AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-12, 02:33   Link #161
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

It was nice to hear Mai Nakahara’s voice again, and playing another strict character too. <3
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 02:50   Link #162
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Synopsis for episode 3 is released on the official site
Quote:
学園祭での写真部恒例『写真部展』にむけ、「自分の納得がいく写真が取りたい!撮って撮ってとりまくろう。 そうすれば、自ずと答えが見えてくるはず!」と写真に真剣に(?!)目覚め始める前田一也。だが写真部展の ミスフォトジェニックに新見遙佳が選ばれてしまった。しかも同じ写真部の中川行太、東孝から「オペレーショ ン新見遙佳」が発動された。
「オペレーション新見遙佳」とは…?一也は遙佳を守れるのだろうか…。
http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/photokano...j.html#story03
Basically, Haruka is selected by Kudou as this year's Miss Photogenic; Nakagawa and Azuma then starts their "Operation Niimi Haruka".
Spoiler for Azumaaa D::

Original soundtrack will be released on June 28th while Character song album is slated for July 3rd. The character song will features all 7 heroines plus Kanon.......... and Uchida Yuuko!! Wonder if this means we'll get Uchida arc too
http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/photokano/goods/cd_1.html

Btw, Ichimichi Mao (Gokaiger's Gokai Yellow)'s wearing Kouga Academy student's uniform to promote Photo Kano days ago :3
Old 2013-04-12, 07:19   Link #163
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Uh oh, the chances of things going very bad in this anime are very high. That camera has embarrassing pictures of not one, but two girls that he has claimed will not be seen by anyone else. This can only lead to 2 things. One, the main characters turns into an evil bastard that blackmails everyone, or two, the other club members will find and use the pictures.

Damn you Maede! I know the temptation is strong with all the girls but delete the pictures! Leave that club you were pressured into!
Old 2013-04-12, 09:05   Link #164
Newhope

This is going onto my watch when I have nothing better to do list which is disapponting this was one of the anime I was looking forward too, but what I feared would happen is and thats no clear focuss on one girl leading to a typical mess of a show.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 10:19   Link #165
Midonin
Last Engage

Photo Kano 02 - MaiKano

The hero's younger sister in these games/anime always has a friend of her own age among the first years. While we haven't seen much of Mai and Kanon together, I suspect that a future episode will prominently feature them. Mostly Aki and Haruna this week - with so many cast members, screentime is a matter of importance for everybody. I'm still finding the show enjoyable. The way the characters bounce off each other is fun, though I'd like to see the girls interacting with each other, too, and not just Kazuya. That swimsuit photo shoot scene was also a nice bit of fanservice. Not explicit, but still pretty enticing.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 10:23   Link #166
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I had forgotten even Mai Nakahara was going to be in this show. Now I have to keep watching it no matter how uninteresting it is... which is very. The plot's a complete mess. There's no direction. MC just interacts with about half a dozen girls per episode and that's it. Haruka does seem to have a slight edge over the others girls, but I'm not sure anything is going to come out of this. The best aspect of the show so far is the fanservice. I liked that photoshoot.
Old 2013-04-12, 11:47   Link #167
kobester11

They're planning on covering all the routes I guess? Pretty much like Clannad's super route.
kobester11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 16:05   Link #168
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I guess this is what happens when your animé adaption of a game decides to turn their routes into a freeway^^;;.
Old 2013-04-12, 16:11   Link #169
Dop
Mmmm....

Well, I think this is dropped. Unless I hear that the photography club gets a sound drubbing and protag-kun gets a good talking to and shown how to use his camera wisely and without being a creepy sleazebag, at least.

Gives photographers a bad name and sets a bad example, this does.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 20:27   Link #170
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Losing interest in this anime fast. Too many girls being thrown around each episode. It's difficult to really get use to how everyone is, and how they're connected to the MC. Also, the Photography Club is just creepy. The fact that he went with peer pressure when picking them, made him lose points in my view.

Will give it another episode or two before deciding to drop it or not.
Old 2013-04-12, 20:30   Link #171
Nork22

Enjoy the randomness of episode 2, and will just continue on with this show despite the Internet dropping this show like a rock into water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
Was it really that good?
For me yes. Closer to some of her works on Aria than something like Kannazuki no Miko or Kaleido Star.

Last edited by Nork22; 2013-04-12 at 21:06.
Nork22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 21:49   Link #172
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
Uh oh, the chances of things going very bad in this anime are very high. That camera has embarrassing pictures of not one, but two girls that he has claimed will not be seen by anyone else. This can only lead to 2 things. One, the main characters turns into an evil bastard that blackmails everyone, or two, the other club members will find and use the pictures.

Damn you Maede! I know the temptation is strong with all the girls but delete the pictures! Leave that club you were pressured into!
Or, like Junichi intended in Amagami SS Plus's BD bonus ep, it's to be private fap material. Which was the whole point of Junichi taking lots of cosplay photos of Tsukasa. Unfortunately for him, she confiscated them all.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 00:19   Link #173
YourIdeas

Episode 2 -

Animation quality seemed to drop this episode and I wasn't particularly impressed with the first episode's quality either. Outside of that, I find it funny how the girls are basically trying their hardest to act like fap material for Kazuya. Even the strict student council president is just like "oh, you're going to keep those panty shots of me? K, bye".

At this point, I'm just sort of watching this series for fun now. My expectations for it dropped dramatically.
YourIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 04:46   Link #174
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Wow, this MC is about a dense as lead isn't he?

Haruka: "I want you to take photos of me! I want you to look at me!"

MC: "Sure I'll take photos of you..." ¬__¬

Fucking idiot.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 04:57   Link #175
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Episode 2 was..... okay and still enjoyable somehow for me. It kinda surprised me that they also mention little bit of Kanon's memory, as it's only shown on her route. Wonder if we'll get more of her route on future episodes. As for Rina, poor her she never had screen time on this episode, oh wait she did! Twice even, albeit only her thighs

The animation is indeed disappointing, some characters look quite off if he/she's not in focus. When Haruka asked Kazuya to be his model, it feels like it's over-dramatized. We don't get to know why Kazuya said he can understand Tomoe feels, maybe they save it for later. We also don't get to hear Aki's trying to justify and make Kazuya understand why she's late like on the game, they make Kazuya looks more.... psychopath instead He probably looked what most people expect him to be when reading this show's premise

As for the voice, maybe it's only me but Mizuhashi Kaori and Mai Nakahara sound different as Hikari and Aki respectively. Hikari's tone on the game sounds heavier and she talks slowly as for Aki's, can't really describe it but she's slightly different. But with her pouting, he gets my love this episode X3

Oh, and looks like I'm awaken to new fetish :T

As for many people's questioning where's the plot, maybe it's best to remember that Photo Kano is originally a love simulation. I'm probably wrong since I only played 2 love sims so far my entire life, this and Love Plus. But even the highly appreciated Amagami (the anime, I haven't played the game so I couldn't really compare it) doesn't really have mind-breaking plot, does it? Just Junichi's getting closer/raising flags with the girls while dealing with their respective problem. And wasn't that what makes the love sims? The plot won't be too heavy because what they sell the most on love sims is the way player can communicate (or should I say, icha icha? ) with the girls freely, discussing the topic we choose on our own, unlike the kind of visual novel where the story is heavier but the freedom of how player interact with the heroines is more limited. That way, on love sim players have better chance to relate better with the story since it's more down-to-earth/simple.
Old 2013-04-13, 05:09   Link #176
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
As for many people's questioning where's the plot, maybe it's best to remember that Photo Kano is originally a love simulation. I'm probably wrong since I only played 2 love sims so far my entire life, this and Love Plus. But even the highly appreciated Amagami (the anime, I haven't played the game so I couldn't really compare it) doesn't really have mind-breaking plot, does it? Just Junichi's getting closer/raising flags with the girls while dealing with their respective problem. And wasn't that what makes the love sims? The plot won't be too heavy because what they sell the most on love sims is the way player can communicate (or should I say, icha icha? ) with the girls freely, discussing the topic we choose on our own, unlike the kind of visual novel where the story is heavier but the freedom of how player interact with the heroines is more limited. That way, on love sim players have better chance to relate better with the story since it's more down-to-earth/simple.
Amagami had more than 13 episodes, and even then there was still a clear direction where we could tell what route Junichi was taking. Here, there are flags being raised left and right for nearly every girl with no rhyme or reason to them.

I guess that's fine for now, but people do want Maeda to go after a single heroine eventually.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 05:14   Link #177
YourIdeas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Amagami had the advantage of being set in alternate realities for each individual girl where each girl gets 4 episodes to introduce herself, get closer to Junichi, resolve a conflict or two, and have a happy ending (6 if you include season 2). It stayed truer to a Love simulation game without degenerating into a harem.

Photo Kano, in contrast, is trying to fit 7 girls into 12 episodes who have to interact with MC. (and all of them seem to be attracted to MC because "omfg he has a camera.") On top of this, there are two photo clubs and a little sister who are getting quite a bit of screen time. It's a very cramped cast, and no matter who MC picks, it's gonna inevitably end up feeling like cheating, given that the girls are essentially walking up to him and saying "Yes, I love you. Now take borderline erotic pictures of me." Photo Kano is pretty shameless in the sense that it knows its trying to be ecchi and it's willing to hit us full force with that thought, which is the only reason I'm sticking with the series.

Last edited by YourIdeas; 2013-04-13 at 05:52.
YourIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 07:20   Link #178
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Oh I agree that only had 12 episodes quota while having too many casts is one of this show's weakness, making us wonder which direction this show will go and what will happen to losing girls after all their raised flags.

I was referring to those who ask for (heavy?) story, hoping for plot more than "MC's solving the girl's problem and thus get them close for happy ending" Despite the difference with Amagami's omnibus and Photo Kano's harem approach, they are basically the same anime that focusing more of the interaction/romance development between the MC and the girls, not like most LN/VN-based anime nowadays that have more specific theme and story but along the way setting the girls attracted to MC one way or another creating shipping war between fans ^^

Btw, in the game, even if there's no harem route, but gameplay-wise player can go bouncing from one girl to another until the 2 month deadline is reached, you know. You can even maxed the affection for more than 1 girls, but yeah, ultimately you can only get 1 girl as your girlfriend
Old 2013-04-13, 08:21   Link #179
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I find the entire club members.....a bunch of perverts..
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 08:22   Link #180
Aqua Knight

I wish someone talked some sense into MC, even if it meant using fists
Oh and I hate nearly everyone in MC club,especially the blond girl

Also all those "look at me", "photo me" phrases just sound like "make love to me, hurry!". I think that If MC wanted, the swimsuit photo shoot could have ended with something more steamy

Tags
high school, romance