AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2017-07-17, 19:16   Link #5101
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I've noticed how her fighting style has changed since this flashback. Here, her attack patterns are like a dance, but stiff... as if someone was following a diagram to the centimeter.

Or is this the change of choreographer that made it seem that way?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-17, 20:11   Link #5102
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
The visuals did look fairly good, I'll say that much.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-18, 04:47   Link #5103
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I might spoiling fun, but I am not impressed. Both Weiss fight with Knight and Ruby fight with wolfs were much more dynamic, especially that distant shot felt like I am watching old 2D fighting game. Well if it's indeed one of her first fights before she learned how to do it, I guess it would make sense it didn't look that well, but then again RT could rather pick some more exciting battle scene to do then.

Well I am looking forward new season anyway.
I am thoroughly underimpressed myself really. I mean I'm sure it'll be fine. I get immersed pretty easily when there's an actual story going on and I tend to not notice little flaws and such. But in this nearly-contextless demo it's just much more pronounced.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-18, 05:04   Link #5104
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
You do know why the choreography has never really been as good since volume 2 right?
If it were I wouldn't complain in first place, would I ?
Old 2017-07-18, 08:01   Link #5105
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I am thoroughly underimpressed myself really. I mean I'm sure it'll be fine. I get immersed pretty easily when there's an actual story going on and I tend to not notice little flaws and such. But in this nearly-contextless demo it's just much more pronounced.
I'm just counting on this. Team battles are always much better than solo fights, mainly because you have a lot less to do per character, so even if they are tough to properly animate, there is the option to pick a best angle for each of them.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-19, 11:42   Link #5106
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I've noticed how her fighting style has changed since this flashback. Here, her attack patterns are like a dance, but stiff... as if someone was following a diagram to the centimeter.

Or is this the change of choreographer that made it seem that way?
It is very stiff and more like a dance i agree. There isn't that natural flow to it. Back when Winter fought Qrow her's was a lot more fluid. To be fair she is a veteran huntress unlike Weiss (and this is a flashback). But what i did notice is that Winter was summoning the grimm maybe this is a hint at how Weiss was training herself ? As in summoning grimm that she could while fighting them off ? It's an effective way to build up stamina (and aura).
Old 2017-07-26, 12:13   Link #5107
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

The entire mojojoj RWBY swimsuit fanart
Old 2017-08-03, 22:35   Link #5108
Stockpile
Bacon

My friend swears by this show. Is it worth the watch?
Old 2017-08-04, 01:23   Link #5109
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Depends... Do you like CGI anime style cute girls using over the top combat abilities and all kinds of cool looking melee weapons that are also guns?
Old 2017-08-06, 04:24   Link #5110
Tenzen12

Hey, there are also cool guys (,and Jaune) too, There is also cute dog and big monsters! It has many kinds of appeals.
Old 2017-08-06, 06:08   Link #5111
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Basically, if you want to know for sure whether or not you'll like something like this, watch the "Red" trailer.
Old 2017-08-08, 14:51   Link #5112
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Hey, there are also cool guys (,and Jaune) too, There is also cute dog and big monsters! It has many kinds of appeals.
Jaune has a LOT he has a lot potential. We don't know what his semblence is but it's pretty strong looking at the hints his aura levels are absurd and (If this theory is true) he likely has a relic as a weapon ( Crocea Mors). Ruby's the main protagonist so she is the strongest period in the series (and has plot armor just like in every other story not that it's a bad thing) but other characters do have powers that can rival or even match Ruby's. Qrow's "Bad luck" is ACTUAL REALITY WARPING because he influences the chances of something BAD happening. That is overpowered as hell even if the Silver Eyes can warp time or petrify or outright kill a grimm or otherwise with a single burst of light, warping reality in your favor is way stronger.
Anyways before i started the rant all i wanted to say is that don't go (and Jaune) because it's always the character you expect the least from you'll get the most. (And no i'm not a Jaune fanboy before you even think about it, i've seen a lot of series do this mainstream or otherwise creating a weak character that can barely do anything and in the end becomeing the MVP in the final push during the ending.)
Old 2017-08-08, 15:19   Link #5113
Tenzen12

I like Jaune and I do think he became pretty capable fighter with potential grow even further. Of course that, nor anything you say can stop me from making fun of him. That's something I can't compromise on.
Old 2017-08-08, 16:00   Link #5114
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Yet I think his semblance will actually be one that emphasizes his leadership skills, rather than combat prowess.
Old 2017-08-08, 18:06   Link #5115
Twi

I'm kind of hoping its like a barrier effect he can grant to allies. You know, just in case the Aura runs out at an inopportune time.
Old 2017-08-08, 20:31   Link #5116
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-11, 15:11   Link #5117
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I'm kind of hoping its like a barrier effect he can grant to allies. You know, just in case the Aura runs out at an inopportune time.
I dunno, that seems cheap and really boring... So he's a dues ex machina device? We already don't know how much Aura people have and how much damage they can take, so for him to add to an undefined amount of Aura is pretty uninspiring.

What is he supposed to do in fights then? Let Ren shoot at him so he can be some surface to deflect bullets off of? Jaune will be eaten alive by opponents, and a barrier ability will just make him stand there and fail randomly while enemies try to whittle away his aura. Wet noodle fight... yawn.

Compared to RWBY, NR, and the rest of the hunters (even CRDL for hecks sakes), Jaune would be an incredibly boring feature in a fight.

I think his semblance will be something that's pretty broken. We've seen it's physical in nature since he was able to repel Cardin, and that could be effective in helping allies by acting as a form of crowd control.

@sparda

The fact that you're so defensive about being identified as a Jaune fanboy makes you more identifiable as a Jaune fanboy....

Kidding around of course, I like Jaune too.
Old 2017-08-11, 15:37   Link #5118
Twi

Cheap, boring, but considering how Pyrrha died, it'd be symbolic of never wanting to let someone else die in front of him short of gaining the power to resurrect the dead. It's like a temporary White-Mage buff. He can spread his aura around to them to add to their own for defense, dividing his own power to back theirs up while still able to fight.
Old 2017-08-12, 01:07   Link #5119
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

http://www.amiami.jp/top/detail/deta...=FIGURE-032498
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-12, 04:44   Link #5120
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

That's pretty cute.

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby