUmineko

Well I now want to talk about the possible VA for some reason lol. Here's some ideas:
Miki Ito- Eva (I think Takano's voice would be PERFECT for her...)
Akeno Watanabe- Lucifer (I don't know...I thought it could maybe work! (as long as she doesn't use Chachamaru's voice) )
Inoue Kazuhiko- Rudolf (I think if he could use his "playful" voice probably lol)
I don't know but these are just my ideas lol.
Old 2009-02-15, 12:32   Link #92
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
Originally Posted by HigurashinoUmineko View Post
Well I now want to talk about the possible VA for some reason lol. Here's some ideas:
Miki Ito- Eva (I think Takano's voice would be PERFECT for her...)
Akeno Watanabe- Lucifer (I don't know...I thought it could maybe work! (as long as she doesn't use Chachamaru's voice) )
Inoue Kazuhiko- Rudolf (I think if he could use his "playful" voice probably lol)
I don't know but these are just my ideas lol.

Miki Ito would be perfect. She would capture Eva's

Playful voices all around!

This is my quickly decided cast-list for the Stakes
I was thinking of Kana Ueda's voice for Lucifer
Ami Koshimizu for Satan
Chiaki Takahashi as Belphegor
Yuuko Gouto as Leviathan
Hyo-sei as Beelzebub
Miyuki Sawashiro as Asmodeus
Junko Okada as Mammon

And I'm still supporting Rie Tanaka as Beatrice.

One crazy B****
Old 2009-02-25, 01:31   Link #93
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
It'll be a whole different experience from playing the game since we won't see interactions of the witches (if the story is told like Higurashi), I'm looking forward to it.
Old 2009-02-25, 16:31   Link #94
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
It'll be a whole different experience from playing the game since we won't see interactions of the witches (if the story is told like Higurashi), I'm looking forward to it.
That is a given. I don't see the anime doing the tea parties, but we will get a lot of complaining nevertheless from the game players, which leads me to think that considering the big quantity of game players that we will have this time around will need of pretty extreme rule enforcing on an eventual Umineko board for anime only threads. Even more so than CLANNAD it'd seem.
Old 2009-02-25, 16:56   Link #95
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Why wouldn't the anime show the tea parties? Especially the first one. The rest of the story doesn't make a whole lot of sense if it gets skipped (and even less sense if "????" parts get skipped too). And it's not as if it will take more than ten minutes of relatively low budget animation (mostly just characters talking ). Of course, these are the people behind Higurashi we are talking about, parts of the story not making sense due to omission of vital details is probably not much of issue for them...

Old 2009-02-25, 16:59   Link #96
Avisch
Reality Blender

How can we be sure that they will cut out the tea parties?
They cannot cut out episode 3's tea party cause it explains who Ange is, and then Bernkastel appears there so don't they need to atleast introduce her ealier in some way?

Though...Episode 2's tea party whilst very significant to Rosa' s character can be cut down (the viewer needs to atleast see that Battler is ready again).

One crazy B****
Old 2009-02-25, 17:42   Link #97
chronotrig

Don't worry, it's impossible for them to cut out the tea parties or the witches.
...Who knows what shape they'll be in for the anime, but it's impossible to leave them out altogether. There's really no reason for them to be left out in the first place, if you think about it.

As for leaving the meta-world out, that might have been stupid back when ep2 was released, but by now, it would literally remove 90% of the story.
Don't give up on the anime yet

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-02-25, 20:43   Link #98
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Then I wonder how that will be delivered, in the anime question arc of Higurashi, I don't recall any mention of the magic world or stuff like that. Hints weren't given to us elaborately.
Old 2009-02-25, 22:24   Link #99
BakaOnna

I've been hearing various rumors that Ryuukishi is working with the anime team more on this than with Higurashi. Is this true? Because if it is, that'll be better news for how the anime will be.
Old 2009-02-25, 22:44   Link #100
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Probably the main difference is that the magic stuff is basically part of the plot early in Umineko while for Higurashi is really wasn't fully introducted until rather late.

Higurashi makes you think something weird is going on, but have no clue what (plus the restarts) while Umineko seems to bring the main question on "is what is going on magical (witches) murders or is there a real killer on the island"?

And that only the four question arcs exist at this time makes it more pronounced that they'll have to do something with the meta-world and the magic...there just isn't a real way around it yet.

Huge cast judging by the crossover group pictures with the Higurashi cast...about double the number of characters, before you get to the seven stakes.