3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-03-21, 19:59   Link #181
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Well, the US is the top tier country in the world today. Can you tell me with a straight face it's a crime-less paradise?

Because it's closer to home. I doubt he wanted to travel for weeks just to go to the bordello.
Of course not, but I'm going to say that Earth in this version is less like the US as a whole and more like the richest, most exclusive parts of a city that you can think of. For example, my home is in Chicago, sadly known for it's crime getting out of control at times. However, it has it's neighborhoods (Beverly, some parts of Hyde Park, Kenilworth) that see WAY less crime than others. This is where most of the richest people live and where there is a lot more police presence and security when needed. Sure crime happens there, but at a much, much smaller rate than say the infamous, dangerous parts of town (Englewood, Pullman, etc.).

I'm saying that Earth is more like those areas of city, rather than talking about a city or a country as a whole. Earthers even look down their nose at those from the other planets even landing on it. Ein's confrontation last season at being half Martian showing this.

As to the distance, the colonies are right there, not even a day away? A convenient place to scavenge without anyone caring because it's the colonies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
He's just saying why look around on Earth when there's a plentiful supply of such trafficking right there in the colonies and Mars?

Not to mention on your second point that I highly highly doubt he ever went in person. Its just way too risky for someone of his status, and even then people in the 7Stars could still tell something was up (of course they didn't say anything outright and saved it as potential political ammo while saving the face of the organization). Which sorta ties into the first comment since doing such on Earth would be much riskier than outsourcing from somewhere where nobody really cares
Pretty much this.

Though we do see that Iznario does go to pick out the merchandise in person, as when McGillis is first picked out, it's Iznario we see in front of him.

Though that probably was a place that catered to richer clients and Iznario was probably a regular. So they probably knew to practice discretion.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-21, 20:39   Link #182
DMurphy

It's worth noting that even if Iznario isn't inclined to go off-world in search of child prostitutes -- there's an odd sentence to write -- that doesn't mean whoever supplies them doesn't have off-world operations.

A large enough operation could easily source its children on Mars and the other colonies, where they wouldn't be missed, then funnel those children it views as its best 'product' to Earth, where there's an abundance of rich buyers, while keeping the rest in the colonies.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-21, 23:41   Link #183
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

This is soo gundam-like
the most important guy died on unexpected way
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-22, 01:33   Link #184
Skaddix

There is a difference between a few Rich People engaging in unsavory acts, with crime around and Gjhallahorn letting widespread slavery go rampant on Earth. No one on Mars is surprised when they see Human Debris.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-22, 02:54   Link #185
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
He's just saying why look around on Earth when there's a plentiful supply of such trafficking right there in the colonies and Mars?
I'll turn the question around. Why take the trip when his money and power - and the general corruption of GH - mean he doesn't need to?

Quote:
Not to mention on your second point that I highly highly doubt he ever went in person. Its just way too risky for someone of his status, and even then people in the 7Stars could still tell something was up (of course they didn't say anything outright and saved it as potential political ammo while saving the face of the organization).
It's the opposite. His status means he's above the law. We know he visited pedo brothels. That's where he got McGillis. As for why he went himself... it's because we're talking about his personal sex slaves here. Of course he doesn't want to delegate choosing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Of course not, but I'm going to say that Earth in this version is less like the US as a whole and more like the richest, most exclusive parts of a city that you can think of.
And I'm saying Earth is too big for the whole of it to be like that. When you start including maybe 70% of humanity, you stop being "most exclusive".

Plus, there's always going to be someone to cater to the appetites of the rich and powerful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
It's worth noting that even if Iznario isn't inclined to go off-world in search of child prostitutes -- there's an odd sentence to write -- that doesn't mean whoever supplies them doesn't have off-world operations.

A large enough operation could easily source its children on Mars and the other colonies, where they wouldn't be missed, then funnel those children it views as its best 'product' to Earth, where there's an abundance of rich buyers, while keeping the rest in the colonies.
Plausible. I just don't think the whole of the Earth is under such great protection.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-22, 04:47   Link #186
Irenesharda

Quote:

And I'm saying Earth is too big for the whole of it to be like that. When you start including maybe 70% of humanity, you stop being "most exclusive".

Plus, there's always going to be someone to cater to the appetites of the rich and powerful.

Plausible. I just don't think the whole of the Earth is under such great protection.

That's IF 70% of humanity lives on Earth. Its now spread out from Jupiter, Mars, colonies in between. We don't know how much of humanity actually does live on Earth.

And Earth has always been portrayed as the land for the ultra upper class. Even Kudelia, who is a representative's daughter made history as being the first representitive from Mars to actually come to Earth to meet with the economic bloc's leader. This was unheard of. People from Mars just don't come to Earth. And if they do, the definately don't stay. Last season changed a lot of that.

But anyway, to get back to my original point, it was that McGillis might not even be from Earth, he could be from the colonies or another planet since there IS a greater chance of finding child prosititutes and sex slaves there then you would on Earth itself.

And even if he IS from Earth, I would still technically classify McGillis as former Human Debris. He was simply sold into the sex trade compared to Akihiro and Aston who were field workers.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-03-22, 22:47   Link #187
Skye629

Quote:
I'll turn the question around. Why take the trip when his money and power - and the general corruption of GH - mean he doesn't need to?

It's the opposite. His status means he's above the law. We know he visited pedo brothels. That's where he got McGillis. As for why he went himself... it's because we're talking about his personal sex slaves here. Of course he doesn't want to delegate choosing them.
Why take the trip when he doesn't need to? Well there's various ways I could spin the answer depending on context/situation. Say he happens to be in the Colonies on Gjallerhorn business and discreetly stops by the local human trafficking market (or has potential prospective.....uhm goods....be brought to him for inspection so he doesn't have to go outside while risking being seen)

They may be above the law in many respects, but however we DO have to remember theres a lil Game of Thrones thing here going on between the 7 families. Him being caught or recorded is hard evidence, which can be used against him or the organization. From what we have seen in the show being caught by the general populace is actually a no biggie, since the media can be controlled. The danger is being caught or exposed by another of the families, which then gives them another political leveraging tool. We know that Izanario had ambitions/goals to elevate the family status, from the arranged marriage, to the whole Arbrau affair in S1

And bringing him kids isn't hard, he hardly needs to go himself. He just needs a couple/few servants (whom he's paying top notch to keep this shit secret/knows this industry) to bring him a few kids which match his description/tastes, or maybe the trafficking ring has little pamphlets with images of all their "goods" for customers to choose from. They also might have a "tasting" service if you know what I mean

And this is probably the last time Im typing about Izanario, just thinking about this made me sick
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-22, 23:21   Link #188
Irenesharda

Quote:
And this is probably the last time Im typing about Izanario, just thinking about this made me sick
I just want him to die. Is that too much to ask? I know we're busy being mad at Rustal, and that man has a whole deluge of other problems, but....can we just get one scene in the epilogue where someone ( even an assassin) goes up to his cabin and shoots him? Torture would be perferable but I'll settle for a shooting.
If that's too much I'll even settle for a passing news story about him being discovered violently murdered.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-03-23, 18:01   Link #189
AswgLaghima08

There's this article up on anime now! Perfectly explaining why orga needed to die for his character arc and for mikas
AswgLaghima08 is offline   Reply With Quote