AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2010-01-18, 19:24   Link #441
max2k

I have a Problem with PD ...

After restarting PD to Day, if got the Message or some thing like "PD detectet unty-folder delation" and the old message with "Unity Download has higeher priority then manual Download *blabla*". I never deleted files of the unity folder, the program it self deleted 10 igs after my unity size was full. Now my unity size in PD is at Zero, the real unity folder is still over 30 GB, and all my Downloads are lost...

Some one knows a workaround for this bug? The real unity files are still there. (OS: Windows XP, still enough Diskspace on the partion runing PD)
Old 2010-01-19, 15:02   Link #442
salty
3D MAXEEER

Thats odd. PD wont delete all files in unity folder if ever it initiates its auto-deletion thing when 40GB (or whatever the size was set) is reached. Anyway, try goin to your setting and configure the destination of your unity folder again and restart the pd. itd reload your 30GB unity back. it should. i transferred a unity folder with 44GB in it and PD was able to see it.

if that thing didnt work, there is a folder name backup where you run PD... it has your old setting. grab those three files with the name perfect dark and put them where you run PD. restart the pd. itd usually reload the settings and unity cache. if that one didnt work either, try transferring the scion.globe from the backup folder to unity folder. it should replace the one in the unity folder. restart pd again and hope this one works. ive been transferring my PD folders on or off my PC to other pc and havent experience the one you had.

Last edited by salty; 2010-01-19 at 15:26.
salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 13:05   Link #443
ape88

I got it online on Vista and have had it running for about 4 hours now but for some reason downloads dont work. Even when I go after the download with the count in the 1000s it still is stuck at ('w')zzz
ape88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 15:04   Link #444
K!R4
Freelance

What type of internet connection you got? Because PD relies on fast internet service. and before you could have a decent download, unity must be either half full or full (20-40GB) because it priorities people with high amount of unity than those people with less unity. You should have seen the popup window about this the first time you run this program. Itd tell you, your downloads would get priorities as your unity increases.

It doesnt really matter whether the file youre trying to dl has 1 or 1000 counts because thats not the only one that PD checks when you download files. Eventhough the files youre trying to dl are abundant from other PD users unity, it wont download anything if your PD finds your unity is low. Size of unity dictates what kind of speed youd get whatever connection you have. (take note: also, this depends on users youre downloading from... you wont get your max dl speed of 1MB/s if the users youre downloadin from have less overall upload speed.)

If above is not the case, you got a problem on your end. (router issue, port forwarding needed and isp issue, etc.)

Last edited by K!R4; 2010-01-26 at 15:25.
K!R4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 13:49   Link #445
max2k

Is ther anything like web listing of Files in the PD Network you can search?

The "search-cap" is some what around 64000 entries, if i remember right. I am at 34000 at the moment and it seems to me that i dont can find anything new.

The thing that makes me nervous the most i am in need of a ookami kakushi epi 05 transportstream. Normaly it would hit the nerwork @ saturday morning. Could some pd user have a look (i dont ask you toload the transportstream) it is realy not ther. Only that i know it is not a bug on my side.

I know i am a real PD newbiee
Old 2010-02-09, 17:50   Link #446
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

all the pd cappers have gone underground since the raid last week
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 01:12   Link #447
CryptWizard

Some are back (and most have gone anonymous (but it is damn easy to tell who they are because they are using the same filenames and tags)) and most channels are covered.

There's 1-2 new ones based on what I perceive from filename patterns.

But there is no one covering the "CS" (AT-X HD, ANIMAX HD and to a lesser degree, but of more archival (haha) importance, KIDS HD, because it air shows in HD that were previously aired as upscales and only got DVDs) channels at the moment.
CryptWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 05:36   Link #448
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

I would think people would go against the BD rippers before they get the cappers?

Or maybe it's just because TV cappers are the easier people to track down.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 12:40   Link #449
Ruta

Send a message via MSN to Ruta
Hello everyone,

I'm posting here because I'm at a loss of what to do about my Perfect Dark. I've been using it for nearly a year now (I started in spring last year), but ever since I moved, it's stopped working. I can still search terms, but my download/upload are very low. I've changed ISPs, and I can't think of it as being anything but that. I can transfer much faster than the speeds I get on Perfect Dark, but for some reason, Perfect Dark will never reach my cap.

For awhile, I thought the ISP may be too slow though, or my Perfect Dark may be corrupt. However, I went to the country to visit my parents at Christmas time and the internet there is much slower (but different ISP again), and it works amazingly! Even though the cap there is 200 k/second total, all the files I had queued up for such a long time all downloaded! I've given up on my ISP at home, but I'm trying again today, because I can't find the things I want elsewhere.

I've started a new Perfect Dark. Even the unity cannot download properly. It's always downloading/uploading at 20k a second or so, even though my cap is much higher. I've left it on over night, and the unity is only 77 MB. Almost all the files in unity are only a few k large. Only one is 32 MB. Only a handful are over 1 MB. It's as if all downloads cannot initialize.

Can anyone help me with this vague problem? I've tried on or off the router, and various different ports, but the problem persists. What could my ISP be doing to make this not work? Even if it's capping the download on this one application, if it's going at 20 k/second, I could at least expect things to be downloaded in time. If I queued up anything, even if my unity was 50+ gigs and up to date, it would never touch a single thing I had queued, even with counts of over 1400. It could stay at 96% for months. I'm really frustrated, but obviously I cannot ask my ISP with such vague information, and they won't support something that sounds illegal like Perfect Dark.
Ruta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 08:13   Link #450
Kurre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruta View Post
Hello everyone,

I'm posting here because I'm at a loss of what to do about my Perfect Dark. I've been using it for nearly a year now (I started in spring last year), but ever since I moved, it's stopped working. I can still search terms, but my download/upload are very low. I've changed ISPs, and I can't think of it as being anything but that. I can transfer much faster than the speeds I get on Perfect Dark, but for some reason, Perfect Dark will never reach my cap.

For awhile, I thought the ISP may be too slow though, or my Perfect Dark may be corrupt. However, I went to the country to visit my parents at Christmas time and the internet there is much slower (but different ISP again), and it works amazingly! Even though the cap there is 200 k/second total, all the files I had queued up for such a long time all downloaded! I've given up on my ISP at home, but I'm trying again today, because I can't find the things I want elsewhere.

I've started a new Perfect Dark. Even the unity cannot download properly. It's always downloading/uploading at 20k a second or so, even though my cap is much higher. I've left it on over night, and the unity is only 77 MB. Almost all the files in unity are only a few k large. Only one is 32 MB. Only a handful are over 1 MB. It's as if all downloads cannot initialize.

Can anyone help me with this vague problem? I've tried on or off the router, and various different ports, but the problem persists. What could my ISP be doing to make this not work? Even if it's capping the download on this one application, if it's going at 20 k/second, I could at least expect things to be downloaded in time. If I queued up anything, even if my unity was 50+ gigs and up to date, it would never touch a single thing I had queued, even with counts of over 1400. It could stay at 96% for months. I'm really frustrated, but obviously I cannot ask my ISP with such vague information, and they won't support something that sounds illegal like Perfect Dark.
To me it clearly sounds that either your ports are not open or your new ISP is throttling p2p connections. You can of course ask your ISP if they throttle p2p connections.
Kurre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 13:09   Link #451
Syobon
Moe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsubishiZero View Post
You guys have to know that the Japanese Police is not checking IPs for BT activity, but the whole internet activity to check for BTs............so intense sharing with any programme is going to be noticed by the Japanese police................we are in such a situation now.........
there is no real anonymity with tcp/ip, PD cracked is another example, the uploaders will always be in the hot spot.
Syobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 00:15   Link #452
Ruta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurre View Post
To me it clearly sounds that either your ports are not open or your new ISP is throttling p2p connections. You can of course ask your ISP if they throttle p2p connections.
The port is open, that's for sure. As for the ISP, I've heard it used to, but got in trouble for doing so, and no longer does. I can use BT and other file swarm applications fine, even without packet encrypting, so if it is blocking, it must be somehow limited to this PD. It doesn't really make any sense, since everything else works.
Old 2010-02-16, 00:45   Link #453
asunder
the ancient biter

http://www.canyouseeme.org/ try this to confirm that it's actually open.
asunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 22:58   Link #454
Ruta

Quote:
Originally Posted by asunder View Post
http://www.canyouseeme.org/ try this to confirm that it's actually open.
Yeah, whatever port I use, it confirms that it's open while the application is running. This is the same for many ports. I've tested quite a few.

That being said, after going back to my original port, Perfect Dark is now transferring at a decent rate. I don't know what has changed. If it continues like this, I'll see if the problem still persists when my unity is filled up on this new Perfect Dark. Thanks for the help for now.
Old 2010-02-17, 10:18   Link #455
Kayzenx

Hello, guys. I installed the program and all worked alright until i download a file and it didn't convert ;\ After the download was finished the file didn't convert itself, i tried manually, but nothing happens ;\

Does someone know what could be the problem? I'm really needing those files XD

I almost forget... i'm using linux ubuntu
Kayzenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-18, 19:46   Link #456
Ruta

My Perfect Dark is back to doing poorly again. I really can't figure it out. I guess it's just luck, but it doesn't feel like it. Even though it's currently downloading at 40 k, there's nothing writing to my drive. Is it normal for this to be the case? When my Perfect Dark worked, I never bothered to look at the traffic of my unity folder. However, now that it doesn't, I can't help but wonder why the unity folder has over 200 files that are not even 1 mb in size. As far as the theory of PD goes, I can't imagine that these files are large enough to be worth an upload, so I must assume whatever PD is trying to download to my unity, it cannot. But if it were a failing of the program, why does it work fine on the same computer on other ISPs? I'm just babbling, but the lack of anything concrete really bothers me. I don't know anyone that uses unity to compare results.

As for the ubuntu user who cannot convert, what locale are you using?
Old 2010-02-19, 05:47   Link #457
Kayzenx

i'm using wineloc ja_JP but i still cant convert anything, i got downloaded about 30 files, cant convert any of them ;\
Kayzenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 11:57   Link #458
Ruta

Instead of wineloc, try using an actual locale in your system, and wine should be able to work it out for you. For example:

LC_ALL=ja_JP.utf8 wine .wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/perfect\ dark\ 1.06/perfect\ dark.exe

You can see a list of available locales with locale -a. You can see your own locale with just locale. As long as your locale is a utf8 one, you shouldn't need to use wineloc.
Old 2010-02-21, 00:33   Link #459
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Try this:

http://code.google.com/p/winelocale/...ocalesToDebian
Old 2010-02-22, 06:18   Link #460
CryptWizard

Become root

run dpkg-reconfigure locales and select ja_JP.UTF-8 (for Debian/Ubuntu)

start PD with a command like:

LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8 wine perfect\ dark.exe
CryptWizard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
p2p, perfect dark