AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-05-17, 14:58   Link #3841
ta2666

Or there is no mind control. We only know that something is up with gmr not what is up with gmr. If wolf had no obligation left to the suc then why did he back down from gmr instead of pressing the issue and fighting gmr.
ta2666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 16:03   Link #3842
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2666 View Post
Or there is no mind control. We only know that something is up with gmr not what is up with gmr. If wolf had no obligation left to the suc then why did he back down from gmr instead of pressing the issue and fighting gmr.
Have you even read the last few chapters ?

In last the plot goes around medicine that allows mind control... or more like brainwash forcing one individual to do certain thing..for snipers it was beliving gromo is god

Sophie was nervous for a while... gromo used a lot of energy and it looks like after he met shioon he started to have headaches....sophie mentioned in chapter 157

"no it cant happen now" and next talking about his condition (while all sweating)

gromo started to become suspicous of what is sophie talking about... and wolf next saw what is going on (since suc is giving the mind control pills as its part of their plan) and just didnt want to fight someone who is not himself

all wolf wanted was to see the real gromo that his own master sacraficed his life to protect.... he acepted gromos skill... but he didnt saw the "person/will/spirit" of that person.... mostly he noticed that Gromo is more of a pupet that others are using for their benefits then shioon was (showing skill and spirit which made wolfs heart beat faster)

If gromo is under mind control pills or brainwashed (or pills that give such efects...that they lose themselfs and do as told)... he might not remember shioon and thats whats ringing in his head right now as pills effects wear off and memories start to flow back.... wolf might have noticed that talking with gromo right now is useless as he is not himself... gromo might not remember the past at all which makes him angry since wolf on that balcony asked him about ugwol and gromo got all angry like a beast from the past (hate alliance where he tried to attack kwon)
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 21:34   Link #3843
ta2666

Uh yeah.
First off gmr is not under suc, nor is there any evidence that bfd is using mind control. Do you really think someone can force him to take any pills he doesn't want to?
Secondly he remembered shion just fine. He also remembered his grudge with the murim alliance. All that about him not remembering is just speculation at best at this point in time.
Wolf wanted to know why unwol cast him out and taught gmr. He also wanted to learn what hyun wun Ji kyung is. Check ch 105 page 4 says it there. Currently he doesn't have either of those answers, so there is no point in switching sides.
Old 2014-05-17, 22:11   Link #3844
anonfr

Quote:
Uh yeah.
First off gmr is not under suc, nor is there any evidence that bfd is using mind control. Do you really think someone can force him to take any pills he doesn't want to?
Secondly he remembered shion just fine. He also remembered his grudge with the murim alliance. All that about him not remembering is just speculation at best at this point in time.
Wolf wanted to know why unwol cast him out and taught gmr. He also wanted to learn what hyun wun Ji kyung is. Check ch 105 page 4 says it there. Currently he doesn't have either of those answers, so there is no point in switching sides.
His Cigarettes.

His Cigarettes are laced with the drug. Should've listened to Shioon and quit.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 22:29   Link #3845
ta2666

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
His Cigarettes.

You got me there.
What I think is most damning to the whole wolf changing side is the comments on page 14 ch 157.
Also why would Sophia ask gmr to be mindful of his condition if she was dosing with mind control drugs?
Old 2014-05-17, 22:51   Link #3846
Hokoga

Quote:
His Cigarettes.

If you wanted to drug him that would be the best and safest method

Although I do agree that something has been done to 9AD(probably by the BFD), but still it's best not to make longwinded speculations because there's always that one commenter who will refute in a way as if what they say is an absolute fact (like their the author or something ) So just wait until the mystery is revealed.
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 22:59   Link #3847
anonfr

Quote:
You got me there.
What I think is most damning to the whole wolf changing side is the comments on page 14 ch 157.
Also why would Sophia ask gmr to be mindful of his condition if she was dosing with mind control drugs?
I was joking about the cigarettes, I mean it's possible though aha.

To be fair, after Sohpia said that he replied "What are you trying to.." like he was confused.

Even after Ryuji said he isn't his true self he was confused.

As for Ryuji changing sides, that theory has existed ever since he was introduced. I don't think that particular part is damning at all either. You interpret it as him backing out because the elder said so, but his comments afterwards criticizing it as a "foolish endeavor" can open it up as Ryuji washing his hands clean of them and walking away.

It really depends on what you happen to focus on. I mean, the drugs theory is present on a lot of other forums, so is Ryuji changing sides, so there's a pretty large group of people that think it's going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post

Although I do agree that something has been done to 9AD(probably by the BFD), but still it's best not to make longwinded speculations because there's always that one commenter who will refute in a way as if what they say is an absolute fact (like their the author or something ) So just wait until the mystery is revealed.
I really don't like when people only comment on something to say "No." Or people that act like they're an authority on the material when they aren't. But, again, the theory is really popular in other forums. I've read a lot of versions of it, some of them really convincing. There's a lot of circumstantial evidence and a lot that's open for interpretation.

I kind of do hope his cigarettes are laced though.
Old 2014-05-17, 23:04   Link #3848
ta2666

Quote:

You are correct sir.
@anofnfr that's not how I interpreted it. I just thought the whole if murim found out who you are you would have to fight everyone alone comment was interesting. It's like there is more to wolf than we know
Old 2014-05-17, 23:32   Link #3849
anonfr

Quote:
You are correct sir.
@anofnfr that's not how I interpreted it. I just thought the whole if murim found out who you are you would have to fight everyone alone comment was interesting. It's like there is more to wolf than we know
Like I said, It's open to interpretation.

But let me get this straight, do you think the elder was threatening to expose Ryuji instead of ordering him?
Old 2014-05-17, 23:38   Link #3850
ta2666

Yes or he was saying he will expose himself if he continues the fight. The statement was kind of ambiguous so.....
Old 2014-05-17, 23:47   Link #3851
anonfr

Quote:
Yes or he was saying he will expose himself if he continues the fight. The statement was kind of ambiguous so.....
Agreed. Hmm. That is something to think about though. I always assumed he shouldn't be exposed as a student of Un Wol.
Old 2014-05-17, 23:50   Link #3852
Hokoga

Quote:
I kind of do hope his cigarettes are laced though.
Me too, and when he figures it out Shioon is standing there with a smug 'I told you so' written all over his face.
Spoiler for Delusional Preview:
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-17, 23:55   Link #3853
ta2666

Why? The previous alliance chief knows he doesn't have the breathing technique. Unless someone wants revenge for unwol killing those elders after all these years, I don't see the point of the secrecy.
@hokoga nice.
Old 2014-05-18, 00:27   Link #3854
anonfr

Quote:
Me too, and when he figures it out Shioon is standing there with a smug 'I told you so' written all over his face.
Spoiler for Delusional Preview:
ahaha that's exactly what I was thinking about!

Quote:
Why? The previous alliance chief knows he doesn't have the breathing technique. Unless someone wants revenge for unwol killing those elders after all these years, I don't see the point of the secrecy.
@hokoga nice.
That's just your thoughts on it though.

Un Wol was considered the greatest power of his generation, he was feared, as is Chun Woo. Ryuji being a disciple of Un Wol could have a lot of implications. The Black Heaven and Earth technique isn't everything, Kwon doesn't have it and he's still crazy powerful. Ryuji might not know the ki circulation technique(not breathing) But he still knows the full extent of the Black Heaven and Earth style. I've started to think I've underestimated how strong he is.

Either way, there's multiple reasons one can come up with for why it would make sense. It could be something more, but I don't see what it could possibly be.
Old 2014-05-18, 01:04   Link #3855
ta2666

Quote:
ahaha that's exactly what I was thinking about!

That's just your thoughts on it though.

Un Wol was considered the greatest power of his generation, he was feared, as is Chun Woo. Ryuji being a disciple of Un Wol could have a lot of implications. The Black Heaven and Earth technique isn't everything, Kwon doesn't have it and he's still crazy powerful. Ryuji might not know the ki circulation technique(not breathing) But he still knows the full extent of the Black Heaven and Earth style. I've started to think I've underestimated how strong he is.

Either way, there's multiple reasons one can come up with for why it would make sense. It could be something more, but I don't see what it could possibly be.
I brought up the ki circulation technique (my bad, use to be breathing technique when I read the breaker) because that was what the old chairman wanted and what this all started over. Ryuji doesn't have it so the old chairman has no cause to peruse him. As for the rest of murim, why would they peruse him? Because he is unwol's deciple? That seems kinda thin to me. Let's just put it at me wanting more from an awesome character that's still somewhat under developed.
Old 2014-05-18, 01:15   Link #3856
anonfr

Quote:
I brought up the ki circulation technique (my bad, use to be breathing technique when I read the breaker) because that was what the old chairman wanted and what this all started over. Ryuji doesn't have it so the old chairman has no cause to peruse him. As for the rest of murim, why would they peruse him? Because he is unwol's deciple? That seems kinda thin to me. Let's just put it at me wanting more from an awesome character that's still somewhat under developed.
Well, my point is, we really don't know yet since he's so underdeveloped. The best course, is to pick up this conversation next week or the week after since at least some things seem like they're about to come to a front.

The old chairman and his motives aside though, the rest of Murim might have a different mindset than the old chairman. The Old Chairman might not care about Ryuji, but him being Un Wol's disciple might sprout some fear in others.
Old 2014-05-18, 06:59   Link #3857
ta2666

Has the idea that it's less mind control and more lack of mind control been put out there. By that I mean gmr lacks the ability to stop himself from falling into bot when fighting someone strong like say wolf or kang sung?
Old 2014-05-18, 13:33   Link #3858
anonfr

Quote:
Has the idea that it's less mind control and more lack of mind control been put out there. By that I mean gmr lacks the ability to stop himself from falling into bot when fighting someone strong like say wolf or kang sung?
Do you mean in the other forums? Umm, There have been some lengthy debates(Arguments) over whether or not it's drugs or side effects from 9AD overusing BOT. More people lean toward it being drugs or some other condition. But you know, there's some ulterior motive in this. The fact is a lot of people don't want it to be related to the BOT because then it can effect Shioon.

Basically, Shioon is closer than anyone else to mastering the BOT, he can already retain his martial arts under it's effects, and he's apparently mastered the meditation technique almost completely with the triple blossom thing he's doing. So he's closer to being able to master BOT than UN-Wol or 9AD.

So if 9AD's condition is related to his use of BOT it can effect Shioon later on and that whole plot point is shot down.

But, yeah the idea has been put out there.
Old 2014-05-18, 13:52   Link #3859
ta2666

Quote:
Do you mean in the other forums? Umm, There have been some lengthy debates(Arguments) over whether or not it's drugs or side effects from 9AD overusing BOT. More people lean toward it being drugs or some other condition. But you know, there's some ulterior motive in this. The fact is a lot of people don't want it to be related to the BOT because then it can effect Shioon.

Basically, Shioon is closer than anyone else to mastering the BOT, he can already retain his martial arts under it's effects, and he's apparently mastered the meditation technique almost completely with the triple blossom thing he's doing. So he's closer to being able to master BOT than UN-Wol or 9AD.

So if 9AD's condition is related to his use of BOT it can effect Shioon later on and that whole plot point is shot down.

But, yeah the idea has been put out there.
Hmm so the current mode of thinking is he is under mind control, over using bot, or has some sort of mystery condition such as injury or illness that's causing his confusion. Knowing this author it will probably not be until part 3 that we know for sure. He will kick out some cryptic foolishness in 10 or 12 weeks. End part 2 a few years after that. Then and only then will he grant us the truth behind it all at the end of part 3 sometime after the polar caps melt.
Old 2014-05-18, 14:12   Link #3860
anonfr

Quote:
Hmm so the current mode of thinking is he is under mind control, over using bot, or has some sort of mystery condition such as injury or illness that's causing his confusion. Knowing this author it will probably not be until part 3 that we know for sure. He will kick out some cryptic foolishness in 10 or 12 weeks. End part 2 a few years after that. Then and only then will he grant us the truth behind it all at the end of part 3 sometime after the polar caps melt.
That's actually another point of confusion. Big confusion actually. A team scans posted that part 3 starts at chapter 150. But since it's new waves, it's like "Is it part 3 of new waves? Or is it part 3 of the whole series?"

I actually think it could be a mixture of both. Like, it could be drugs and overuse of the BOT. Or BOT and a mystery condition. For some reason I don't think it's just one thing.

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves