AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-02-01, 14:09   Link #221
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Well, MLP FiM is a fantasy-driven slice-of-life with a spoon of adventure, something a lot of mahou shoujo shows basically were and still are.

Quote:
But with MLP they are everywhere...
This year, maybe. Last year, I still encountered them by sheer accident. (edit: I meant years 2012 and 2011 respectively, but forgot it's 2013 already )

Quote:
as one concern I have with the show is that she's leaning a little bit towards "Mary Sue" territory IMO.
McCarthy promised Twi's personality won't change, and I have trouble imagining a Mary Sue with a personality like hers.

Quote:
The point of the two part episodes was to demonstrate how strong the main six are when working together. If Twilight can access something like an alicorn form ala Super Saiyan that can magically defeat whatever it is they need to defeat then the arc loses the camaraderie. If Twilight still needs their help then her upgrades are meaningless anyway.
Well, impressive ultra magic doesn't have to be a battle-oriented game breaker. We've yet to learn what kind of "profile" Twi obtains. Cadence's magic, for instance, mostly looks like defence and booster area. If Twi get something of this kind (and again, the synopsis gives a bit of such an impression), she'll be no better solo fighter than Cadence has been shown to be (I wonder, how much did it take Chrysalis to subdue and hide away a freakin' alicorn princess, even before she started feeding on Shining? Something tells me that not TOO much ), although her upgrades may give her other abilities to help (including cleaning up the mess of varying harshness that villains leave behind). And she's still one of the elements of harmony (themselves a valuable strategic weapon for the state security), so M6 teamwork is far from becoming obsolete IMHO.

Last edited by Snork; 2013-02-02 at 07:32.
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 17:07   Link #222
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito Kinomoto View Post
The point of the two part episodes was to demonstrate how strong the main six are when working together. If Twilight can access something like an alicorn form ala Super Saiyan that can magically defeat whatever it is they need to defeat then the arc loses the camaraderie. If Twilight still needs their help then her upgrades are meaningless anyway.

Discord and Nightmare Moon: Celestia could NOT beat them; the elements of harmony were required to beat them

Queen Chrysalis: Celestia lost in a duel against her and Cadance was imprisoned by her; it took both Cadance AND shining armor to beat her

King Sombra: Cadance could only hold him at bay; magical mcguffin and the Chrystal ponies beat him

You're overestimating Alicorn princess power. When it comes down to it, it was made clear that none of the major villains could be beaten by Magical Alicorn Princess power alone; it always took more than that. To put it simply... Friendship magic > Alicorn Princess magic

Quote:
She's a transfer student who moves into a new town with an athlete, a genki, an oujo, an Osakan, and a shrinking violet. She's got a friend who's the butt monkey of many jokes. Only with her girls has she become uber powerful.

Seems legit. :3
HA!

Last edited by Slayerx; 2013-02-02 at 02:04.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 06:34   Link #223
Snork
Twilight lander

Quote:
She's a transfer student who moves into a new town with an athlete, a genki, an oujo, an Osakan, and a shrinking violet. She's got a friend who's the butt monkey of many jokes. Only with her girls has she become uber powerful.
Don't forget another transfer student who starts rivalry with her.
Old 2013-02-10, 12:49   Link #224
Snork
Twilight lander

Spoiler for Episode 13 promo:

Finally some substantial footage. Not only the alicornisation event, but the whole episode promises to be epic. Which is par for the course with MLP season finals. I can't wait!

Games Ponies Play is out already, and it's a simple quality episode. Presumably based on a Fawlty Towers episode, although with that show never having aired in Russia, fans over there draw more parallels with Nikolai Gogol's "The Government Inspector" Simple fun, moar Cadance, shout-outs to the simultaneously-happening events of Just for Sidekicks, and the Mane Six' cheerleading is a total WIN. Oh, and we've seen a flashback with little Dashie and a rainbow-maned stallion, presumably her father.
Old 2013-02-17, 11:49   Link #225
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Spoiler for Magical Mystery Cure:
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 17:05   Link #226
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito Kinomoto View Post
Spoiler for Magical Mystery Cure:
Spoiler:
Old 2013-02-18, 00:14   Link #227
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
As far as I know, another 26 episodes has been bought and paid for, but that could mean 13 episodes for season 4, and 13 for season 5. There were only 13 episodes in season 3, after all.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 09:31   Link #228
Washu-Chan