AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-11-21, 05:22   Link #21
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
O i see, it was £20 from places i was tryin to get it from, such as movietyme, otaku uk, and ip
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 15:51   Link #22
root
Not REAL root

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Tokyopop has only released two box sets. i believe the first one was sold out pretty quickly (I remember that since I had a hard time getting my hands on it) and I haven't seen any reprints ever since. And wasn't it released later than that? (or maybe it was released later over here in Europe)
The official Tokyopop GTO box 1 has episodes 1- 23 and consist of the regular GTO discs 1 to 5 (along with a box and t-shirt). The one on amazon could be a bootleg.
I got my information on the first box set at http://www.tokyopop.com/dbpage.php?p...productid=1638
I've checked numerous online stores and came out negative with box set 1. I've found none with it in stock as of yet. If all else fails, there is the option to purchase the first 5 DVD's individually. I've emailed TokyoPop about box set 1, but haven't heard back from them yet.
root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 16:00   Link #23
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by root
I got my information on the first box set at http://www.tokyopop.com/dbpage.php?p...productid=1638
I've checked numerous online stores and came out negative with box set 1. I've found none with it in stock as of yet. If all else fails, there is the option to purchase the first 5 DVD's individually. I've emailed TokyoPop about box set 1, but haven't heard back from them yet.
Well apparently there has to be a collectors box as well that has all 10 DVD in it. At least that is what a friend of mine claims.

PS The individual DVD's 1-5 are the same as the ones in Box 1 so you would only loose the box itself if you cannot find it.
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 20:27   Link #24
root
Not REAL root

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Well apparently there has to be a collectors box as well that has all 10 DVD in it. At least that is what a friend of mine claims.

PS The individual DVD's 1-5 are the same as the ones in Box 1 so you would only loose the box itself if you cannot find it.
The second box set was just released last month, so if there will be a full collection, it won't be out anytime soon.
I had speculated that about the TokyoPop boxsets. With the individual DVD purchase scenario, I'd pay more for less (minus the box and the t-shirt.) That is the final option I have.
root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 23:20   Link #25
donna8157

This series was a lot of fun to watch, I bought it off of Ebay for a pretty good price. There were some scenes that were a bit too ecchi and the character designs were kind of ugly, but the storyline was so great that it kept you watching. I highly recommend it.

I also recommend the Live Action version of GTO. It's great and it's unlicensed so you can grab it off of this site. =d

Last edited by donna8157; 2004-11-21 at 23:25. Reason: Add
donna8157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 05:51   Link #26
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Woah this thread has been really inactive after the forum incident. Anyways i had a question about GTO series. Is there an OVA for the series after the 43 episodes?. I really didnt like the series ending. It wasnt bad, but i had hoped for some other ending. I mean he should have been proved innocent right?. so why that kind of ending in which
Spoiler for For ending:
. Does any one know if Manga has a better ending?. if it does i want to buy it and read it so could any one who has read it say if it is worth the try?.

Also i had some questions about the live action version of GTO. is it a sequel to the series?. or Does it have a completely diffrent story?.

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2006-04-10 at 06:24.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 11:27   Link #27
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Manga ending
Spoiler:

I think it was quite a good ending though. I recommend it. It would be better if the manga end with Onizuka returned though.

For more information on the manga story, check this website.
http://www.angelfire.com/geek/tetrisnomiko/gto/gto.html

The live action is kinda an alternate universe of GTO. It is basicly the same but with quite some differences though. For example, there's no Urumi or Anko etc. It's enjoyable and certain episodes left me in tears. Hehe.

Time for me to ask question. How does the anime end? I didn't watch the anime....
Thanks!!!
Old 2006-04-10, 15:35   Link #28
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Thanks alot for the summary. It was very well done ^_^. Anime version of GTO was really good too. I can say GTO is one of the few anime that made me depressed by being ended, not because it was depressing but because it was such an enjoyable anime. Regarding the ending, it wasnt that bad. I basically just didnt like it, because the same as Manga he doesnt return.
Spoiler for Anime ending:

I am really bad at doing summaries, sorry if it isnt clear enough . What i still cant figure out myself is why Onizuka even had to run. I mean Saito awakes at the end and the Board of the education gets revlealed to the public.

About the LA version of GTO , it sucks that they dont have Urumi. She was my favorit character too ^_^.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 08:28   Link #29
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

So the anime end this way. It seems to make Onizuka less godlike if he had to run away from police...

I agree that LA don't have much characters. And the students didn't have much role in helping Onizuka unlike in the manga. And each episodes feature the evil teachers trying to kick Onizuka out from school. Kinda funny. And Fuyutsuki had a bigger role in the LA. But honestly, I don't like her very much.
Old 2006-04-12, 08:01   Link #30
Gryff
England ~_~

This anime rocks, its the funniest anime series I've watched ( shame bobobo got licensed because that would be pretty close ).

The LA is pretty bad imo.....
Gryff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 21:27   Link #31
holtyun

GREAT TEACHER ONIZUKA... question

for any fans of GTO that can answer my question... what was Kanzaki Urumi's big secret? i never read the manga, so if any one can answer me

also, im not sure if its the same, but what was the secret about her father in the anime as well?
holtyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 00:31   Link #32
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holtyun
for any fans of GTO that can answer my question... what was Kanzaki Urumi's big secret? i never read the manga, so if any one can answer me

also, im not sure if its the same, but what was the secret about her father in the anime as well?
Her father is a brilliant scientist whose sperm was bought to create her. Basically, she was conceived through a sperm bank.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 00:46   Link #33
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

it was same in the anime too. Except the secret is known earlier.
Old 2006-04-25, 00:55   Link #34
holtyun

hmm

thanx a lot. i actually looked into it and figured it out. i actaully caught that while watching the anime, but i guess i just didnt think it was that big of a deal, so i kept thinking there was more behind it.
holtyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 01:48   Link #35
Xinil
Blargh

Send a message via ICQ to Xinil Send a message via AIM to Xinil
Damn, either I wasn't paying enough attention in the Anime, or my episodes didn't come with this information. Lol, I'm willing to bet the former is true.

Does anyone know what episode that is explained in?
Xinil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 10:16   Link #36
Remittance Man

Location: I live in the ruins of Gill's fortress. You'll see me there with Ryu...
Send a message via AIM to Remittance Man
GTO is probably the funniest....anything. EVER. I haven't laughed so hard at ANYTHING. EVER.
Remittance Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 22:35   Link #37
NordicOtaku

GTO question?

Hi.

I watched Great Teacher Onizuka and I have a question about a trivial matter I thought was odd. Anyway, when they had to take the national test, where Onizuka had to score best points, they didn't show Kanzaki Urumi in the list of top scores from that test when the results came. I understood from the earlier episodes, that she's supposed to be a genius with IQ over 200. So, it would be reasonable, that she would've scored full points or at least something near to that score. Did the ones who created the serie forget her or what's the reason she didn't score excellent points from that test? At least I didn't notice that happening, did I miss something? Anyway, it kinda bothered me. It's a trivial matter, which doesn't matter, but it was kind of disturbing.

Bear with me.
NordicOtaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 00:52   Link #38
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I would suggest you to watch GTO Live Action and also the 2 Movies/Special ( live action ) after completing the Anime . Dont be skeptical regarding the name Great Teacher Onizuka its will be a total shock once you watch it .

One of the better animes around definately
Old 2006-11-03, 03:47   Link #39
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordicOtaku View Post
Hi.

I watched Great Teacher Onizuka and I have a question about a trivial matter I thought was odd. Anyway, when they had to take the national test, where Onizuka had to score best points, they didn't show Kanzaki Urumi in the list of top scores from that test when the results came. I understood from the earlier episodes, that she's supposed to be a genius with IQ over 200. So, it would be reasonable, that she would've scored full points or at least something near to that score. Did the ones who created the serie forget her or what's the reason she didn't score excellent points from that test? At least I didn't notice that happening, did I miss something? Anyway, it kinda bothered me. It's a trivial matter, which doesn't matter, but it was kind of disturbing.

Bear with me.
LOL good question . There can be a few possibilities. Well one is that 1) She didnt score high enough on purpose so that Onizuka can stay. 2) She is the idol of the school and smartest person so as she is allowed to skip school she can Also not take the tests .

Well.............................................. ..................................... Ok fine. I will stop joking around .

The reason is that She is introduced in episode 16, while He took the test in episode 15. I hope that helps .
Old 2007-03-21, 16:11   Link #40
x2lazy2die

this series was really good but i kinda not like the ending... -.- wtf so is he starting all over again? @.@ and how can if sum1 admit they stabbed themself and they still arrest u for attemptive murder... =.=
x2lazy2die is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shonen