AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-08, 15:51   Link #21
Diodati
The very united ACROSS

Saikano
Blue Drop: Tenshitachi no Gikyoku
Basilisk
Chrno Crusade
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito

I thought of those first.

And if you have time to check out the manga (don't bother with any animated version):

X

There's tragedy, angst and romance from the get-go. Although there's yet to be an official 'ending'.
Old 2008-10-08, 22:02   Link #22
Tier3

Gantz... :P
Old 2008-10-09, 00:24   Link #23
LeoXiao
思想工作

Gantz was too f*cked up to be sad.
Old 2008-10-11, 18:31   Link #24
anime ronin
death by animeoverdos X_X

thnx for the suggestions guys, i think ill start out to see what saikano is about, it looks y interesting from what i hav read

PIRATES DOCKING 6!!! GIANT ROBOT SOLDIER!!! BIG EMPEROR!!!
Old 2008-10-28, 04:33   Link #25
Genna

Chrono Crusade

Chrono Crusade
Dont know if your into fantasy, but its an amazing story and the ending leaves you in tears! Its about this girl Roesette who fights devils, along side another devil whose name is Chrono. Rosette lost her brother to one of these demons so her purpose in life is to save her little brother. But Rosette has only so much time to live because she made a contract with Chrono. Chrono lost his horns, which keep him alive and provide him with astral energy, so the only other way he can get energy is from a human contracter. So everytime Chrono transforms into his devil form, Rosettes life gets sucked away. Well Chrono falls in love with Rosette and she with him, so its really hard that hes killing her. This anime does a wonderful job of combining humor, romance, action and sadness!

Old 2008-10-28, 17:39   Link #26
Telmah

Send a message via AIM to Telmah Send a message via MSN to Telmah
I'll second Utawarerumono.
Old 2008-10-28, 18:45   Link #27
Oxtail

I suggest NANA for a romance anime with some pretty emotional moments. The voiceover at the end of each episode alone can cause a lump or two in your throat. Definitely not like the school life romance dramas you're used to seeing.

And for a slightly more creative choice, Mahoromatic. Yes, it's sometimes a really goofy comedy with a lot of ecchi elements, but there's a strong strain of sadness running through the show. Every episode ends with a countdown of how many days Mahoro has left to live. The animation is dated and the ending of the second and last season still draws complaints from fans, but IMO it's still a series well worth watching.

PS: instead of Saikano, I'd recommend Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu. They're both essentially the same story, but I found Saikano too bleak and depressing. Iriya no Sora does it better with a somewhat bittersweet ending instead of the crazy angst of Saikano.
Closed Thread