AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-24, 14:38   Link #3961
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBernax2814 View Post

Or the "King" position is just in name?, which in my opinion would be lame because the rest of the peerage receive boost from their pieces.
The "boost" in their abilities is because of ther move-style (Like the knight moves in L and the Rook moves verticaly and horizontally) that represents their roles in normal chess, the king's role is to command and survive, not to fight.

About Vali's peerage, I'm not saying he can't have one (But, as stated by sunsengnim, he doesn't care about it),I'm saying that he'd have a regular set, with one mutation piece at most, since I don't recall any peerage having more than tbat.

Last edited by Chichiryuushintei; 2014-03-24 at 14:52.
Old 2014-03-24, 15:08   Link #3962
Tbolt

And it was stated that they were rare not every high class devil gets one. Volume 4 Life 3, only 1 in 10 new sets have one.

Last edited by Tbolt; 2014-03-24 at 16:11.
Old 2014-03-24, 19:58   Link #3963
Always86

If Rias doesn't have a piece she could be Ise Queen. If we agree they would never fight it wouldn't matter. Although I do think it would be cute for there to be a big build up Oppai dragon vs Switch Princess, Master vs Servant and then the second the fight starts for them both to symiltaniously retire so they don't have to fight each other. I like the idea that wouldn't have been discussed and they are both retiring to let the other win.

Edit: if they were to fight, Ise could always be made to sacrifice his pawns so it was an even battle,

If Kuroka is 2 bishops couldn't she be Vali's two bishops?

Vali may be a battle freak but I think in that regard ratings games would suit him well. It would allow him to fight regularly against the strongest in the Devil world, and it seems likely that other factions will enter the game as more time passes. If that's the case Vali can fight the most powerful people in the world to his hearts content without having to be an on the run terrorist.

I really wouldn't be surprised if that is how Vali ends up. Let not forget people grown and change. And Vali maturing in a way where he gets his own peerage wouldn't be surprising. Can't see a problem.
Old 2014-03-24, 20:18   Link #3964
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always86 View Post
If Rias doesn't have a piece she could be Ise Queen. If we agree they would never fight it wouldn't matter. Although I do think it would be cute for there to be a big build up Oppai dragon vs Switch Princess, Master vs Servant and then the second the fight starts for them both to symiltaniously retire so they don't have to fight each other. I like the idea that wouldn't have been discussed and they are both retiring to let the other win.

If Kuroka is 2 bishops couldn't she be Vali's two bishops?

Vali may be a battle freak but I think in that regard ratings games would suit him well. It would allow him to fight regularly against the strongest in the Devil world, and it seems likely that other factions will enter the game as more time passes. If that's the case Vali can fight the most powerful people in the world to his hearts content without having to be an on the run terrorist.

I really wouldn't be surprised if that is how Vali ends up. Let not forget people grown and change. And Vali maturing in a way where he gets his own peerage wouldn't be surprising. Can't see a problem.
rating games have tons of rules and they change every fight you think vali is gonna like that?
and the excuse of they'll just ask to remove the rules every fight for an all out fight doesn't stand.
it would take away the whole strategical/technique aspect of the game let alone the opposing team would surely decline pretty much every time.

so yeah it's doubtful we'd ever see a vali peerage + vali fights with his own rules on his own terms so he'd probably hate the rating games if he had to take part and if by some miracle vali does end up in a rating game it would be for 1 fight only isseis peerage vs valis peerage.
wich would quickly turn out into a king vs king fight wich would make the whole peerage/rating game useless.
Old 2014-03-24, 20:28   Link #3965
Always86

I disagree. If Vali enjoys fighting, and rules in a fight make it more of a challenge in one way or another, I think he'd enjoy that. I suppose what it comes down to is would he rather loose and be dead or loose and get to fight again. Does he like fighting to the point he'd rather die if he looses or live to get to fight another day.

What I mean is if Ise were to get a fight against Rias they could tell Ise he can't use his pawns that way him and Rias would have the same number of pieces at their disposal. Of course this would mean he couldn't have made her his queen unless they banned queens as well. My main thinking at the minute really is that Ise could make Rias his queen.
Old 2014-03-24, 20:41   Link #3966
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always86 View Post
I disagree. If Vali enjoys fighting, and rules in a fight make it more of a challenge in one way or another, I think he'd enjoy that. I suppose what it comes down to is would he rather loose and be dead or loose and get to fight again. Does he like fighting to the point he'd rather die if he looses or live to get to fight another day.

What I mean is if Ise were to get a fight against Rias they could tell Ise he can't use his pawns that way him and Rias would have the same number of pieces at their disposal. Of course this would mean he couldn't have made her his queen unless they banned queens as well. My main thinking at the minute really is that Ise could make Rias his queen.
vali has mentioned before hes fighting to test his limits if that makes him end up dead so be it i can't really remember where he mentions it though..

well this is what was on the wiki wich pretty much points out he'd fight strong opponents till there's none left or he ends up dead and i doubt a rating game would give him a satisfying fight.

Quote:
Vali strongly believes in his own strength. Along with the Longinus "Divine Dividing" and his demonic powers, he refuses to use any other weapon beside the two. He is known to be a battle maniac, being obsessed to find strong opponents, and having said that he would gladly welcome death if there was no one strong for him to fight
rias as a queen doesn't work since she's already a king and a king can't downgrade to another piece.
Old 2014-03-24, 21:01   Link #3967
anifreik

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsengnim View Post
rias as a queen doesn't work since she's already a king and a king can't downgrade to another piece.
Uhm, I don't remember that ever being actually stated in the LN. Can you give any proof of that? Because while he was a Queen first, Tannin is both a King and Queen, so it goes to say that you can be both.
Old 2014-03-24, 21:10   Link #3968
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifreik View Post
Uhm, I don't remember that ever being actually stated in the LN. Can you give any proof of that? Because while he was a Queen first, Tannin is both a King and Queen, so it goes to say that you can be both.
yes, you can be both but only if you were a lower piece first.
you can upgrade to a king and be both you just can't downgrade once king.

although there is no proof of this it's pretty obvious.
since the whole chess piece thing got started to strengthen the devils.
it would be counter-productive if kings would go on becoming lower pieces since this would divide strength and slow down adding fresh blood.
Old 2014-03-24, 21:10   Link #3969
G147

Tannin was reincarnated into a Devil using a Queen Piece and he eventually got promoted into an Ultimate-Class Devil and got his own peerage becoming a King. Tannin was never a King from the start.
Old 2014-03-24, 21:41   Link #3970
Tbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
Tannin was reincarnated into a Devil using a Queen Piece and he eventually got promoted into an Ultimate-Class Devil and got his own peerage becoming a King. Tannin was never a King from the start.
Well he was a Dragon King before he was reincarnated.
Old 2014-03-24, 21:48   Link #3971
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Well he was a Dragon King before he was reincarnated.
well tannin is a special case... since he became a devil to save and protect the dragons.
Old 2014-03-24, 21:53   Link #3972
Tbolt

Cant wait for a pregnant Rias to wake up with a craving for dragon apples and cottage cheese and making Ise go get some from Tannin.
Old 2014-03-24, 21:56   Link #3973
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Cant wait for a pregnant Rias to wake up with a craving for dragon apples and cottage cheese and making Ise go get some from Tannin.
^ all of issei harem member craving for dragon apple. Tannin supply will be ..... if that happen

on a slight different topic can you reincarnate non-living things for example a robot like vali's allies?
Old 2014-03-24, 21:59   Link #3974
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
^ all of issei harem member craving for dragon apple. Tannin supply will be ..... if that happen

on a slight different topic can you reincarnate non-living things for example a robot like vali's allies?
i just wanted to say that! poor tannin is gonna run out of apples!

also if i remember correctly only living beings and items with a soul can be reincarnated.
Old 2014-03-24, 22:01   Link #3975
Tbolt

Poor Ise he might as well build a 7-11 at his house, he is never going to get any sleep.

Ise rub my feet they hurt.
Ise help me up.
Ise I'm hungry.
Ise fluff up my pillow.
Ise I have to pee.
Ise my roids hurt put some lotion on them.
Old 2014-03-24, 22:05   Link #3976
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy

Quote:
Poor Ise he might as well build a 7-11 at his house, he is never going to get any sleep.

Ise rub my feet they hurt.
Ise help me up.
Ise I'm hungry.
Ise fluff up my pillow.
all of that times 2-7 or more if he gets lucky or "unlucky" he's gonna have to get lots of nannies if he wants to keep his sanity.

does anyone else wanna see tannin as a nanny? this just popped up if they develop their dragon powers too early and he needs to step in to teach them how to control it.
imagining tannin with an apron feeding the kids is making me giggle.
Old 2014-03-24, 22:14   Link #3977
Tbolt

5 or 6 of the kids are fighting and to stop it Tannin just roasts them with his dragon fire, then they just stand there smoking saying were sorry uncle Tannin.

Or a female dragon trying to keep the boys from peeping at the girls bath.
Old 2014-03-24, 22:27   Link #3978
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
5 or 6 of the kids are fighting and to stop it Tannin just roasts them with his dragon fire, then they just stand there smoking saying were sorry uncle Tannin.

Or a female dragon trying to keep the boys from peeping at the girls bath.
i wonder if the trap will peek into
Old 2014-03-24, 22:43   Link #3979
Tbolt

At bed time the kids want Uncle Tannin to tell them a story, so he sits down and tells the kids Ok this story is about the time I chased your dad around a mountain trying to kill him!
Old 2014-03-24, 22:51   Link #3980
drago_159

I don't know if this is on another forum, but what do you think the harem order is up through vol. 17 life 0? Mine is listed below

1. Rias (unmovable)
2. Akeno (she's been really aggressive recently)
3. Koneko (she proposed in a way)
4. Asia (really falling behind the other girls)
5. Xenovia
6. Irina
7. Kuroka (gaining ground, especially considering her new residence)
8. Ravel (still has let the dense idiot know her feelings yet)
9. Rossweisse (just entered the running in my opinion, will probably be higher by vol. 18 life 0)
10. Ophis (no visible emotions, probably not really part of the harem)
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, echii, harem, oppai, romance, school life