AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-11, 11:14   Link #21
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
I hope this will be as good as it sounds, although it's a bit weird to see an anime adaptation of a manga talking about mangakas struggling to become mangakas In any case, I look forward to this. Bakuman is really, really good. I expect the manga series presented in the story will be shown in panels. It wouldn't make sense to show them as an anime before one is made for it. Crow and Detective trap are gonna be amazing!

Now, to wait until Defense Devil gets an anime adaptation
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 11:37   Link #22
CHRONICLE_KEY

Official site J.C.Staff is handling the animation.

http://www9.nhk.or.jp/anime/bakuman/

Interesting didn't think we would know this soon considering it will come out in fall and all.
CHRONICLE_KEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 12:03   Link #23
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
Staff :
Director : Kenichi KASAI (カサヰケンイチ), Noriaki AKITAYA (秋田谷典昭)
Series Composition : Reiko YOSHIDA (吉田玲子)
Animation production : J.C.STAFF

Source : moonphase
Kasai? Did I read Kasai? This is perfect, he should be knowing what's he doing. Yoshida actually written manga before (Tokyo Mew Mew), maybe this experience helps her writing a script for this series. J.C Staff should do pretty well as long as they have a good director, the animation should do fine.
Old 2009-12-11, 14:14   Link #24
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
(when will Viz publish it?!).
They won't, because tokyopop beat them to it.
Old 2009-12-11, 14:36   Link #25
M.Marangio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
They won't, because tokyopop beat them to it.
In Germany, Tokyopop released already the fist two volumes (http://www.tokyopop.de/buecher/manga/bakuman/index.php), but Viz has the american license.

Last edited by M.Marangio; 2009-12-11 at 14:49. Reason: added Viz
M.Marangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 14:42   Link #26
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Marangio View Post
In Germany, they released already the fist two volumes:
http://www.tokyopop.de/buecher/manga/bakuman/index.php
& the first volume is already released in English.
Old 2009-12-11, 15:14   Link #27
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Awesome news! I have high hopes for the series; i just hope it sticks closely to the storyline (though JC Staff have been pretty good with original storyline recently)
Old 2009-12-11, 15:19   Link #28
Squawks
PSI you from behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
& the first volume is already released in English.
Wrong. Viz has the license though, but there's not date of release as of yet.
Squawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 15:20   Link #29
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks View Post
Wrong. Viz has the licensed though, but there's not date of release as of yet.
Yeah my mistake. Was confused because amazon.uk doesn't normally include German translated manga. Very strange.
Old 2009-12-11, 16:33   Link #30
Westlo
Lets be reality

Kenichi Kasai is generally behind the best stuff that J.C Staff have produced over the last few years so this should be in good hands. Read a few volumes of the manga and enjoyed it, been meaning to catch up for some time.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 17:09   Link #31
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lixuelai
I would think the studio would be given some leeway considering that it is in the manga and the manga runs in the same serial as the referenced stuff.
I would think that Oda and Kishimoto would enjoy seeing their manga being talked about in another manga.

Seriously, there's no problem with copyright here.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 20:07   Link #32
kirapika
Oh-so crazy~?

One of the best new anime news ever, Bakuman certainly deserves its own anime adaptation. I enjoyed the manga and I couldn't wait for an adaptation myself~
kirapika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 00:47   Link #33
Falkor

one of the few manga that I'm currently enjoying the most. I'm quite happy and surprised to see an anime announcement being made this soon and with a specific airing season, too.

I have greatly enjoyed some of the shows Kasai Kenichi has directed (Honey and Clover, Nodame and Aoi Hana come to mind), but I can't help but wonder if Bakuman would be the kind of manga that would suit him the most. I think he is quite a good director when it comes to drama, and he can also do very faithful and enjoyable adaptations. however, Bakuman doesn't exactly have a lot of drama, or is focused entirely on comedy, though it has sparks of the two. it's the kind of story that I've always found interesting and enjoyable, for the sole reason that is very interesting, in the way it's told, and developed in every single chapter. you can say it's like a school-life kind of thing, with the school replaced by a mangaka's life/workshop.

what I hope for this adaptation:

- good character designs. The manga is very good at this. the cast is somewhat large, but it has very distinguishable and unique characters, with a especial mention to the good-looking and well-dressed females (Aoki and Miho come to mind).
- please don't make it cheap.
- the manga was very interesting; please make the adaptation interesting, too.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 06:16   Link #34
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I'm not sure how big the budget is. KyoAni places alot of budget into a show because they know it would sell. But I would think that Bakuman's budget is about Toradora or Kobato level, reletively popular but not the most popular thing ever. The problem with Bakuman, I can't see alot of people buying it. Even if it does get well praised on the internet. For example, Ouran is well loved but its DVD only sold about 7k.

I think Kasai should work well with this show, Miracle Train's comedy was...actually funny....
Old 2009-12-12, 08:08   Link #35
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
any huge chance that they will pull a Death Note-style opening?
*points at Takagi who looks almost like you know who without his glasses*
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 08:19   Link #36
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
*points at Takagi who looks almost like you know who without his glasses*
Eh, i think he looks nothing like him. They only have similar hair, that's all.
Old 2009-12-12, 13:03   Link #37
ShootingStars

I like the romance part of the manga, I like it focuses on it. Shows how Mashiro's uncle was like when he was young.
ShootingStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 16:58   Link #38
Westlo
Lets be reality

Kasai should be find with the comedy, Nodame s1 had some hilarious moments in it.. and Kasai is really good at adapting manga, just look at Honey and Clover as well as Nodame Cantabile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
I'm not sure how big the budget is. KyoAni places alot of budget into a show because they know it would sell. But I would think that Bakuman's budget is about Toradora or Kobato level, reletively popular but not the most popular thing ever. The problem with Bakuman, I can't see alot of people buying it. Even if it does get well praised on the internet. For example, Ouran is well loved but its DVD only sold about 7k.
The manga is quite successful, does about 200,000+ in the opening week and is improving all the time in sales. It's also from the Death Note duo and along with Mago and Toriko should be heavily pushed throughout 2010 in WSJ.

It might not end up selling "that" well on dvd/bluray but I really can't see the the guys behind this expecting it to flop and budget accordingly. I would expect/hope J.C Staff's top team on this next Fall... let the "B" teams do season 2 of Index or 3 of Shana.. Bakuman should be their top priority since it can potentially outsell those two properties easily.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 17:27   Link #39
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Kasai should be find with the comedy, Nodame s1 had some hilarious moments in it.. and Kasai is really good at adapting manga, just look at Honey and Clover as well as Nodame Cantabile.

The manga is quite successful, does about 200,000+ in the opening week and is improving all the time in sales. It's also from the Death Note duo and along with Mago and Toriko should be heavily pushed throughout 2010 in WSJ.

It might not end up selling "that" well on dvd/bluray but I really can't see the the guys behind this expecting it to flop and budget accordingly. I would expect/hope J.C Staff's top team on this next Fall... let the "B" teams do season 2 of Index or 3 of Shana.. Bakuman should be their top priority since it can potentially outsell those two properties easily.
The manga might sell well, but remember the current best seller for anime are either moe-blobs or mech. Bakemonogatari is top of the charts, I loved that series, but it is still built upon harem and moe-moe girls. K-on is made entirely of moe blobs. Shana have very stable sales, the next season should be garenteed a sale of about 8k-10k. Index is also doing very well for the its first season, average of 10k too.

I don't think Bakuman is going to well in the anime sales department. I don't think fans of Bakuman loves it so much that they'll spend 6000 yen for 3 episodes, a volume of manga is only 390 yen (if I remember correctly). Nodame Cantabile sells well over a million per volume, and it only sold 4k per volume for the DVD. One Piece sells over 2 million per volume, but it only sells 2k per DVD. A mainstream series don't tend to do so well in the DVD department (other then Gintama because of its fujoshis...)

I think Bakuman would be quite lucky to sell 10k.
Old 2009-12-12, 17:38   Link #40
TJR

Yeah, manga popularity doesn't translate to successful anime at all. It simply depends on whether they can penetrate the hardcore collector market, which is all too narrow. Fujoshi, moe, serial gag.

Index and Shana will get prime treatment because they tap directly into the right fanbase.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, comic works, coming of age, shounen