AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2019-07-02, 12:16   Link #261
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Yeah, but it kinda feels like there was no development at all in the tv series. In Zeta, he was more chill to the point he didn't care about Kamille's irritated state and that's saying a lot. It's like his characters went 360
Old 2019-07-02, 13:30   Link #262
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I consider Origin Char to be his cocky emotional teenager phase, whilst Zeta Char was his more mature adult phase. After all Origin Char is only 15, whilst Zeta Char is 28.

A big part of why Origin Char is the way he is, is because he was driven to avenge his parents and destroy the Zabi family. Once he did that he had to mature and find a new purpose and became more politically driven as a result.

That's been my interpretation anyway. I feel like there's some really great potential in making another side story about Char, but this time based on his years between the One Year War and the events of Zeta, because I feel like that's where the biggest change happened.

Last edited by Haak; 2019-07-02 at 13:42.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-02, 18:05   Link #263
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDF2050 View Post
I am in love with this new OP. It's amazing in every way.
Yeah, I thought the past Openings were alright but then they give me "Beyond the Time" .
Old 2019-07-02, 18:16   Link #264
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
That's been my interpretation anyway. I feel like there's some really great potential in making another side story about Char, but this time based on his years between the One Year War and the events of Zeta, because I feel like that's where the biggest change happened.
I forgot what it's called but there's a manga about that. Shows how he met Haman, etc...
Old 2019-07-02, 19:59   Link #265
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Yeah, but it kinda feels like there was no development at all in the tv series.
Origin Char is him at his rawest. As for development, you see how Casval changed from a generally good young man into a revenge machine that is Char Aznable. The death of Casval's mother was really the final straw for him. It's really after that point that Casval gave up from being decent and committed himself to his vengeance for the Zabi family and nothing will stop him until all the Zabis are dead (well, except for Mineva. She was just a baby in 0079).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
In Zeta, he was more chill to the point he didn't care about Kamille's irritated state and that's saying a lot. It's like his characters went 360
As for his "Quattro Vagina"-period, it's just as Haak said. Char already achieved his revenge/goal at the end of MSG so that allowed him to chill and rethink his life. He gained more experience and world-view during the period between MSG & Zeta. Zeta has a seven year gap from MSG. People usually change during that period (see MSG-Amuro & Zeta-Amuro), especially someone in Char's position in a dynamic world like UC. He also spent some of his days in Axis and interact with the Khan/Karn family before Zeta. In short: Char grew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I forgot what it's called but there's a manga about that. Shows how he met Haman, etc...
It's Char's Deleted Affair.
Old 2019-07-08, 20:06   Link #266
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

No episode this week apparently
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-22, 09:15   Link #267
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

So, people is being excited about Origin OPs, but I actually like the EDs more, with the new take on nostalgic/old Gundam songs and beautiful/interesting visuals:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YouTube
YouTube