AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 22 27.85%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 27.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 25.32%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 7.59%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 5.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.53%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.53%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-09, 21:12   Link #41
jacotyco

I think that Light is not hostile enough towards L. He made his father crazy enough to kill him! If i were Light, I'd kill L for my own sake(though that probably wouldn't be to smart XD). forget the death note, get a gun, get a knife, anything to get rid of that guy.
I also agree with above^ posts. Can't remember the last time i heard that evil laugh of Light's. *sigh*
Old 2007-02-10, 11:44   Link #42
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
From L's point of view even during the whole secret cameras part he didn't see any thing. Yet L still thinks light is kira. What better way to watch him that being there?
So he thinks he can see more things by looking from upclose than by using 64 cameras? This is some weird logic - can he see Light when the latter is behind his back? And of course L could use other people in order to not leave Light alone.
And releasing Misa was just hilariously unrealistic, as if in a huge case like this one, anyone suspected of so many murders would be released so easily, how the heck can they be certain she won't use her superpower to kill the policemen around her and escape? Just because she did not use it to kill Light's father in the car? Yeah, as if the story that he alone was driving them to be executed was that plausible in the first place in order to fool them...

Old 2007-02-10, 13:31   Link #43
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
So he thinks he can see more things by looking from upclose than by using 64 cameras? This is some weird logic - can he see Light when the latter is behind his back? And of course L could use other people in order to not leave Light alone.
And releasing Misa was just hilariously unrealistic, as if in a huge case like this one, anyone suspected of so many murders would be released so easily, how the heck can they be certain she won't use her superpower to kill the policemen around her and escape? Just because she did not use it to kill Light's father in the car? Yeah, as if the story that he alone was driving them to be executed was that plausible in the first place in order to fool them...
Agreed. It's like the creator lost his smartness in an instant.
Old 2007-02-11, 01:11   Link #44
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

L wasnt being L in this ep but being more human . He was being childish and imamture not to release Lightu , it was more to do with ego and not admitting he was wrong . He wasnt wrong regarding Kira but sometimes you have to give it a rest .

The Highlight of this ep was L Towers and The Misa commenting Lightu n L swinging both ways
Old 2007-02-11, 03:31   Link #45
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Erm... Hello? L is supposedly the best detective in the world? The Kira case is the most important case in the world? Can L act childish in that kind of a situation? I think not.
Old 2007-02-11, 06:31   Link #46
Jaden

Heh, I for one an not so disappointed at Death Note becoming a bit less serious. I'm sure there will be plenty of seriousness in the upcoming episodes. From a detective's standpoint I guess L's way of keeping an eye of Light is way too much of a bother, but it's certainly not less effective than using spies or cameras. This is funnier...I'll leave it at that.

Anyway main points of this episode:
Light and Misa get out of jail, which was to be expected of course. This episode does a lot to build them new personalities after the mind-wipe. It was necessary, I think. And it's not like L is completely ignorant of what happened. He pretty much knows that both of them are/were related to Kira.
We get clues of where Jealous' death note has now ended up. Very suprising and confusing. It looks as if this opens a whole new arc of the story where Light and L work together to capture the 3rd Kira. And after that...I'm expecting Light's master plan from when he still had the note to be set in motion.
Old 2007-02-11, 10:08   Link #47
Matrim

Quote:
L wasnt being L in this ep but being more human . He was being childish and imamture not to release Lightu , it was more to do with ego and not admitting he was wrong.
What? Why should he admit he was wrong, the circumstantial evidence still points at Light and in an extraordinary case like this such evidence is way more important than in ordinary ones where you can get more proof because of knowledge how the murder was done.

Old 2007-02-11, 10:27   Link #48
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
What? Why should he admit he was wrong, the circumstantial evidence still points at Light and in an extraordinary case like this such evidence is way more important than in ordinary ones where you can get more proof because of knowledge how the murder was done.
Well there was

* circumstanial evidence

* L's gut instinct which has never been wrong

* Light was associated with Kira 2 .

All these 3 things point Light ----> Kira . But there was no solid proof for keeping somone in confinement for over 50 days doesnt justify a hunch . I didnt come up with this the detective in L's team himself tells him the exact same thing ( 3.50 m.s ) That detective was biased but he was talking law , L was abusing power .

If L resorts to that whats the diffrence between L and Light ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quajafrie View Post
Erm... Hello? L is supposedly the best detective in the world? The Kira case is the most important case in the world? Can L act childish in that kind of a situation? I think not.
L is the best detecive in the world or no one would fianance to build that building . That doesnt make L perfect , he is human he is going to ire ie make mistakes NO ONE is always correct , there is nothing such as perfection . He was being childish stuborn and not willing to admit he was wrong . He should have still persued light but with a new approach

Light other than being a deranged power hungry physcopath is a snob and L is a social misfit . Light is supposedly a genius but he made a terrible error of judgement by killing the FBI agent who was investigating him . Without that there was no way to link Light to Kira .
Old 2007-02-11, 11:22   Link #49
Matrim

Quote:
All these 3 things point Light ----> Kira . But there was no solid proof for keeping somone in confinement for over 50 days doesnt justify a hunch . I didnt come up with this the detective in L's team himself tells him the exact same thing ( 3.50 m.s ) That detective was biased but he was talking law , L was abusing power.
Sure but it seems dumb to first imprison someone for fifty days based on only circumstantial evidence and then release him without being sure whether he is guilty or not. Not to mention that if someone with such superpower is captured in the real world he would most likely be "interrogated" (read tortured) until he spills the beans about how he murders people, circumstantial evidence or no circumstantial evidence.

Quote:
But there was no solid proof for keeping somone in confinement for over 50 days doesnt justify a hunch
For all L knows, Light might kill just by thinking about it, without any external signs. How exactly do you find a proof? And if he is going to watch Light 24 hours a day, he can do it by leaving him in confinement and using cameras and police staff.

Old 2007-02-11, 11:37   Link #50
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

L should have resorted to torture and truth serum first hand instead of confinement . There is also Necro anaylisis / Brain mapping . I really dont how L was going to make Light confess with confinement .

This could have been done to Kira 1 and 2 at the earliest . Actually apart from ego and stuborn behaviour L must have though Light was better off locked up as the damage was restricted ...
Old 2007-02-11, 12:32   Link #51
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

The main problem here is Misa. She admitted that she's Kira and there's evidence in her room about that. In reality there's no way L would let her SEE his face. You don't have to be a genius to think that. But L supposedly is, and didn't do anything at all. The mangaka just did it because he didn't know how to progress the story by any other way. Pathetic. Other things in the show before were strange (like L going to the same university with Light just because he was 'feeling' that Kira was Light, without any real evidence), but this is too much.
Old 2007-02-11, 13:07   Link #52
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quajafrie
(like L going to the same university with Light just because he was 'feeling' that Kira was Light, without any real evidence), but this is too much.
Killing Ray exposed Kira . Till then no associated Light with Kira , there was a reason L when to Todai it wasnt strange ... to study his suspect first hand , playing mind games . L had profiled Kira he was checking if Light fit that profile ( the tennis match Light;s thoughts )
Old 2007-02-11, 13:25   Link #53
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

I know that he was exposed from Ray Penbar but still, what L did was too much. He immediately, while watching too different houses, picked the one he 'sensed' that he's the most 'suitable' for the role of Kira, and decided to follow him. Real detectives don't act this way. Most times the real culprit is the one who doesn't look suspicious at all.
Old 2007-02-11, 18:12   Link #54
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Quote:
I know that he was exposed from Ray Penbar but still, what L did was too much. He immediately, while watching too different houses, picked the one he 'sensed' that he's the most 'suitable' for the role of Kira, and decided to follow him. Real detectives don't act this way. Most times the real culprit is the one who doesn't look suspicious at all.
You're getting out of the 17 episode topic discussion.
Old 2007-02-11, 18:45   Link #55
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
The main problem here is Misa. She admitted that she's Kira and there's evidence in her room about that. In reality there's no way L would let her SEE his face. You don't have to be a genius to think that. But L supposedly is, and didn't do anything at all. The mangaka just did it because he didn't know how to progress the story by any other way. Pathetic. Other things in the show before were strange (like L going to the same university with Light just because he was 'feeling' that Kira was Light, without any real evidence), but this is too much.
Um, I didn't want to come into this topic, but after reading many of your posts, I can't help it.
First off, Misa has NEVER ADMITTED SHE'S KIRA. I don't watch fansubs, so I don't know if you watched some badly translated version of this anime or something.
Second, she's has already SEEN L's face, right before she was arrested. There's no point what so ever to try and hide from her now.

I'm sorry, but you keep criticizing the manga artist for "lack of intelligence", yet your "lack of observation" does not give your comments any more credibility.
Old 2007-02-11, 22:22   Link #56
Mystical Lint
All Knowing Idiot

I dunno why people keep focusing on what a "detective" would do or keep saying what L is doing is stupid and such...

From what I see.. L is not a detective. He is just a guy who is incredibly intelligent, well versed in the art of deduction, and get's involved with interesting and unsolvable crime cases because he enjoys it. He also knows precisely how to sit to increase his reasoning by 40%.

But he's always been right. He's always solved every case he's been on.
Maybe it's because of intuition or or other unorthodox means. But he's still always been correct.

And let's face it. However he came to his conclusion about Light and Misa... he was correct. He knows he was correct and it irks him that they outsmarted him somehow.

So whatever he wants to do know with Misa and Light is justified. He is an fact right about them he just needs proof. And, of course, he's got that track record that says his methods work no matter how unsound they may seem.

Then again, I probably just say this cause I like L.
I just what to know where he gets his big bucks from. His services to stop crime come at a hefty price? That'd be ludicrous considering his enjoyment in solving cases and his sense of justice. He's got to be somebody big. Or somebody big's son.
Old 2007-02-12, 06:08   Link #57
anselfir
Style Über Alles

my my aren't you being a good lil viewer and eating out of the director's hand.
Old 2007-02-12, 07:15   Link #58
ShikaShika
無罪

I happened to catch this on tv by coincidence (it was on really late ). Anyway, this pretty much marks the point in the manga where I lost interest... Memory loss is such a boring way to solve a problem when you've painted yourself into a corner... Imo it doesn't get much better from here, unless the anime does it's own ending.
Old 2007-02-12, 12:04   Link #59
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Um, I didn't want to come into this topic, but after reading many of your posts, I can't help it.
First off, Misa has NEVER ADMITTED SHE'S KIRA. I don't watch fansubs, so I don't know if you watched some badly translated version of this anime or something.
Second, she's has already SEEN L's face, right before she was arrested. There's no point what so ever to try and hide from her now.

I'm sorry, but you keep criticizing the manga artist for "lack of intelligence", yet your "lack of observation" does not give your comments any more credibility.
Maybe she hasn't said anything about being the second Kira and I may be wrong with this (though her manner showed that she was more or less guilty, but I'm too bored right now to watch the episode to find specific points), but still, there's EVIDENCE. You can't free someone with this kind of evidence. And yeah, she has seen L's face, so what? She didn't know that that guy she saw at the university was L, she just saw a random guy's name. Even if she had the powers, she wouldn't kill that person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical_Lint
I dunno why people keep focusing on what a "detective" would do or keep saying what L is doing is stupid and such...

From what I see.. L is not a detective. He is just a guy who is incredibly intelligent, well versed in the art of deduction, and get's involved with interesting and unsolvable crime cases because he enjoys it. He also knows precisely how to sit to increase his reasoning by 40%.

But he's always been right. He's always solved every case he's been on.
Maybe it's because of intuition or or other unorthodox means. But he's still always been correct.

And let's face it. However he came to his conclusion about Light and Misa... he was correct. He knows he was correct and it irks him that they outsmarted him somehow.

So whatever he wants to do know with Misa and Light is justified. He is an fact right about them he just needs proof. And, of course, he's got that track record that says his methods work no matter how unsound they may seem.

Then again, I probably just say this cause I like L.
I just what to know where he gets his big bucks from. His services to stop crime come at a hefty price? That'd be ludicrous considering his enjoyment in solving cases and his sense of justice. He's got to be somebody big. Or somebody big's son.
Oh, how convenient! He's just right, even though his plans are full of holes and I'm not sure if he understands what he does, but he can't be wrong at anything, especially since he sits in that way! Just because he's L, and L's always right, and L is Superman, and L is justice, and L always wins. Great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir
my my aren't you being a good lil viewer and eating out of the director's hand.
-----

I can't understand at all. So you think that creators are some kind of Gods who can never make a mistake and no one can criticize them or oppose to them? No, they're not.

Last edited by Quajafrie; 2007-02-12 at 13:01.
Old 2007-02-12, 15:49   Link #60
Sirch

Well, strange twist for the series. I still liked the episode, though I'd give it about a 7/10. Few funny parts but it just seemed out of place for all the comedy. I somewhat agreed with the afro-detective's plea to "This is the Kira Case. Do it more seriously!"

It's all keeping me intrigued, though, and since I don't read the manga I'm still wondering what direction it all could go.